Chapter 8

His Delicate Hands

"He will never look at me like that; I should know from the start that I have no chance at all. I should not interrupt them," he mumbles silently as he looks down to restrain the tears that b in his eyes. He promises to himself to fix current situation as soon as possible. He will reunite both Kyungsoo and Jongin together soon, he says in his mind.

Days go by, but Kyungsoo still avoids Jongin and Chanyeol like a plague. He never styled Jongin’s hair again. Whenever he is assigned to style Jongin’s (or even Sehun’s) hair, he will ask other hairstylists to replace him. He also distances himself as far as possible from the props’ team. He knows that his actions will solve nothing, but he can’t help but feeling agitated about meeting the two men who had caused tremendous chaos in his heart. Meanwhile, both Jongin and Chanyeol never stopped their endeavor to talk to Kyungsoo but failed every time. They are tired but they do not plan to stop too soon. “Aish, he’s too stubborn. Why won’t he just talk to you?,” even Sehun, who is just a bystander is getting weary by the ‘chasing’ or rather ‘hide and seek’ thing happening to his best friend. His best friend and Chanyeol are the ones chasing for the petite hairstylist; but the latter will run away and hide from them every single time. The situation continues like that for a while until something quite unexpected happens.

It happens to Jongin. He is so sure that he is in love with Kyungsoo. Even though the older man avoids him, he never feels irked, angry or tired. He is determined to make Kyungsoo his, only his; and he is Kyungsoo’s, only Kyungsoo’s. However, unexpected things are not presumable. It happens when Taemin has his schedule in Japan. All artists from his company are scheduled to perform in a big-scale concert that the gaps between performances with another is pretty long. So, Jongin decides that the time during the gaps will be utilized to talk things to Kyungsoo. On his way to search for the small man (Kyungsoo is hiding, again), he stumbles upon a person he thought he has gotten over long time ago. The said man has just exited from the washroom and walks past him. In a short time, he has managed to inspect Taemin’s face vigilantly; there’s something wrong with that face - the face that always wearing an eye-blinding smile at all times. There is no trace of that smile on Taemin’s face; all Jongin can see are tears-stricken eyes, red, runny nose and slightly pouting lips. He does not know why but he feels a pang in his heart seeing the man looks like that; his heart hurts for him.

He could just leave him alone but Jongin absent-mindedly forgets about his intention to look for Kyungsoo. Currently, his mind is occupied with Taemin - crying Taemin. Hesitantly, he follows Taemin who has his back hunched and head bowed to the earth; to wherever he’s heading. Jongin follows after him silently with a good few meters distance between them. After a while, Taemin stops at a secluded area where the emergency exit located at. From his distance, Jongin sees him squatting down and brings his knees to his chest, his hands wrapping around his legs and face hidden between the legs. Jongin just watches the figure on the floor from afar soundlessly. After a minute staying still, Jongin can see Taemin's body heaving up and down, trembling. Jongin knows that he is crying again. What justifies his assumption is the sound of small sobs coming from the man. Taemin tries hard to muffle his sobbing but fails forlornly until the small area is echoed with the sound of his sad whimpers.

As if he cannot bear with the sorrowful sight, Jongin finds himself approaching the crying man. Wordlessly, he squats in front of Taemin and envelops the latter in a comforting hug. Taemin is so shocked when he finds himself in someone's arms. He looks up to see the owner of the arms. His sight is blurry because of the tears, so he blinks his eyes repeatedly only to see one of his back-up dancers hugging him in a comforting manner. He feels so warm in the man's hold that his heart soothes a bit. Feeling pleasant with the hug, he leans down to the sturdy chest of the dancer.

For no one knows how long, they stay like that. All the while, Jongin runs his hand on Taemin's back, rubbing the back in consoling demeanor. Taemin is now calmed down; he stopped crying too. While they're lost in the moment, they failed to hear the sound of footsteps approaching them. "Urm.. I.. I'm sorry to disturb both of you, but Taemin-ssi, your performance will be in 15 minutes from now. We’re looking for you for a while now. You should be ready. You too, Jongin-ssi," says a voice, breaking them from the warm hug. Both of them look up to see the owner of the voice. “Oo.. Oh, alright. I’ll be there shortly,” Taemin replies. Meanwhile, Jongin freezes in his spot as soon as his eyes meet with Kyungsoo’s. Yes, it’s Kyungsoo who approaches them. Taemin’s make-up team has been in chaos earlier when they realized that the star is nowhere in sight. Therefore, some of the staffs are assigned to look for the idol. As for a missing back-up dancer, only Sehun noticed it but he decided to shut his mouth as he knew that his best friend will eventually come – Jongin never slacked off, he knows who Jongin is.

Unfortunately, the staff who found both of them has to be Kyungsoo. That caused Jongin’s condition right now – he is shocked beyond words. His mouth gapes open to say something but nothing comes out. He looks at Kyungsoo with his eyes widens. He never imagined himself in current situation. “O.. Okay, I’ll tell the rest that I’ve found you,” Kyungsoo says, his voice slightly wavers. Taemin notices nothing, but Jongin notices it; he always noticed everything about the man. “Thank you, Jongin-ah, for not asking and for the hug. It really calmed me,” Taemin thanking his back-up dancer sincerely. He always treats his back-up dancers as his friends. Therefore, he takes the hug as a friendly hug. He was just quarreled with his lover about something he thinks is trivial but for Minho it is not, so a hug from a friend at the time is really needed - he never realizes it until he receives one. “You’re welcome. You can consult me every time you’re troubled, you know,” Jongin says calmly. “Let’s go, we have to work now,” Taemin gets up from the floor and extends a hand towards Jongin afterwards. “Yeah, you can go first,” Jongin accepts the hand and gets up as Taemin tugs him up. Then, Taemin walks away from him, leaving him alone. His mind is so muddles up by now that he does not realized that there are no sparks or any tingling feelings when his hand touched Taemin’s. Before, just by merely presence of Taemin around him will make his stomach churns and his whole body tinges with fleeting feelings.

What muddles his mind right now is no other than Kyungsoo – with the way his eyes cast down when their gaze met earlier, the way his eyes loses their sparkling shimmers when he witnessed him hugging Taemin and the way his voice trembles with hurt when he went away just now. It pains his heart very much; it hurts even more compared to the pain he felt when he saw Taemin crying earlier. Soon, he realizes it. The feelings he had for Taemin compared to his feelings towards Kyungsoo. When he hugged Taemin earlier, for a second he thought that he still loves the idol. That’s why he can’t help but approached the crying man and hugged him. The realization hits him hard right on his heart. He is so wrong. He really has gotten over Taemin. He hugged the idol just now only as a friendly gesture. However, it’s too late now, he thinks. “I’ve hurt him once again,” he mumbles as he ruffles his hair messily. “What have I done..,” he sighs as he walks slowly to the dressing room. He still has to work anyway.

********

“He will come here shortly,” Kyungsoo reports to other staffs in the dressing room. His voice comes out weakly and he really hopes that there are no tears in his eyes. He has swept it all off on his way earlier, he tries to convince himself. ‘But why can’t I see clearly?’ he thinks as he swept off the b tears in his eyes. “Are you okay?” one of the staffs asks upon noticing his watery eyes. “Ye.. yeah, I’m okay. It’s just.. Dust. Dust got into my eyes just now,” he replies. He flashes a half-hearted smile and excuses himself to the washroom for a while. He needs to calm down in any way. They are not yet done for the day; means that he cannot flee or escape himself off.

He struts slowly to the washroom carrying his heavy mind and even heavier heart. If he can flush both away in the toilet, he will do it – but he can’t, unfortunately. He wishes that he can calm himself down at the washroom, but apparently what waiting him at the small room only worsen the chaos he is experiencing.

To be continued..

a/n: just wanna mess them up a bit. What’s going to happen to kaisoo? And chansoo? Keep calm and keep reading! Do leave your comments pretty pleaseee..