I Really Like You

Ghost Of You

 

 

 

Hi Readers,

Sorry for taking so long to update this story............

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

Jess smiled happily at her before taking a step closer and wrapping her arms tightly around Soo's waist.

 

She rested her head against Soo's chest. She stayed like that for a few seconds before asking. "Soo arn't you going to hug me?"

 

Without saying a word Soo then wrapped her arms around Jess's shoulders and held her tight.

 

After a short time she rested her head on top of Jessica's head. They hugged like this for awhile before Jess felt her hair getting damp.

 

She pulled away from the hug and looked at Soo whose eyes and face were full of tears.

 

"I'm so sorry, you weren't ready to hug me yet were you?" 

 

"No don't be sorry I was ready. It's just I never thought I would enjoy hugging anyone else except Fany but........ I really was enjoying the hug and that upset me cause it feels like I really am moving on from her." Soo explained.

 

"I understand why you feel bad about moving on from her but Soo there's nothing wrong with moving forward with your life. Fany will always remain a part of you even if it's in your past. You have the right to move forward though."

 

"Jess I don't know what it is we have besides you being some stranger I met in the library and now we're friends but it's starting to feel like....... um like.... oh it doesn't matter." 

 

"It's starting to feel like what?" Jess asked.

 

"Like we have ....... um......."

 

"Please Soo tell me what you're thinking. Don't be afraid to tell me what's going through that head of yours. Let's just put our feelings out there, please." Jess pleaded.

 

"It feels like we have something special between us. Like I can't explain exactly what it is but I like you Jess. I really like you um you know."

 

Jessi smiled at her. "Good because I really like you too. I want to keep taking these small steps with you but Soo my feelings for you are well maybe more than what they should be for a friend."

 

"My heart becomes weak around you Jess. I think of you in ways that I probably shouldn't for someone who has recently lost their wife but maybe it would be easier for you to step out of my life now because anything besides friendship with me would be complicated."

 

"Some people are worth spending time with even if it does become complicated. Besides I'm use to you trying to push me away. Why don't you try pulling me close instead of trying to push me away?"

 

Jess looked at her deeply. "What do you really want to do right now. Push me away or pull me close?"

 

Soo looked her in the eye for a few seconds before pulling her in for a long hug. Once they pulled out of the hug.

 

"I really don't want to push you away but sometimes I do it without even realizing that I'm pushing you away." said Soo.

 

"I know but I really want to be here for you, through the good times and the bad times. I know Fany is a part of your past but I want to be a part of your future."

 

"I don't think I'm ready for a girlfriend yet."

 

"That's okay but can't we just hang out like we already have been and if something more happens between us can't we just go with the flow?" Jess asked.

 

What I really feel like doing right now is kissing her, thought Soo. But that would be such a big step and what would it even feel like to kiss someone else besides Fany. She's my one and only love, I've never even kissed anyone else.

 

"Um sure we can just keep hanging out like we have been and you know go with the flow." said Soo.

 

This brought a big smile to Jessica's face. "So would you come over my house tomorrow? I promised my neighbour that I'd look after her three year old girl and I'm not really good with kids. I was going to get my sister to help me but Soo would you come over and help me and maybe we could take her to the park or something, I have a feeling that you would be great with kids."

 

"Well I don't know about me being great with kids but yes I'll come and help you look after her." Soo smiled.

 

"Yes, thanks Soo." she smiled back.

 

"So have you got any toys at your place for her to play with?" Soo asked.

 

"Um no but I think her Mum will bring some of her toys over."

 

"Okay well I'll look forward to it then."

 

"I guess I should go home before I fall asleep again." said Jess.

 

"I wonder if you'll ever have a time when your at my house that you don't fall asleep." Soo joked.

 

"Hey I've only done it twice."

 

"Yeah but you've only been here twice." Soo grinned.

 

"Anyway smarty pants I'm going now." Jess smiled.

 

Soo walked Jess out to her car.

 

"Thanks for having me over and I'll see you tomorrow Soo." Jess said before waving.

 

"That's okay, bye Jess." Soo smiled and then waved back to her as she drove away.

 

Sooyoung walked back up to her house with a huge smile on her face. She then walked into her bedroom and sat down on her bed. She reached for her photo of Fany and then looked at the photo.

 

"Is this what you wanted? Did you really want me to move on with someone else or were you just saying that. I like her Fany, I mean I really, really like her. I wish I knew what you really thought about my feelings for Jess."

 

When Jess arrived home she rang her sister Krystal immediately.

 

 

"Hi Jess."

 

"Oh my god Krys I'm falling in love." she said excitedly.

 

"Listen to you, it sounds like you're not falling it's sounds like you're already in love."

 

"She's just so ah!!! and she's just so oh!!! and tonight we hugged, can you believe that Krys we actually hugged."

 

"We are talking about the girl who's wife passed away right?"

 

"Yes Sooyoung."

 

"Are you two official now or something?"

 

"No we're not, she's not ready for that yet but we decided we'd just go with the flow and I think if we go with the flow someday we'll end up together. You'll love her Krys I just know you will." Jess said happily.

 

"I'm sure I will but you sound so happy Jess and to hear you that happy makes me happy."

 

"I mean I know we'll have some tough times ahead because she's still working through her feelings she has for her wife but I want to help her move forward in her life."

 

"Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for the two of you since she makes you so happy."

 

"Thanks Krys."

 

"So you want me to come over tomorrow to help you babysit right?"

 

"Oh actually you don't have to do that anymore. Sooyoung's going to come over and help me babysit." 

 

"Wow you convinced her to help you do that, she must really like you then."

 

 

After Jess finished talking to Krystal she headed straight to her study office and began to continue writing her latest novel.

 

Whenever I've seen Sooyoung it makes it so much easier for me to write this story, she thought to herself.

 

 

The next day........

 

 

Soo went shopping before she drove to Jessica's house. She knocked on the door.

 

"Hi Soo." Jess smiled as she opened the door.

 

"Hi Jess." she said before taking a step forward.

 

"Hey you just wait there a minute." Jess smiled cheekily.

 

"Why?"

 

"I just want to check if you smell good first." said Jess.

 

"But that's my thing, it can't be your thing too." Soo smiled.

 

"No you weren't going to let me in if I smelt good but I'm not going to let you in if you smell bad." Jess joked.

 

"Come on Jess I promise I don't smell bad, okay?"

 

"Let me smell you then."

 

"Well if you smell me then this ice cream I bought you might melt." said Soo.

 

"You bought ice cream, why didn't you say so because you can come in my house no matter how bad you smell if you have ice cream with you." Jess smiled.

 

Soo smiled at her before walking in and handing Jess the tub of ice cream.

 

"Thank you." Jess said before she put it away in the freezer.

 

"Wow your house looks amazing."

 

"How about I give you a tour."

 

"Okay but your kitchen is so big and beautiful. I can't believe you don't cook in here. That's such a waste Jess."

 

"Well you're going to teach me how to cook arn't you so I'll use it eventually." Jess smiled.

 

"Oh yeah I said I was going to teach you didn't I?"

 

"Yes you did and I think you should start teaching me tomorrow night." Jess smiled.

 

Soo just looked at her.

 

"Please Soo, could you please come over tomorrow night to teach me how to cook in this big and beautiful kitchen of mine." she asked sweetly.

 

Soo smiled at her. "Well since you asked so nicely, yes I'll teach you. We'll just start with something easy first."

 

"Okay easy sounds good to me." Jess smiled.

 

"Would I be able to put this bag somewhere?" Soo asked.

 

"Um sure, what's in it?"

 

"Oh I just bought some toys and stuff for the girl we're babysitting."

 

"Oh my god Sooyoung you're so sweet and thoughtful." Jess smiled as she grabbed the bag from Soo and put it on the sofa.

 

"Now come and have a look at my house." she said as she went to grab Soo's hand but then stopped herself.

 

She showed Soo her study. "Wow it's so big in here um so is this where you do all your writing?"

 

"Yes all on my laptop here but I do write when I'm outside sometimes or wherever I might be when some ideas come into my head."

 

"So does that mean you've started writing your next novel?"

 

"Yes I was all out of ideas but I started writing again the last couple of days. I feel fully inspired again." Jess smiled.

 

"Oh so can you tell me what it's about?"

 

"No it's a secret, I can't tell you yet."

 

Soo looked at her sadly...

 

"Just not yet okay. I'll tell you when I can." Jess promised.

 

"Now come and look at my bedroom." she walked Soo to her bedroom.

 

"Oh my god, wow Jess. You're bedroom is amazing. I'm guessing you make a lot of money from being an author."

 

"I do okay I guess, thanks to my last book. I made a lot of money from it and I'm still making money from it."

 

"Is that the book which was Fany's favourite?" Soo asked.

 

"Yes that's the one." she smiled.

 

The door bell rang. "Oh that must be her." said Jess.

 

Jess and Soo made their way to the front door.

 

"Hello." Jess said as she opened the door.

 

"Hi Jess, thanks so much for doing this for me."

 

"No worries, by the way Jooyeon this is my friend Choi Sooyoung and Soo this is my neighbour Lee Jooyeon."

 

Soo and Jooyeon greeted each other.

 

"And this little cutey here is Sunny." said Jess.

 

Sunny then hid behind her Mum's legs.

 

"Hey baby, Mummy needs to go now. Jess is going to look after you." she said before Sunny started to cry.

 

"Come on Sunny, I need to go now." but she still cried.

 

"Sunny why don't you come inside with me?" Jess asked.

 

"No!." Sunny called out.

 

"Sunny that's rude to talk like that to Jess. Say sorry to her please."

 

"No!." Sunny said again.

 

Soo then grabbed a toy bunny out of the bag on the sofa.

 

"Hi Sunny my name's Soo. I bought you something to play with." Soo said as she held the bunny out for Sunny.

 

She stepped out from behind her Mum's legs. "Bunny.... that bunny cute. Is that my bunny?" she asked.

 

"I bought this for you so yes this is your bunny." Soo smiled as Sunny took it out of her hands.

 

"Sunny I bought some more things for you too. Would you like to look at them?" Soo asked.

 

"Mummy can I go with Soo and look?" she asked.

 

"Yes darling you can go with Soo." Jooyeon smiled.

 

Soo held her hand out and Sunny grabbed hold of it and they walked over to the bag together.

 

Soo put her hand in the bag and pulled out a book about Bunny's. "Look Sunny a book all about Bunny's." Soo said as she handed it to her.

 

"Bunny book, me love bunny book. You read this to me?" Sunny asked.

 

"Yes I can read it to you." Soo smiled as she sat on the floor with her legs crossed and Sunny then sat down on her.

 

Jooyeon walked over. "Is it okay for Mummy to leave now? You can stay here with Jess and Soo okay?"

 

"Okay Mummy, I stay here with Soo." she smiled happily as she waved goodbye to her Mum.

 

Jooyeon waved back then walked to Jess. "Wow your friend certainly has a way with kids." she smiled.

 

"Um yeah sure looks like it." Jess smiled before saying goodbye to Jooyeon.

 

Soo started to read the book to Sunny.

 

Jess walked over to them. Soo looked up at her and smiled. "Hey Jess come and sit next to us."

 

So Jess sat down next to them and listened happily as Soo read the story to Sunny. When Soo finished the story.

 

"Soo pwease again?" Sunny asked.

 

"Oh you want me to read it again?"

 

"Yes pwease." Sunny smiled.

 

Soo smiled at Jess before she began to read it again. After she finished Sunny asked her to read it again.

 

"I could read it again or I could show you some other things in the bag that I bought for you." Soo said.

 

"Bag pwease Soo."

 

"I thought you might say that." Soo then grabbed the bag. "Here you can have everything in this bag." Soo smiled at her as Sunny looked so excited with everything she pulled out.

 

"Ball...... Soo throw ball."

 

"You want to play with the ball?" Soo asked.

 

"Yes pwease." she smiled at Soo.

 

"Hey Jess can we take Sunny to the park so we can play with the ball and have some fun on the swings?"

 

"Sure." Jess smiled.

 

"Yay we go park..... park is fun. You come park with me Aunty Soo?"

 

Soo turned to Jess and smiled brightly. "She called me Aunty Soo."

 

"I know so cute." Jess smiled.

 

"Yes I'll go to the park with you but how about we have something to eat first."

 

"eat yes...... me hungry."

 

Soo turned to Jess. "You want to eat that ice cream don't you?" Jess asked Soo.

 

Soo smiled at her. "Maybe."

 

"Okay then let's go eat some ice cream." said Jess.

 

"Ice cweam me like ice cweam." Sunny said happily.

 

"Okay well come with me and Aunty Jess to the kitchen." Soo held her hand out and Sunny grabbed it once again.

 

Jess got the ice cream out and put some in a little bowl for Sunny and handed it to her. 

 

"Thank kou Aunty Jess." Sunny smiled.

 

Sunny then started to eat her ice cream happily.

 

Jess smiled at Soo.

 

"You're an Aunty too now." said Soo.

 

Jess then got a spoonful of ice cream and started to eat it.

 

Soo just stared at her.

 

"What?" Jess teased.

 

"Are you going to eat the rest of that all by yourself?" Soo asked.

 

"Maybe, I mean it's just so yummy." she said as she put another spoonful into .

 

Soo pouted at her.

 

Jess went to put another spoonful in but stopped then offered it to Soo. She then opened and Jess put the spoon into .

 

Sooyoung smiled at her. "Thank you." she said before grabbing the spoon off Jess and filling the spoon with ice cream. She then offered it to Jessica and Jess opened . A tiny bit of ice cream dripped down the corner of Jessica's mouth.

 

Soo gently wiped it off Jess's mouth but then she left her thumb resting on the corner of Jessica's mouth. She just stood there staring deeply into Jess's eyes.

 

Soo then gently rubbed her thumb back and forth a couple of times over Jess's lips. She looked into Jessica's eyes once again..............