Curiosity and Jealousy

Love, Pastry and a Lonely Girl

 

He watched him from the kitchen as he poured the carrot juice he just made into two cups.  The boy in the living room hugged his huge teddy bear as he was watching the television and from the back Park Jung Min could tell that he wasn’t really watching it as he kept on sighing.  Putting the empty blender into the sink, he grabbed the two cups and carried them to the living room.

 

“Here…” he said as he gave a cup to Kyu Jong.

 

“Huh…oh, komawo Jung Min ah…” thanked Kyu Jong, a little surprised by the act, taking the cup of carrot juice from Jung Min.

 

As he seated beside Kyu Jong, he looked at him, “So, what’s with the sighing?”

 

Kyu Jong choked on the drink as he heard the question.  Coughing a bit to clear the painful feeling in his throat due to choking, he stared at Jung Min, “You knew?”

 

Jung Min smirked as he patted the back of his friend, café partner and housemate a little.  “You okay now?  Of course I knew Kyu ah.”

 

“Ah..kwencana,” Kyu Jong assured him as he cleared his throat and sit up straight again, taking another sip of the juice.

 

“So?” Jung Min asked again, “It’s about the boy you can’t find after 3 days of trying?  Why do you even bother to find him, Kyu Jong ah?”

 

Kyu Jong stared at him in disbelief.  “But, you are the one who told me to find him if I feel intrigued about him.”

 

Jung Min scratched his non itchy head and sighed, “Kyu Jong ah, I only encouraged you to find him…but not for you to make it your mission to do so.  If you can’t find him, then just let it be.  Stop being so serious about it.”

 

He saw how Kyu Jong’s eyes dropped as he rested his chin on the head of the big teddy bear he got from him when Jung Min won it on their café’s family day trip to Everland with their two other employees, Ja In and Seung Hyun last year.

 

“I know.  But…there’s just something about him that I can’t just let go.  I’ll give one more try today since it’s our café’s off day.  If I still can’t meet him again, I’ll let it go,” Kyu Jong stated in a low but hopeful voice as he shifted his gaze towards him.

 

Seeing him like that, Jung Min gave up.  ‘If he felt that strong about the boy, I hope he’ll be able to see him and bring him to Pastry 4 U as I am positive it would give an impact to the café and him.  Kyu Jong’s sense is just out of this world.  Of course, he chose me,’ Jung Min thought, smirking at the his last thought.

 

“Why are you smiling like that?”

 

Jung Min snapped out of his thought and ignored the question, sipping to his favourite drink, carrot juice.  And then he remembered something.

 

“He’s good with the 2ne1 girls, right?” he asked Kyu Jong.

 

Kyu Jong eyed him curiously, “I think so, as I saw one of the girls kiss his cheek.”

 

Jung Min pouted, “Which one?”

 

“The one with long hair.  Wae?”

 

‘Aissh…this guy.  There are 2 of the girls that has long hair.  Can’t he just remember their names?  I kept talking about the girls to him everytime they are on television,’ Jung Min frowned.

 

He held his two fingers up, his forefinger and middle finger.  “There are two of them with long hairs.  Which one?  CL or Bom?”

 

Kyu Jong looked at him with confused look pasted on his face.  Later he shook his head, “I don’t remember which is which.”

 

Frustrated with the answer, Jung Min gritted his teeth, “I have their poster in my room.  Go in there and identify which one.”

 

“Do I have to?” Kyu Jong looked at him questioningly before looking to the direction of his room, “I’m tired.”

 

“Yah!  You have been sitting there since we finished our breakfast, and you are tired?” Jung Min snapped, disbelieved by Kyu Jong’s remark.  “Fine, you don’t have to go there.  I have their pictures in my phone.”

 

Kyu Jong sent him his sweet, winning smile.  He sighed, defeated.  Scrolling into his gallery folder, he stopped at a picture of a full view of all four members of 2ne1.  Showing it to Kyu Jong, he told him their names, especially the two said girls.

 

“So?  Which one?” he waited for Kyu’s answer as the other stared at the picture in his phone.

 

Pointing to one of the girls, Jung Min lost it.  “Kim Kyu Jong!  Do you even know the definition of long?  That is shoulder length hair!”

 

“What?  That can be considered long too.   So, what’s her name?” Kyu Jong asked, ignoring his outburst, handing his phone back to him.

 

Shaking his head, he surrendered.  Taking the phone back he looked down at the picture before looking back to his friend.  Seeing his housemate’s curious look, he answered in short, “Park Sandara.”

 

“Ah…” Kyu Jong nodded his head in understanding, “What do you think his work is until he managed to get a kiss from her?”

 

Inside his head, he was glad it was not Park Bom.  His bias in 2ne1 had always been Park Bom.  But he was jealous nonetheless.  Jung Min lifted his shoulders.  He has no idea what the boy’s work was either.  “A despatch maybe?  You said he walked out of the offices with envelopes, right?”

 

Kyu Jong’s face furrowed.  “I don’t think so.  How can he be a despatch by taking the train and for a few offices?  Not to mention only working once every, what, four days or more?”

 

Jung Min nodded.  Kyu Jong had a point.  ‘So, what was his real work then?  And with my idols?’ he asked himself in his head.  “Find him, and we’ll get the answer,” he stated.

 

“In that case, I think I should be going then,” Kyu Jong said, carrying his bear with him towards his own room.

 

Jung Min understood what he meant.  He’s going to search for the boy.