Chapter 11

His Delicate Hands

(Continuation of the flashback)

When he turned around, the person he saw made him gasped loudly. "What the... Why are you looking like that?? And what are doing here? Do you want to snatch my Kyungsoo away from me again?!" Jongin's loud voice resonated in the small confinement of the washroom. He was enraged, furious even at the intruder who was the same person who interrupted him and Kyungsoo last time. Kyungsoo on the other hand just stood still while blushing madly upon hearing the dancer claimed him as his.

"Geez, you're not the one to say. Just look at yourself. You're no differ from me," Chanyeol seethed. He knew that he looked like a walking dead - damn eyebags and bloodshot eyes; but Jongin must hadn't check himself yet. The younger looked no less the same as him for God's sake! He cannot get it why Jongin's so angry - maybe he did know a little (he totally knew why. LOL). But this time, it's purely a coincidence - maybe. All he wanted to do was getting some tissue papers from their case on the wall, on Kyungsoo's left. Seriously, of all places, it must happened to be there; and of all places, Jongin must chose the unsanitary place to confess his love - this is the second time already. 'Tch, that unromantic kid,' he said in his mind.

Jongin who didn't catch the meaning behind Chanyeol's words proceeded to look into the long mirror provided on one of the walls of the bathroom. He too was shocked at the image of himself. He admitted that he looked the same as the tallest man, if not worse. Bashfully, he washed his face with the cold tap water in hope to look better. 'Did I just looked at Kyungsoo with this face? Why didn't Sehun and Luhan told me earlier? Aish, that love-sick people,' he rambled silently.

"And no. I'm not going to snatch Kyungsoo away. Since when he's yours anyway?" Chanyeol said, breaking the temporary silence. "If you may excuse me, can I get some tissue papers, please? I have my own business in here, you know," Chanyeol said, half mocking and strutted towards the tissue papers' case beside Kyungsoo. When he reached near Kyungsoo, he whispered, "I told you,". He raised his eyebrows knowingly at Kyungsoo and grabbed a fistful tissue papers before he leaving both of them alone to do his 'business'. Both Kyungsoo and Jongin felt utterly embarrassed that they just stood still looking at each other with similar shades of red on their faces even after Chanyeol left.

"Urm, let's go somewhere else?" Jongin braved himself to ask Kyungsoo. Afterall, Chanyeol was still in the same vicinity - doing his business in one of the cubicles. "Sure," Kyungsoo said with a definite tone. He was eager to hear what the younger wanted to say in the first place. They decided that a secluded area at the end of the hallway might be suitable and private enough to talk. For a while, both of them just stood there, facing each other - Jongin was rephrasing his words in his head while Kyungsoo waited for Jongin to say something, anything to start a conversation. Just then, Jongin remembered the lovebirds a.k.a Sehun and Luhan's advice; "Be honest and just be yourself," they said.

He composed himself before started to speak. "Erm, what I really want to say is.. I'm really, really sorry. I said I like you but what I did didn't reflect my words, right? And about.." Jongin stopped mid-sentence to inhale a deep breath. "About Taemin.. Well, I admit that I had a crush on him some time ago, but I have gotten over him now. I swear! About what you saw the other day, please don't misunderstand. That was just a friendly hug. I saw him crying, he looked so vulnerable and that's when I decided to give him a hug. A friendly hug. Urm.. I really like you Kyungsoo-ssi. No, I think I love you. Would you please accept my heart?" Jongin looked at Kyungsoo with a hopeful gaze.

Kyungsoo blushed at the confession. Jongin's second confession. 'So, Chanyeol was right,' he thought. He felt guilty for not returning the said tall man's feelings. It's just.. His heart was already stolen by the back-up dancer at that time and he cannot just choose one between the two right in front of them both. He reciprocated the good and the bad sides if he accept the dancer's heart for a minute while scrutinizing Jongin's expressions. He saw that the hopeful look earlier gradually changed to obscurity and lastly to dejection as he waited for his answer. At the sad look, Kyungsoo didn't waste any seconds. "If I accept your heart, would you treat me well? Would you promise not to break my heart?" he asked warily. He looked straight into Jongin's dark brown orbs as if he's trying to find the answers there. Aside from his puppy love with a guy named Jongdae during middle school, his experience with love was near to non-existence; he only had few crushes here and there after that. That's the reason why he asked the question; he was afraid of the possibility of someone will break his heart the most. He had witnessed worst things a broken hearted person can do before.

"Yes! I will! And I promise!" Jongin scurried forward and grasped Kyungsoo's hands in his own. He looked like an excited puppy. Kyungsoo was shocked at the sudden action and absent-mindedly moved backward. Upon realized what he had done, Jongin released his favourite, delicate pair of hands from his grasp. "So.. Sorry," he uttered lowly. He balled his hands as they were still tingling with the sensation of the smoothness of Kyungsoo's hands. "Like I said, yes. I will. And I promise," he repeated his words earlier, a tad bit less excited than the previous. "Oo.. Okay. I guess. We can try?" Kyungsoo finally replied, but his reply ended up as a question. "Really?? I mean, Really really?" Jongin bounced from his position. "Ye.. Yeah," Kyungsoo mumbled but still audible to Jongin.

Out of sudden, Kyungsoo felt his small body was engulfed in a big hug. His head rested on a sturdy, broad chest. The closeness made him able to hear the erratic pounding of the heart inside the ribcage. He wished that the other cannot feel his crazily beating heart too. "Thank you. Thank you for giving me a chance," Jongin said on Kyungsoo's black, silky soft locks as he inhaled the sweet scent of those locks. "O.. Okay," was the only reply Kyungsoo can think of at the moment. He was flustered to the pit of his stomach. A few minutes later, Jongin loosened his hold on Kyungsoo's body and released it completely to face the shorter male. "So, can we drop the formalities now?" He had so many things to say but he blurted that first. He really wanted to call the hairstylist by his name, without having to add '-ssi' like he had to with others. "Sure, I guess," Kyungsoo answered, face flushed. Jongin had the urge to hug the petite man (his boyfriend now) again but he refrained himself, afraid that Kyungsoo will see him as a skinship maniac even though he is one.

At a distance nearby, there was a hunched figure hidden behind a tall ornamental indoor plant watching the whole encounter; a small smile appeared on a certain tall man's face. "They're just too cute," he mumbled to himself before retreated away from the new couple. He sighed, relief flooded his whole body for his seemingly right decision of letting go of the man he loves to a rightful man. 'I will find someone who loves me someday' Chanyeol said in his head. Once again, he found that his steps felt much lighter as he walked to the dressing room.

(End of flashback)

*********

A loud, obnoxious sound fills a previously quiet, soundless bedroom - spare the soft snores. A man on the bed in a corner of the room flinches at the sound of perfectly functioning alarm clock. He peeks out his head from his comfortable duvet to look at the time. It's his time to rise and shine - 6.15 a.m. Like any other mornings, he gets up, reaches for the alarm clock, dismisses the alarm and stretches his stiff muscles. However, he does not stride to the bathroom as usual. Instead, he sits up on the king-sized bed, his back rests on the headboard.

His mind starts to wander through yesterday's events; from the morning, when he received a love confession which then made him got a long nag for slacking off during working time; to the time when his dancer boyfriend offered to walk him home after they wrapped up for the day; to the whole journey of walking back home together which involved shy gestures - a lot; to the lovers' bicker in front of his apartment's door; and lastly to the kiss planted on his lips before he settled into his apartment - it is more likely a peck actually. The last thought makes him blush deep red. He touches his lips gingerly as he remembering the feeling of those pink, plump lips on his own. "If only it can last longer," he mumbles. Shocked at the remarks, he dives into his white duvet and starts squealing like a constipated seal. After tiring himself squealing on the bed, only then Kyungsoo drags his body to the bathroom.

"It's the beginning of brand new days ahead of us. I'm looking forward to them," he says to his reflection on a full body mirror in his room after finished preparing himself for the day, smiling giddily as he imagines his daily life with an addition of Jongin in it.

To be continued.. (or not?)

a/n: another 1.5k words. is this an appropriate ending? or would you like more fluffy kaisoo? and chanyeol's proper happy ever after? do let me know your opinions. ;) to those who read, subscribe and vote this fic, i just wanna say i love you! :D

p/s: have u seen all those kaisoos in pepero cf?! I literally died. my babysoo looked like a chipmunk. sooo cutee! *died again. bye.