Swimming Competition

Scarlet, Sunshine and Muffins
Please log in to read the full chapter

Competition day

I looked myself in the mirror and sighed. I touched my cheeks and my dark circles. I lost weight not from exercising but from starving myself. I lost the will to eat. All I could think about is him and the fact he never calls since that time. It has been a week and knowing him, he would have come begging by now. Maybe he has found a new life, no, he is back to his former life. A life as an idol. I should be proud of him shouldn’t I?

I don’t feel like seeing him again, not after a long time but the kids mean a lot to me. Them sharing their fears and hopes for this competition still vividly playing in my mind. Sasha’s mum called last night telling me that Sasha refused to eat unless she heard that I will be coming from myself.

My heart went weak hearing her soft, almost shrilling voice. She is too dear and pure to be taught the crueilty of life and so I agreed. Dabbing the lipstick on my lips to give it some colour, I looked at myself in the mirror, tried to smile genuinely but failed.

“Mama, unnie promised didn’t her? She will come right?” Lydia smiled while looking at the clock. Competition will start in half an hour but Scarlet is nowhere to be seen.

“Mama? Mir oppa? She will come right?” Lydia and Mir looked at each other, not knowing how to answer.

“I will contact her...” Mir assured Lydia.

“Thank you. I will be here with the kids.” Lydia smiled at Mir gratefully.

I picked up the car keys when I heard the doorbell. Who was it? Mir?

I rushed to the door and opened it.

“I did not ask you...” I stopped halfway when I realised the person standing in front of me.

“Darren?”

“Hello Scarlet. Sorry to come here all rushed and sudden but I’m here to bring you back home.”

“No! I promised to come back in December; I will not go there earlier. I have to go!” I pushed him, closed the door and walked fast to the lift lobby. Pushing the button many times, I was hoping to get away from him. Darren tugged my hand, stopping me from entering the lift.

“Let me go! Did Charlotte asked you to do this? What do you want??” I pulled m

Please log in to read the full chapter