Chapter 14

Our Taboo Attraction

          Fifteen years later . . .

          The gates of the ia prison opened up for Hankyung and the now thirty three year old man was now getting the chance to reenter society. He sighed with relief as he felt the wind blow on his face gently. Hankyung wanted nothing more now than to find Heechul, but had no idea where he was now. The smart thing would be to travel to his parents’ house in New York and ask them.

          Knocking on the front door, Hankyung watched Min and Jae answer and look at him. “Oh hell no, they let you out already?” Jae growled.

          “Where’s Heechul?” Hankyung questioned.

          “He moved away to St. Augustine, Florida about a week after you were put away,” Min explained.

          “Honey, don’t tell him where Heechul went,” Jae said as he turned to his wife.

          “Jae it’s been fifteen years, and in that time, we haven’t heard from either of our sons. If they want to be happy now, what can we do to stop them? They’re grown adult men,” the woman reminded. Jae sighed before Min continued “He misses you Hankyung. For the last week he stayed with us, he wouldn’t get out of bed and cried for you every night. We tried to talk to him and convince him that life was okay without you, but he refused to believe it and moved out.”

          “I’ve missed him too; I’ve spent the last fifteen years thinking about him, wondering whether or not he found someone else to be with,” Hankyung replied.

          “As far as we know, Heechul has no one in his life, and he lives alone,” Min informed. “This is the address he gave us on his last letter he wrote, hopefully he hasn’t moved since then.” Min handed Hankyung an envelope with an address on it.

          “I’m going down there to see him, and don’t try to stop us this time,” Hankyung demanded towards Jae. “You may not see why we love each other, but we don’t answer to you anymore.”

          Over the next few days, Hankyung drove down from New York to Florida. He’d entered the address into a GPS and soon pulled up to a beach house that sat isolated along the St. Augustine shore line. Hankyung felt his heart pound rapidly as he walked up to the front door and knocked. After a few minutes, and having no one answer, Hankyung walked around to the back of the house and saw Heechul slowly walking along the beach.

          Quickly, Hankyung hurried down the beach and stopped several feet behind the raven haired man. “Heechul,” he stated.

          He watched as Heechul turned around, dropped his jaw, and widened his eyes when he saw Hankyung smiling at him. “Hankyung?” Heechul whispered. The blonde nodded as he slowly approached his brother.

          Heechul looked up at Hankyung as the blonde gently placed his fingers on Heechul’s face before leaning down to kiss his lips. The raven haired man felt his body tremble as he wrapped his arms around Hankyung and kissed him harder. Hankyung held Heechul close to him as they both began to silently cry. “I missed you,” Hankyung muttered as he leaned his head against Heechul’s.

          “I missed you too, I missed you so much,” the raven haired man echoed as he buried his face in his brother’s shoulder. “I never thought I’d see you again.”

          “I’ve thought about you every day for the past fifteen years,” Hankyung replied before kissing his brother’s lips again.

          Heechul the back of his hand over Hankyung’s face and showed him the gold ring that was still on his finger. “I haven’t taken the ring you gave me off in fifteen years,” he informed.

          “Me neither,” Hankyung agreed.

          “I still want you Hankyung, I still wanna be with you,” Heechul cried as he leaned his head against his brother’s chest.

          The blonde hugged his brother close before saying “I wanna be with you too.”

          Heechul took Hankyung’s hand and led him into his house and up to his bedroom. Hankyung felt his heart pound; it’d been fifteen years since he had seen or been with Heechul, and he was ready to hold him in his arms again.

          As the two men kissed, they began to take off one another’s clothes. Heechul noticed that there were several scars and bruises on Hankyung’s back and chest. “What happened to you?” he asked, gently touching his brother’s wounds.

          “Some of the prisoners didn’t take a liking to me being in love with my brother, so they decided to show me just how much they hated me,” Hankyung quietly explained.

          Heechul wrapped his arms around Hankyung’s torso and kissed his lips. “I’m sorry they hurt you,” he whispered before pressing his lips against Hankyung’s neck.

          “Hey, hey look at me,” Hankyung requested as he gently put a hand under Heechul’s chin. “I’m with you now, so none of these marks matter to me. I care about being with you, and I’m sorry that I wasn’t here to protect you like I promised. But I want you to know that I’ve never stopped loving you.” The blonde ran his hands through Heechul’s hair as he laid his brother down on the bed. “I wanna be with you forever, I want us to get married, have a life together, maybe adopt some children, travel the world, do whatever we want, and nobody is going to stop us.”

          “I love you Hankyung, I love you with all my heart,” Heechul cried as he pulled his brother’s body closer to him and wrapped his legs around his waist.

          “I love you too Heechul, I’ve always loved you,” Hankyung responded, kissing his lips again and running his fingers gently up Heechul’s back before removing the rest of his clothing.

          The two brothers had been through so much in their relationship that it was strange to think the taboo attraction between the two started when they were both fifteen. They’d kept their love a secret, run away together, spent many years apart from one another, but it still didn’t keep them from being madly in love with one another. Even if they world rejected them, as long as they had one another, Heechul and Hankyung were satisfied with life.