The Reunion

Scarlet, Sunshine and Muffins
Please log in to read the full chapter

A year later…

“Hyung, I feel like getting a hot drink,” Mir pointed to the café across the street.

His manager nodded and left him for the hotel. Snow continues to fell and he hugged his jacket tighter. He could have a nice bottle of wine back at his room but his throat was begging for caffeine. He crossed the road and ran into the café.

The barista was busy in the kitchen. Since it was late in Paris, Mir doubt he would even serve him. Mir looked around the empty streets and sighed. He pushed the glass door when someone shouted from the kitchen, in French.

“The shop is closed for today…”

“No problem-“Mir glanced at the barista and stood still.

 

There was Scarlet with hair tied to a high ponytail and black rimmed specs. Her apron was wet and she was holding a tablecloth. Black shirt, skinny jeans and snickers; she looked like a student.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mir-eu?” I took a few steps closer but Mir stood dumbfounded.

“Have a seat. I’ll make you a hot drink…” I smiled and went behind the counter.

“It’s okay, you’ve ended work,” Mir stood awkwardly.

“Please, I insist,” I pulled out a chair for him and he sat down.

At this moment, I concluded that the world is small. I dare not say that this is fate but how did he get here in the first place? I moved halfway round the world and we still meet.

I peeped in between the coffee machine and then at my reflection. My hair, my apron, I’m in a mess. My dark circles… Thank God for the glasses. Look at him! He is

Please log in to read the full chapter