Puppy Love | 5

Puppy Love

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

”I CAN’T LIVE LIKE THIS!” Kyungsoo screamed into his phone and the alarmingly loud buzzing of his voice forced Chanyeol to temporary remove the device from his ear altogether. It was nearing the third night after Jongin’s transformation and Kyungsoo had seemingly reached what could be summed up as a minor nervous breakdown.

 

”SINCE WHEN DID MY LIFE INCLUDE POTTY TRAINING A TEENAGER WITH A BIGGER THAN MINE!?”

 

Okay, skip the minor part.

 

Chanyeol had to bite his tongue to not die laughing and took a big breath before starting the second round of calming Kyungsoo into kind of accepting life. Apparently his friend had woken up to find a very shameful Jongin along with a drenched doormat.

 

”Well try to look at the bright side Kyungsoo, you get funny stories to tell your grandkids! Besides, since when have you been hateful towards big ?”

 

”DO YOU WANT ME TO ING STRANGLE YOU!?”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help the laugh that escaped his lips because let’s be honest, it was too funny on all levels. He should have kept his mouth shut though as his strangled giggles set Kyungsoo off on a rant longer than the bible.

 

”YOU SHUT THE UP THIS ISN’T FUNNY! YESTERDAY HE WAS GOING NUTS AT HIS OWN REFLECTION AND WAS GOING TO ”PROTECT” ME FROM IT AND BEFORE THAT HE ONCE AGAIN REFUSED TO HAVE CLOTHES AND EVEN GROWLED AT ME! LIKE WHO DOES HE EVEN THINK HE IS I ING FEED HIM FOR GOD’S SAKE AND TODAY HE HAS BEEN OVER HYPER AND THOUGHT WE WERE PLAYING CATCH WHEN I TRIED TO DRESS HIM AND FOR THE LAST TWO ING HOURS HE’S BEEN RUNNING AROUND THE WHOLE APARTMENT PLAYING WITH A BOUNCING BALL AND NEARLY BROKE ANOTHER VASE AND WHEN I TOLD HIM TO CALM DOWN HE JUMPED ME AND PINNED ME DOWN AND MY FACE!”

 

Chanyeol did try his hardest (not really) but his laugh and thigh-smacking game was perhaps as strong as Kyungsoo’s vocal chords. The picture flashing by in his head was true comedy and he instantly was struck by a dire need to see it all live in front of him. He soon calmed himself and cleared his throat.

 

”Okay Kyungsoo, I’ll come over and help you, how about that?”

 

Kyungsoo, for the first time during the whole hour long conversation, became silent. But with an exhausted sigh he agreed, Jongin was too much for him to handle.

 












 

 

A mere hour later there was a loud knocking on the door. Jongin, who had temporarily collapsed onto the living room rug, instant shot up like a spear and bolted towards the door. Kyungsoo mumbled a quiet prayer as he followed the younger out to the hall. He made the pup back off before he swung the door open. Chanyeol was smiling from ear to ear as he stomped inside followed by a young man Kyungsoo had never seen before. His frame was delicate and eyes a hint tilted.

 

”Y-You didn’t say you were bringing someone.” 

 

Kyungsoo was feeling panic rise within him. Jongin was anything but presentable to the common people. He cursed God and promised himself to never pray again, similar to Jongin God seemed to enjoy serving unpleasant surprises at his doormat.

 

Chanyeol raised one of his large hands and swatted it nonchalantly. ”Oh don’t worry about him. I couldn’t possibly leave him alone at home considering what happened the last time.” The taller suddenly looked awfully tired just reminiscing it all. He turned to the unfamiliar male with a stern expression. 

 

”Baekhyun, behave now okay?”

 

The shorter Baekhyun rolled his eyes and confidently walked passed the three males in the hall into the small apartment. Jongin, who was standing a few feet away watching the newcomers, suddenly became tense. He glared at Baekhyun and sniffed the air when the said male walked by. With a twitch around his eye followed the confident stranger into the living room. 

 

”Chanyeol who the HELL is he?”

 

Kyungsoo’s strangled whispers weren’t really as silent as he had hoped but he was getting beyond angry again. Chanyeol awkwardly began scratching the nape of his neck.

 

Well…” 

 

He hesitantly began but soon both of them were startled by loud noises coming from the living room. Exchanging horrid gazes they quickly barged into the next room only to spot Jongin pinning Baekhyun down into the carpet with little mercy. Both were growling with their pearly white flashing. 

 

It was a circus for sure.

 

Chanyeol were quick on his feet and instantly grabbed Jongin and tore him off the fragile looking guy below. Kyungsoo could only stare as the wrestling match between the tall towers began, but lucky for Baekhyun Chanyeol’s height and long arms were a clear advantage in disarming the raging pup. Jongin kept growling as Chanyeol pushed him up against the wall. Baekhyun, who stood up on shaky legs, was just about take his revenge on the tanned teen when he was stopped by Chanyeol’s warning voice.

 

”Baek, STAY.”

 

Baekhyun immediately looked awfully disappointed but halted in his steps. Kyungsoo watched it all with wide eyes. What the pretty was happening? His shaken musings were interrupted though as Chanyeol’s booming voice came with another order.

 

”Kyungsoo-yah, get over here and calm him down! You’re his owner!

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more and he instantly threw a panic gaze over at Baekhyun to read whether he had heard Chanyeol’s very doubtful choice of words. To both his surprise and utter relief the latter seemed unaffected by it all and Kyungsoo hastily made his way over to the two towers still tugging at each other.

 

”Jongin-ah you listen to me!” Kyungsoo raised his finger as his forehead creased, but his usual techniques didn’t seem to have any effect at all. 

 

”Try harder!” Chanyeol’s voice was restrained and shimmers of sweat were visible in his forehead. The energetic Jongin seemed to have no plans on giving up though.

 

”JONGIN LOOK AT ME!”

 

Still, there were no sighs from the wild younger and Kyungsoo felt annoyance coarse through him. He pushed away Chanyeol (who seemed relieved to be getting a pause) and grabbed the pup’s nape harshly like he always did whenever Jongin was misbehaving as a dog.

 

”BAD DOG JONGIN!” He roared and the younger’s startled gaze shifted to his eyes and he instantly shrunk in shame. ”WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?”

 

Jongin lowered his head as Kyungsoo proceeded to scold him into bits. Soon enough the circus reached a natural end as the four males sat down in pairs at each side of the coffee table.

 

Jongin held onto possessively onto Kyungsoo as he kept glaring at Baekhyun who was sitting with crossed arms and nose up in the air. Chanyeol was still somewhat out of breath and leaned back against the couch with an exhausted sigh.

 

”I don’t mean to sound rude but — Baekhyun, right? Um… Who the hell are you?”

 

Kyungsoo’s frown was deep and he felt too out of it to beat around the bush, nothing was normal anymore anyway. To hell with politeness!

 

Baekhyun threw him an patronizing gaze before snorting nonchalantly. Jongin flinched and Kyungsoo could hear the low rumbling growl escalating from the low of his throat. Chanyeol examined his short companion for a drifting moment before sighing yet again.

 

”Baek is… Well…”

 

”Just spill it!”

 

Chanyeol soothed a hand through his hair before finally sighing for the third time. ”Remember I told you that Jongin was part of the second try-out, right? Well, Baekhyun is the first one.”

 

Kyungsoo’s head tilted for a brief second in pure diffusion before the realization finally hit. His eyes widened to max and with a wicked gaze drilled holes into the feisty male.

 

”Y-You mean that he was a dog?”

 

Chanyeol nodded. ”Yeah, he is the same as Jongin or well, he has obviously adapted for a much longer period of time. Right Baek? Show them what a well behaved boy you can be!”

 

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol before shaking his head violently. Chanyeol frowned and straightened his posture. ”Baekhyunnie, that is an order.”

 

”No!”

 

Chanyeol sighed and turned to Kyungsoo with an apologetic smile. ”He didn’t quite woke up at the sunny side today.” 

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were etched on the ”first try-out” as he was dying to know just how well they could function as people and not dogs. If they remained in the nowhere land in between Kyungsoo knew he wouldn’t be able to handle it for too long.

 

”I’ll let you bathe in the bathtub tonight! How about that?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows and began his broad hand along Baekhyun’s back. The shorter male’s expression changed drastically both due to the offer and physical affection. He let out a soft sigh and nodded.

 

”Fine. What do you want me to do?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in anticipation, he was too focused on the chestnut haired male to notice the way Jongin’s expression darkened. He looked awfully sullen as his gaze shifted between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

 

”Tell us about yourself?” Chanyeol’s hand was still working up along his spine but now in a slower manner. Baekhyun nodded before drawing a big breath.

 

”Well, my name is Baekhyun and I like meat and swimming. I can run really quickly and I hate it when Chanyeol leaves the house.”

 

Surprised Chanyeol chuckled. ”Why do you hate it when I leave?”

 

”Because it’s boring and lonely. TV is nice but not as nice as you.”

 

Chanyeol, who’s eyes had been sparkling ever since the moment Baekhyun opened his mouth, now couldn’t keep himself from wrapping his long arms around Baekhyun while showering him with compliments. Baekhyun’s expression instantly went back to troubled and annoyed and as on autopilot he tried to squirm away.

 

Kyungsoo watched the two intensely and couldn’t help but to be utterly intrigued in knowing more about Baekhyun. He would have never guessed that the boy once had gone through the same transition as Jongin. He was very much different from his own pup. Jongin would never back down when offered a cuddle, not in a hundred years.

 

”How do you feel about being human Baekhyun? If you down mind me asking.”

 

Baekhyun stopped struggling to get away from Chanyeol’s grabby hands and settled down to think. He hummed soundly and Chanyeol’s smile instantly stretched wider.

 

”I don’t know.”

 

Kyungsoo was just about to ask another question when he felt Jongin’s grip around his waist get increasingly tighter. He turned to meet the pup’s gaze only to realize the younger was frowning harshly yet again. Jongin’s dark brown eyes were staring straight into his in a silent pleading Kyungsoo had never seen before.

 

”What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked with a small voice but Jongin remained forever quiet. 

 

”Hey, what’s wrong?” He repeated and now everyones attention was turned to Jongin. Chanyeol blinked but Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

”He is jealous.” 

 

Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun with a frown. ”Jealous? Jealous of what?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes traveled over to Jongin again before smirking. ”Of me.”

 

Kyungsoo turned back to Jongin again as he could hear his murmuring growls build. Jongin was still frowning but had his eyes set at the other once more. The two humans could sense tension building up again and decided to break it up before it turned into a second round of the hell from earlier. 

 

Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hand as reassurance on their way to the hallway and Kyungsoo made Jongin sit and wait on the couch until he returned. The tall lanky male helped Baekhyun tie his shoes and in a whim he looked awfully a lot like a father, but the heartwarming image was all broken when Baekhyun out of the blue decided to Chanyeol’s cheek. Instead of sharing Kyungsoo’s reaction of instant horror Chanyeol’s face beamed with delight. He let his fingertips gently scratch the shorter’s neck while cooing and thanking him for such a warm gesture.

 

Kyungsoo had to clear his throat to break the series of affection and Baekhyun immediately went from smiling shyly to looking pissed off, he sure had a ty day. 

 

”So what the bloody hell was this all about Chanyeol? You said you were going to help me out but it’s not like we got anything done!”

 

Chanyeol straightened his posture from having leaned down for Baekhyun’s reach with a peculiar smile plastered to his face. He turned to Kyungsoo and held him in his eyes for a while before chuckling. 

 

”We did a lot today my friend. We just planted the biggest seed ever thanks to this fellow here!” He gestured towards Baekhyun. ”Just be patient! Trust me when I say this, Baekhyun was even worse than Jongin in the beginning.”

 

”Yeah right!” The said male huffed ironically, seemingly offended. Chanyeol immediately turned around to cover up for the damaged already created and like that the two of them left.

 

Kyungsoo let out a long sigh before returning to the living room only to have Jongin nowhere to be seen. Instantly panic struck him and in a loud voice he began calling for the younger. It was when he rounded the corner to his bedroom that he finally spotted the pup.

 

”There you are, didn’t I tell you — What are you doing?

 

Jongin was standing in front of Kyungsoo’s wide-open wardrobe completely surrounded by soft clothes scattered all around. One of his long legs where shoved into a pair of Kyungsoo’s jeans which were considerably too small for him and therefore only being able to pulled up to his lower thigh. He looked a bit shameful standing there and even more so when Kyungsoo’s exhausted sighing filled the air.

 

”What have gotten into you?” The smaller approached Jongin as he tried to put together what was going on. He began picking up some of the clothes and while putting them back into the racks he sighed long over and over again. He turned around and scanned the pup who still hadn’t moved and inch. Something was indeed different.

 

 ”Why do you want to wear pants all of a sudden?”

 

Jongin’s gaze met his for a long while before admitting something that had been lingering within him for a long time coming. 

 

”For Kyungsoo.”