Intrigued

Love, Pastry and a Lonely Girl

“Ah, you’re back,” said the manager of Pastry 4 U, whilst glancing at the watch on his wrist, “not quite the 4 hours I asked you to, but 3 hours is long enough when it comes to you.”

 

He heard him, but he chose to ignore his sarcastic tone as Kyu Jong’s mind was currently occupied with some other matters.  Matters that weren’t in his early premonition that morning would be part of his.  It wasn’t his way to snoop around in other people’s business or being a busy body but that boy…

 

“So what did you do to pass the time?  Where did you go?” asked Park Jung Min, leaning forward towards Kim Kyu Jong when he approached the payment counter where Park Jung Min stood, filling another part of his job at the cafe, as the cashier.

 

The question made him turned his attention to Jung Min as his mind went back in time.  Back to the starting of his meeting with the interesting boy he coincidently met a few hours earlier.

 

“Do you like pastry?  Want to work as a pastier at my café?” he asked the boy he just met.  The words came out of his mouth by their own.  He was surprised too when he heard the words.  He had never done anything like this before, either offering work or starting the conversation first.

 

The boy looked startled by the sudden question from him but he was quick with his answer, “Mianhe, I already have a job.”

 

He was a tad saddened by the answer.  He had hoped for a positive answer as he really wanted to know more about the boy and befriended him.   Before he even opened his mouth to ask for the boy’s name, the boy just bowed politely at him and walked off, leaving him dumbfounded on the street. 

 

Seeing the boy left, he did another unusual thing.  Following and spying on him.  He followed from afar.  Getting on the subway, walking behind the boy and watched.  He kept watching as the boy entered from one building to another building.  Always carrying more envelopes as he got out of the buildings.  It made Kyu Jong curious as to what the boy was doing. 

 

Until it was on the last building, his curiosity grew bigger.  Again, the boy went inside the building through the main entrance but this time around he didn’t come out from the same place.  Kyu Jong would have missed him if it weren’t because of a bicycle that nearly run into him.  It was then he noticed the boy was standing outside of the side entrance of the building, with three girls surrounding him.  One even hugged and kissed him on the cheek before bidding him goodbye.  Kyu Jong stood in awe.  He knew the girls.  He had seen them on television before.  He had seen them on Park Jung Min’s room.  They were the members of 2ne1.  And that was when he lost the boy.

 

“Hello?  Kyu…are you even hearing the questions I’m asking you?  The first time you finally went out, you became like this?  Next time, don’t go out.  Just do what ever you want in the kitchen,” said Jung Min, sighing in defeat.

 

Kyu Jong grabbed hold of Jung Min’s hand in a rush when he heard his friend’s statement. 

 

“No.  I want to go out.  I’ll go out.  See the people.  See the surroundings,” he blurted out, panic in his voice.

 

Jung Min’s eyes went wide.  Staring straight at him.  Surprised by his sudden outburst. 

 

“You are going to tell me everything.  What exactly happened?” threatened Jung Min, his eyes boring deep into Kyu Jong’s.  Seeing and hearing Jung Min’s words, Kyu Jong gulped.

 

‘Oh no, he’s going to kill me for doing something like this,’ thought Kyu Jong as he took his time to tell his little adventure tale to the glaring manager.