Confession

Scarlet, Sunshine and Muffins
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Who was that? The email?” Mir asked casually.

“You were looking at my email?!” I asked in disbelief.

“I could see you reading your email from here but I can't see the words,” He answered casually.

“Thank God for that. It is my younger sister, she is getting married.”

“That’s great! Congratulations! The wedding. When?”

“December.”

“MBLAQ’s World tour too! You are not helping help her prepare?” Mir tried his best to speak correctly.

“Huh? Well, I don’t really want to go back to my hometown. Please, don’t ask, I’m not ready to share.” I played with the seatbelt strapped hoping to forget things.

“Alright. Sorry.” There was an awkward silence.

“It’s ok.” I looked out to the window and heard James shouted.

“Wow! That’s a huge playground!” I searched for the playground. No kids are at sight. I looked at the time. It’s afternoon, not a good time to play outside, it’s way too hot.

“We have reached!” Mir announced and stopped the car.

I came out from the car and held Sasha’s hand. I know she is not used to crowds especially children.

Mir led us into the building that looks like a cottage. We came into a living room that has a long dining table in the middle. Kids around the age of 4 to 12 years old were sitting down and playing with dough. Everyone looked up and started whispering to each other. Suddenly, many of them started running towards Mir and hugging him.

A middle aged women with a bun, small smiley eyes and thinned lips approached Mir and they started chatting. She glanced at me and the kids now further away to the side as the entire kids crowd around Mir. She smiled and started announcing something to the kids and all of them, many with pouted lips, went back to their seats.

Sasha was holding my hands tightly with sweaty palms. I prayed that she would not start crying. The old lady came nearer to us and shook all of our hands while smiling. She then started talking to the crowd and suddenly all

Please log in to read the full chapter