Hide or Confront?

Love, Pastry and a Lonely Girl

A/N:  In this chapter there will a parallel story going on.  So, the one in italic and purple color fonts is the other story from the other partner's POV.  I hope it is not going to be too confusing for you guys.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"JUNG MIN-ah....."

 

Hearing the loud roar, Jung Min snapped out from his focus of watching the new DVD movie and hurriedly averted his gaze towards the entrance of the door, shocked to see his room mate rushing towards him.  He was about to open his mouth to ask what was the matter when Kyu Jong wrapped his arms around Jung Min's neck from the back of the couch and snuggled his face on his shoulder.

 

"Wow...what the hell is wrong with you?" he asked, confused and startled by the sudden act from his room mate and best friend.

 

Kyu Jong whined and shook his head.  His face still rested on Jung Min's shoulder.  Kyu Jong's action set an alarm in Jung Min's head.  Kyu Jong has never acted like this before in his life.  Not ever in front of him.  It's somewhat seemed like Kyu Jong was in utter despair.

 

Jung Min raised his hand and patted lightly Kyu Jong’s head, “Tell me what’s wrong.  I’ll make them right again.”

 

She walked past the reception counter and gave a motion with her forefinger pointing up, smiling at the girl behind the counter as the receptionist nodded and giggled with the other receptionists.  The staff elevator opened just as she pushed the UP button and stepped in. 

 

The elevator door opened as it reached the second floor where the cafeteria are, 5 levels short to her destination.  She moved aside a bit, giving way if anyone were to come in.  But what surprised her was that the one waiting at the other side of the door was none other than Park Sandara and G Dragon, his hand wrapped around Sandara’s shoulder and he was whispering to her ear.

 

“Sandara noona…, G Dragon hyung,” she quickly uttered out, bowing a little in respect of the two.

 

As she bowed, she felt a pair of hands enveloped her body and on her cheek, a wet peck was felt.  She smirked, knowing who it was.  Lifting her head, she smiled as she stared into the brown pair of glinting eyes in front of her.

“Aisshh…stop calling me noona when it’s just between us.”

 

“And don’t call me hyung.  It’s weird, coming from a girl like you,” G Dragon mentioned, eyeing her from the side.

 

Before she managed to say anything else, she felt her left hand being tugged. 

 

“Aigoo…what is this?  This smells so nice.  Is it for unnie?”

 

She shook her head; her smile faded a bit, replaced by a frown.

 

“Someone gave it to me earlier,” she stated, shoving it to Sandara, “you can have it if you want.  I think its chocolate cookies.”

 

Sandara exchanged glances with G Dragon.  She noticed it as they are not being too invincible about it.

 

She sighed.  She knew what the exchange of glances meant.  Knowing that they would continue asking her regarding it, she voluntarily explained, “It’s from a man.  This weird, weird man,” she paused for a while, eyeing at the two.  They were obviously stunned by her words.  Suppressing the chuckle she felt were coming out seeing the couple’s reaction, she continued, “He thought that I’m a boy.  He offered me this,” shaking the paper bag with cookies, “in hope that I’ll be his apprentice. So, I told him I’m a girl.”

 

Ting.  Level 7.

 

“So, you’re telling me that he is actually a she?” Jung Min asked, scepticism clearly heard in his voice, along with his half squinted eyes looking at Kyu Jong sitting beside him.

 

“How can that even be possible?  Are you sure about this, Kyu Jong ah?” Jung Min asked, trying to get the real story when Kyu Jong didn’t say anything to his first question.

Kyu Jong sighed and gave a weak nod.  “He…I mean, she told me herself.  I was so shocked and embarrassed; I just left her and came back.”

 

Kyu Jong shifted his position and faced Jung Min, “I’m a bad guy, aren’t I?  I just walked off…no, made that ran off just like that.”

 

Whatever Kyu Jong had just said was shut out by Jung Min.  He was still on the news of Kyu Jong mistaken a girl as a boy. 

 

“Wait…go back.  She told you she’s a girl?  How was it even possible for you to mistaken her as a boy?  I’m still stuck at that revelation,” Jung Min asked, steadying his head on his hand that rested at the back of the couch, eyeing Kyu Jong, disbelieve.

 

Massaging the back of his neck, Kyu Jong tilted his head to the side, eyes away from Jung Min as he felt embarrassed still, by the scenario.  “I don’t know.  She has short hair, wear snickers, t-shirts and jeans, and no make-up.  I just thought that she is one of those flower boys type.  How’d I know that she is really a girl?”

 

Jung Min smacked his forehead.  “That is why I kept telling you to mingle around.  See?  You can’t even differentiate between a girl and a boy.”

 

“I know…I just feel like wanting to hid myself in a faraway cave right now and never go out into the open anymore.”

 

“Oh, no you don’t!  Get up!  We are going to find that girl and you’re going to apologize to her.  The worst thing for a girl is when someone mistaken them as a boy,” ordered Jung Min as he stood and pulled Kyu Jong to his feet, even though the latter boy seemed really against the idea.  His eyes wide with dread due to the idea.

 

“Jung Min ah…do we really have to?  She’s probably not there anymore,” whined Kyu Jong as he slowly got up by the pulling force from Jung Min.

 

“We search for her first,” stressed Jung Min, now pushing Kyu Jong out of the house.

 

Sandara Park pulled her aside, blocking her from entering the CEO’s office.

 

“What do you mean you told him you’re a girl?” fretted Sandara, squeezing  G Dragon’s hand.

 

G Dragon looked concerned as well, “I thought the whole idea of you acting like a boy is to push away the male population away from you.  And how did this guy even know where you are?”

 

The question made her think.  She wasn’t sure as well.  Trying to remember what the man said to her earlier, she scrunched her nose and frowned.

 

“He did say that we have met before and he already asked me once to be a cook, I think, at his shop,” she answered, uncertain, “but, I don’t remember it at all.”

 

“Yaaa!” Sandara hollered.  “Ji, someone is stalking her.  We have to tell her brother about this,” Park Sandara fretted, staring at G Dragon, swinging their intertwined hands frantically.

 

Hearing the statement alarmed her.  She lunged forward to Sandara and hugged her. 

 

“Unnie…no. No. No. No.  Don’t say anything to my brother.  He won’t let me out of the house anymore if you say something like this to him.”

 

Sandara hugged her back over the backpack behind her, confronting her, “But…what if this man did something to you when you are alone?  Maybe he just wanted to make sure of your gender thus he acted assuming you are a boy?  I’m worried for you, Yun Jin ah.”

 

She pulled back and turned her sight to G Dragon, “Oppa, please comfort your girlfriend and convince her that I can take care of myself?”

Sandara hit her arm, “Stop ignoring my presence.  I’m here.  Tell me yourself.  Why are you going around Ji to convey your message?”

 

That made her chuckled.  “So, we are cool with this right?  You won’t say anything to my brother?”

 

“Don’t say what to your brother?  Huh, Yun Ji?” 

 

A stern voice from the entrance door side startled the three of them.