Found You!

Love, Pastry and a Lonely Girl

 

He took with him some strawberry jam filling cookie he made yesterday night, another new recipe he whipped up, and dashed out of the house, leaving Park Jung Min alone in the house, watching the new DVD movie he just bought.  His destination, the trading company in Hapjeong area, which was only 4 stations away, using the line 2 subway, from his apartment in Ahyeon.

 

He stood a few meters away from the company upon his arrival at the targeted place.  His eyes straight at the entrance door, looking for the figure he’s searching for.  In his mind, he’s been calculating the method to find her. 

 

‘In Hapjeong area there are two companies that he went.  The trading company here and the YG Entertainment company, two blocks from here.  If I wait here the entire time, I would probably miss him if he went to the other place and not here.  Argghhh…this is so frustrating!’ he thought, gritting his teeth.

 

He glanced at the little paper bag in his hand that contained the cookies he took with him.  “I hope you’ll like this.  If you don’t want to be a pastier, it’s okay.  I just want to be friends with you.  That would be okay, right?” he said it aloud as he raised the paper bag to his face level, earning weird looks from the school girls walking by him.

 

“He’s good looking but a pity that he’s weird.  Talking to a paper bag.”

 

Kyu Jong turned his head to the voice and then to his surroundings.  There was only him there and the girls were laughing while looking at his direction.  Knowing it was him they talked about, he quickly put down his hand and turned around, hiding his red embarrassed face.  ‘Aishhh…talking to my self again,’ he thought, smiling a little at his own mistake.

 

35 minutes past.  He walked back and forth the block with the entrance still in sight just to kill time waiting there.  He looked at his watch again, 36 minutes.  ‘Maybe I should head to the other place?  I could probably go back and forth from each company every 30 minutes?  Using the same road he used during that day.  I probably could bump into him,’  the idea came to his mind.

 

Determined to carry out his plan, he started walking towards YG Entertainment.  Retracing the steps when he followed the boy.  He walked as he swings the paper bag, smiling, being in a positive spirit that he would be able to see the boy again.  As he had promised himself that today would be the last.  The last day that he would try to find him.  As he was walking past a small park, he abruptly stopped.  He felt something. 

 

He was unsure what he felt but he was sure something tugged his instinct.  Looking around his surroundings as he scanned them intently, he finally spotted a figure under a tree at the park. 

 

‘Could that be him?’

 

Slowly, he made his way towards the figure, hoping that it would be the one he was searching for.  Nearing the back of the figure, he walked swiftly to the side, to catch a glimpse of the person’s face.  He smiled. 

 

‘It’s really him.  What is he doing?  Composing a song?’ he asked to himself as he watched the boy listening to his ipod and writing something on a book.

 

Staring at the boy, he rubbed the back of his neck, 'How should I approach him?  Should I just go straight to him?  Or wait until he notice me?'

 

Walking towards him, past him and turned back to where his starting spot was, he hoped the boy would notice him but his action was not getting the result he wanted.  The boy was totally oblivious of him.  After doing the same action twice and still not getting the response he hoped for, Kyu Jong gave up and slowly but cautiously approached the boy.  He stood in front of him, thinking hard the best way to ignite the conversation with the boy.  He probably stood too long and was shocked to see the boy's head shot up, looking at him curiously.

 

"Yes?  May I help you?"

 

Kyu Jong heard the question asked by the boy, but he was too shocked to answer back.  Instead, he shoved the paper bag to him.

 

"For you."

 

The boy frowned.  "What is this?  Who are you?"

 

'Eh?  He didn't recognize me?'  he thought, shocked.

 

"Emm...I offered you a job as a pastier?  3 days ago?  At Sinchon?" Kyu Jong spoke, trying to make the boy remember him.  The boy just stared at him.  Confused lines clearly visible on his forehead.

 

Kyu Jong rubbed the back of his neck.  Embarrassed.  The boy doesn't seemed to remember him.  

 

"Ah...well, if you don't remember me, that's okay. Emmm...this is for you.  They are cookies from my little cafe.  Aaaaa....emmm....well, sorry for disturbing you.  I'll be going now," Kyu Jong said, feeling really embarrassed as he quickly put the paper bag at the boy's side and prepare to leave at the instance.

 

"Chakkaman...ajusshi."

 

He stopped walking when he heard the boy called out to him.  Kyu Jong turned to face the boy.  "De?"

 

The boy stood up and took the paper bag with him, "Here.  Take it back.  I don't think I can accept this."

 

"Eh?  But it's for you.  I have been searching for you for the past 3 days.  Wanting to give you a taste of what we serve in the cafe.  Hoping you'll change your mind," Kyu Jong pushed the bag back to the boy.

 

The boy looked shock.  "You've been searching for me for three days?  Wae?"

 

Kyu Jong scowled.  He had made a mistake.  Now the boy would think he's a stalker and would never give the idea a second chance.  "Ani...I'm not a stalker.  It's just that, when we first met, I have this instinct that you would be a great pastier.  That's all."

 

"Ajusshi, I'm not a good cook.  And I already have a job."

 

"Err...I know.  You've told me.  But, maybe, if you just taste the pastry we made, you'll tend to like it and maybe do part-time as a pastier at our place?"  Kyu Jong tried explaining himself again and at the same time tried his chance with the boy.

 

The boy just looked at the paper bag and looked up at him again, "Wae?  Why me?"

 

"I don't know.  I just have the felling.  But it's okay if you don't want to.  The cookies are still yours.  Please enjoy it.  Don't worry.  I didn't put anything weird in it."

 

The boy clenched his jaw, "If I take this, you will not try to find me again?  You'll leave me alone?"

 

Kyu Jong didn't know what to answer back.  He didn't want to agree with the condition.  He wanted to know more about the boy.  He wanted them to be friends.

 

"About that, well...I won't bother you to be a pastier anymore but..." he glanced at the boy cautiously, afraid to utter what he really wanted.

 

The boy waited for him to continue his sentence.  "But?"

 

Gulping and taking a long breath, he finally said it, "Could we be friends?"

 

The boy took a step back.  "Wait a minute.  Now you want to be friends?  You better stay away from me, ajusshi.  Or I would scream and call out for help."

 

Kyu Jong was taken aback.  'Did I do something wrong to offend him?  And why does he said those things.  Like a girl?'

 

"I'm not a bad guy.  We can be hyung and dongsaeng.  You can come to the cafe and hang out.  I'll introduce you to my best friend," Kyu Jong tried to calm the boy down.

 

The boy seemed confused and worried.  "Hyung and dongsaeng?  Ajusshi, I'm a girl."