I can't believe he did that!

Love, Pastry and a Lonely Girl

She entered her room and set all her things on her study table, including the bag of cookies she received earlier the day before plopped down on her bed. Looking at it for what seemed a few minutes, she finally picked it up. Opening it for the first time, the wonderful sweet smell of the cookies filled up her nostrils.

 

"Emmm...the cookies' scent smelled delicious," she mumbled to herself whilst picking up one of it. Nibbled the edge of the cookie in her hand, her eyes widened.

 

"This is shockingly delicious. I have never tasted anything like this before."  And before long she had already on her fifth cookie.  It was then when her phone rang.  Shoving the whole cookie inside , she glanced over to the screen of her mobile phone.  Seeing the name appeared, she smiled and quickly answered it even with full.

 

"Obsoyo..."

 

"Ya...Is that how you should answer the phone?  With your mouth full?  What are you eating anyway?  Is it those cookies?  Why didn't you tell me about him?" the person on the other side of the call complaint and directed question after question at her.  The last two questions startled her a bit, but knowing nothing is a secret regarding her, she sighed in defeat.

 

Swallowing the cookie as fast as she can and cleared , she answered back, "Nice to hear from you too, my dear best friend.  Let me guess, Hyun Joong oppa told you about the incident earlier?"

 

"Of course!  I hate it when he got hold of the news first.  He would always rubbed it off on me."

 

"Well, you do that to him all time."

 

"Of course.  I'm your best friend and he is my hyung.  As a younger brother, it is my job to annoy him like that," her best friend said, giggling at the end of the sentence, "well, aren't you going to tell me about it?  I'd rather hear it from you."

 

Yun Jin sighed again, "Fine.  I'll give you the shortest version."

 

"Wait...why?  I want to know everything."

 

"Ya! Kim Hyung Jun! It's already eight at night and you know what I always do around this time, right?" she said, getting impatient, "Do you want to hear it or not?" she firmly asked.

 

She heard a sigh and imagined her best frined pouting on the other side before hearing a gruffily 'yes'. 

 

"This guy came to see me, thinking i'm a boy and asked me to be his, what was the word again..." she dragged off, thinking of the term the man used about the work he proposed to her.

 

"Pastier...pastier."

 

"Yeah right...that job.  But I declined and told him off.  Telling him I'm a girl instead.  I thought he was gay.  Later he came over to YG with his friend to look for me and coincidently we met again at the lobby.  With your brother, Top oppa, GD oppa and Dara unnie.  Talk about bad timing!"

 

Her mind travelled back to the setting and it made her shudder.  "Ugh...it was a real awkward meeting."

 

"So, that was what really happened.  Hyung just said that some guy gave you cookies and proposed to you!  It freaked me out!  Only later he told me that the proposal was to be a pastier trainee.  I really felt like killing him at that time."

 

"Well...I'm not going to be one."

 

"Good to hear about that.  So, we still on for tomorrow night?  Our movie marathon?  I don't have any schedule."

 

"Sure, why not.  I'll pick up the movies.  Horror or science-fiction?" she asked while taking out another cookie from the bag.

 

"Your choice.  Yun Jin ah... I got to go.  See you tomorrow.  Bye."

 

Before she could say anything in response, the beeping sound was heard.  She tossed her phone on her pillow and took a bite of the cookie.  Crunching away, her bedroom door squeaked open a little and a knock was heard.

 

"Yun Jin ah...can I come in?"

 

Hearing the voice, she quickly slide down from her bed and went staright to the door, opeing it wide and hug the person.

 

"Oppa...I miss you!"

 

He chuckled and hugged her back, "Aigoo...dongsaeng ah, you miss oppa so much eh?"

 

"Of course oppa, it has been a week already!"

 

"Arasso...so, can I come in?"

 

She let go and nodded, pulling her brother inside her bedroom and sat him on her bed, shoving him the bag of cookies.  "This is good oppa.  Try them."

 

Sitting down beside him, she smiled when her brother took a bite of the cookies.  "Right?  It's really delicious, right?"

 

She smiled seeing him nod his head to her, "So, I made the right decision after all."

 

Blinking her eyes confusingly at her brother, she felt a tug in her heart.  Something felt out of the ordinary.  It felt weird.  "What do you mean oppa?"

 

"Hyun Joong hyung told me everything about today."

 

"I already know about that.  There's no secret between you and him," she said sarcastically.   

 

"It's not like that.  He's concern about you."

 

She kept her silent.  She knew there would be something more coming from him.

 

"So, I went to meet them earlier, and you would start your training tomorrow morning at 7.  Here's their address," her brother said, getting up, dropped a note on her lap and nestled her hair before letting himself out in a hurry.

 

It took her sometime to digest what her brother had done.  "OPPA!  WHAT DID YOU DO???  YONG SAENG OPPA!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

 

"I can't believe you did that!  You'll be the death of me..." she grumbled, lying down on her back frustratingly.