Chapter 7

Our Taboo Attraction

          Later that day, Hankyung and Heechul entered their home and found Min, Jae, and Leeteuk sitting in the living room. “Min, dad, who’s he?” Hankyung asked.

          “This is Leeteuk, he is the student counselor at your school,” Min informed.

          “I’m here to just observe your family, so please act as if I wasn’t here,” Leeteuk requested as he sat at the dining room table.

          “Okay, well I’m gonna go set my stuff down in my room, I’ll be right back,” Heechul said.

          “Do you mind if I ask him a few questions?” Leeteuk asked the parents as he started for the stairs.

          “What do you wanna know from him?” Hankyung demanded as he blocked the entrance to the stairs.

          “Just to ask him a couple of questions about school,” Leeteuk said.

          Hankyung glared at the man but allowed him to go upstairs. He grabbed Leeteuk’s arm and whispered “If you say anything that makes him upset –”

          “Don’t worry, every question is standard procedure,” Leeteuk replied.

           The man walked down the hall and knocked on Heechul’s bedroom door. “What, what is it?” Heechul asked in a nervous tone.

          “Heechul, it’s Leeteuk, may I come in?” he wondered. The raven haired teen opened his bedroom door and let Leeteuk in. “Heechul, I would like to ask you a couple of questions about yourself.”

          “Am I in trouble?” he asked.

          “No, there were a couple of kids at school who say that you and Hankyung sneak away to the bleachers at the football field every day at lunch, and have been doing this for two years,” Leeteuk informed.

          Heechul’s eyes widened. “Yes, but we always come back for class,” Heechul snapped with nervousness.

          “Alright, now what is your relationship like with your brother?” Leeteuk continued.

          “I love him,” Heechul immediately said. He then caught himself and continued “He’s my stepbrother after all. May I please see him?”

          “In a minute, now tell me, do you and Hankyung have a lot of friends or girlfriends?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “I don’t know, I don’t care; can I please just go and see Hankyung?” Heechul requested as he felt his body tremble.

          “Heechul, has your brother ever abused you or made you do something you weren’t comfortable with?” Leeteuk asked.

          The raven haired teen stood up and pushed books off his desk before angrily replying “No, why are you asking me these questions?! Hankyung and I have a wonderful relationship, why do you care?!” There was a knock at the door before Heechul threw it open and latched himself onto his brother. “Make him go away,” he cried to Hankyung.

          The blonde held Heechul close and looked up at Leeteuk. “I told you not to make him upset,” he said. “Get away from my brother! Stay away from us.” Hankyung pushed Leeteuk out of Heechul’s room and locked himself and Heechul in the room. Hankyung held Heechul as they lay on the bed together and wrapped their arms around one another. Heechul cried into Hankyung’s chest as he gripped his brother’s shirt. Hankyung shushed him gently, his hair, and kissed his forehead.

          Leeteuk walked downstairs and joined Min and Jae in the living room. “Is everything alright? We heard yelling,” Min asked.

          Slowly, Leeteuk sat down and said “Hankyung and Heechul seem to have a unique relationship. They appear to be attached to one another, a little too much. Hankyung shows signs of extreme protectiveness over Heechul, and Heechul seems very fond of Hankyung; now judging from what you told me, and by the way they act around each other suggests signs of, well this is hard for me to say . . .”

          “What, what is it?” Jae wondered.

          “You two are going to think I’m crazy, but your sons are displaying indications of an uous relationship,” Leeteuk stated.

          Min and Jae dropped their jaws. “Are you insane?! Hankyung and Heechul would never do something so immoral! They know better than that, they know it’s wrong and illegal,” Min shouted.

          “Ma’am, have Hankyung and Heechul seemed to be acting strange lately to you?” Leeteuk inquired.

          “No, well the other night I walked into Heechul’s room in the middle of the night and –” Min stopped short.

          “What, honey what is it?” Jae questioned.

          Turning to her husband, Min stated “Hankyung and Heechul were in bed together, awfully close to one another. Heechul claimed he had a nightmare and that Hankyung was helping him calm down. Oh my God, you don’t think they’re ually active do you?”

          “To be safe, I would like to talk to them both to see if I can straighten out exactly what’s happening. I would like for them individually to come and talk with me. I want Heechul to come on Tuesday and Hankyung on Wednesday,” Leeteuk requested.

          “Okay, we will talk to them both, and have them report to you,” Jae promised. 

          After Leeteuk left, Jae and Min called Hankyung and Heechul downstairs. “What is it?” Hankyung asked.

          “Sit down, both of you,” Jae stated firmly. Hankyung and Heechul sat down on the couch across from their parents. “Now your school counselor just told us some disturbing news that had better not be true.”

          “He said the two of you are showing signs of an uous relationship, tell me this isn’t true,” Min pleaded.

          “Of course not, why would he say that?” Hankyung denied.

          “Because of the way you two act around one another, and because your mother saw the both of you lying together in bed the other night,” Jae said.

          “Dad, nothing is happening between us like that,” Hankyung lied.

          “Yeah, why would he tell you something like that?” Heechul added.

          “You two are going to go talk to that counselor again tomorrow. And if he says that you two are indeed are in an uous relationship, you will be separated and sent away from each other. I cannot even believe that you two are being accused of doing something so disgusting. Hankyung, you will be kicked out of the house, and Heechul, you will have no more contact with him, if Leeteuk says you two are in fact in an intimate relationship,” Christopher growled.

          “You two, go upstairs and stay up there for the rest of the night. And stay in your own bedrooms,” Min instructed.

          Hankyung and Heechul stood up and walked upstairs to their bedrooms. Heechul lie on his bed and began to cry, while Hankyung punched his door. This counselor was ruining everything the two of them had worked so hard to maintain and keep a secret.

          In the middle of the night, Hankyung made sure his parents were asleep before he snuck into Heechul’s room and held his brother close to him, while the raven haired teen cried quietly. Heechul whispered “Hankyung, I’m scared; Jae threatened to separate us if they find out the truth.”

          Hankyung ran a hand up and down Heechul’s back before replying “It’ll be okay, as long as we’re together, no one will break us. I’ll make sure that that Leeteuk guy doesn’t say anything else to make you upset. We will be together no matter what, I promise.” The blonde placed a kiss on his brother’s head before closing his eyes to go to sleep.