I See You

Ghost Of You

 

Hi readers,

Welcome to my latest fic :)

For this story to make any sense you need to know that Tiffany is not a real ghost that Sooyoung can see. Tiffany exists only in Sooyoung's imagination because she can't bare to deal with the reality of her death. You'll see that Sooyoung still talks to Tiffany as if she is still with her and very much alive. 

 

Big thank you to those who have already subscribed :))  and thanks also for the upvotes!! :)))

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Please promise me that you'll move on from me and find happiness with someone else once I'm gone." Tiffany said in a soft weak voice from her hospital bed.

 

"No I'm sorry Fany but I can't promise you that. My heart can only be filled by my love for you." said Sooyoung while a tear ran down her face. She knew her beloved wife was in the final moments of her battle with cancer.

 

"Well then I'll just stay here in pain on this hospital bed until you can make that promise to me."

 

"Fany-ah I love you........ I can't possibly love anybody else except for you." Soo said sadly as she held Tiffany's hand tightly.

 

"But Baby you're still so young, you've got your whole life ahead of you. I'm not asking you to move on from me tomorrow or anything. It's just some time in the future I want you to live a happy life with someone special because what is life without love?"

 

"What is life without you? Please don't leave me...... Please!" Soo begged.

 

"Soo I can't fight this any longer. I have no strength left to fight this anymore. I've tried baby, you know how hard I've tried but It hurts so much and......... my time is up. It's time for me to move on but I can't.......... because you won't make that promise to me."

 

Sooyoung burst out in tears. "Fany how can I.... (sob) ..... how can I ever ...... (sob).... move on from what we have?"

 

"Baby please......... your future happiness........ well that's my final wish....... please..... can you please... make my wish come true.......... please Baby........... Sooyoung ...... I love you..... I love you so mu............................."

 

Tiffany fell silent as a look of peace came across her face before the heart monitor flatlined........

 

"Nurse quick.......quick!" Soo said as she stood up and looked at the nurse who was standing behind her.

 

She rushed forward to Sooyoung. "She's gone now." 

 

"No she can't be gone yet........ not yet...... I didn't get to kiss her one last time.........nurse please bring her back." Soo said desperately.

 

"Sooyoung it's too late, it was her time to go."

 

"No it's not too late...... I want her back.......she can't leave me yet....... Fany please....... not yet....... please ....(sob).......not yet....... I love you ......(sob).......please Fany!!."

 

The nurse wrapped her arms tightly around Sooyoung. "It's okay Sooyoung, she's in a better place now. She's not in pain anymore. You know how much pain she's been in, there's no more pain for her."

 

Sooyoung just froze and looked at her wife's lifeless body. More tears began to stream down her face. She then took a step forward and gently Tiffany's face.

 

"Fany-ah I will love you until the end of time.......(sob).....but ..... you're finally free....... (sob)..... no more pain.......(sob)...... no more pain my beautiful wife.......(sob).." she then hugged her one last time.

 

"Sooyoung you can still kiss her if you want." said the nurse.

 

"No......(sob).... my last kiss with her ... (sob) ..... was when she was ..(sob).... still alive.....(sob).... I want that to be the kiss...(sob)... I always remember."

 

"Fany didn't want anyone else in here except you when she passed. Is it okay with you if we let her family and friends come in now?" the nurse asked.

 

".....yes...."

 

Sooyoung stood back in the far corner of the hospital room as Tiffany's family and Sooyoung's family as well as their closest friends came to say a final goodbye.

 

Everyone moved towards Tiffany except for Yuri who squeezed herself behind Sooyoung and then backhugged her best friend tightly. "I'm sorry Sooyoung-ah...... I'm so, so sorry."

 

 

 The day after Tiffany's funeral....

 

 

Sooyoung's Mum, Dad and sister Sujin arrived to help Soo pack all of Tiffany's things away.

 

She welcomed them in. "Hello please come in. We baked a cake for morning tea. You'll all have some right?" Soo asked.

 

"Yes did Yuri help you bake it?" Mrs. Choi asked.

 

"No Yul's not here yet. Fany and I baked it together." she said before walking into the kitchen to cut the cake.

 

Her family all looked at each other strangely.

 

"She did just say that Fany and her baked the cake didn't she?" Sujin asked.

 

Her parents nodded back at her.

 

Soo brought the cake out and she had cut an extra piece and put it in front of the spare chair next to her.

 

"Looks like my shikshin sister has got her appetite back again." said Sujin.

 

"No that's for Fany. We had to make it pink icing, I wanted to make it blue but my wife here wanted to make it pink so of course she got her way."

 

Soo's family just stared at each other wondering what Sooyoung was talking about.

 

"Pink is so much better than blue baby."  ( note to readers :  anytime you see the blue writing like this, it's Tiffany talking to Soo in Sooyoung's imagination )

 

"I think blue's better but because I'm such a good wife I let you make it pink." Soo said as she smiled towards the spare seat.

 

"Do you all like the cake?"

 

There was silence. "My Fany asked you a question?" Soo said looking at her family.

 

"Huh?" Mr. Choi said feeling confused.

 

"Fany asked if you all liked the cake and you didn't answer her."

 

"Um the cake is very nice, thanks." Mr. Choi said looking at Soo.

 

"Why are you saying that to me? Fany is the one that asked the question. Tell her you think the cake's nice."

 

"ENOUGH!!!" Mr. Choi yelled at Soo. "We know you're going through the hardest of times after Fany's passing but Choi Sooyoung this nonsense has to stop."

 

"What nonsense?" Soo asked.

 

"My darling Sooyoung you're talking and acting as if Fany's in this room with us but...... she's not here. You need to stop denying the fact that she's gone." said Mrs. Choi.

 

"She is here..... she's sitting right there smiling back at me and she thinks you're all completely blind that you can't see her." 

 

"I'm going to book you in to see the doctor Sooyoung. This is not healthy and you need to go see somebody about it." said Mr. Choi.

 

"Soo don't talk to me in front of your family. If they can't see me then that's their problem. You can see me and that's all that matters."

 

Soo smiled back at her.

 

"No I don't need to see a doctor, I'm fine." said Soo.

 

"Well if you keep acting like Fany is in this room with us then you'll leave me with no choice but to call the doctor." said Mr. Choi.

 

"No I know she's not here." Soo said as she grinned over at Fany.

 

Tiffany poked her tongue out a Soo.

 

After they finished eating the cake Yuri arrived.

 

"Yul we just finished eating the cake that Fany and I baked.....um I mean that I baked. Would you like some?"

 

"I'll have some after we finish packing Fany's things away." said Yuri.

 

"Oh we don't need to do that anymore because Fany wants to keep everything."

 

"What did you say?" Yuri asked.

 

"Um I just meant that I want to keep everything." said Soo.

 

"Sooyoung you asked us yesterday to come over today to pack Fany's things away. So what's changed why do you want to have all these constant reminders of Fany surrounding you?" Mrs. Choi asked.

 

"Baby be careful what you say or they'll think you're going crazy."

 

"I'm just not ready to let go of all her stuff yet, okay?"

 

"It's okay Soo if you're not ready then we'll just wait until you are." said Yuri as she went to sit down on the seat where Soo imagined Fany to be sitting.

 

"YURI-AH!!! You're about to sit on Fany." she yelled out.

 

Yuri and the Choi's all stared at Soo weirdly.

 

"Baby I told you for some reason they can't see me. It's okay I'll just move to the other spare chair."

 

"Choi Sooyoung that's it your going to see the doctor right now." said Mr. Choi.

 

Soo's family took her to see the doctor. Sooyoung's father explained what had been happening to the doctor before he left so Sooyoung could speak to the doctor alone.

 

"So Sooyoung is your wife here with you now?"

 

"Of course she is......"

 

"Soo they can't see me remember. You don't want him to think you're crazy."

 

"I mean no she's not here."

 

"Sooyoung it's okay to let me know if you do see her. I mean everybody handles grief differently. You still seeing your wife is a stage of your mourning process." the doctor explained.

 

"No I'm not just seeing her she's still alive, she didn't pass awa......."

 

"Soo you can't say that."

 

"I mean yes I'm finding it hard to cope without her around anymore." she said as she grinned at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany grinned back at her.

 

"You're experiencing such a great loss and it's hard for you to move past it. I think you should take some medication. It'll just help you see things a bit more clearly and calmly." the doctor explained.

 

The doctor handed the prescription to Mr. Choi after he walked Soo out of the room. "If she takes two of them a day it should help her out." Mr. Choi then thanked the doctor.

 

They picked the medication up on the way home to Soo's place.

 

"Would you like us to stay with you a bit longer?" Sujin asked.

 

"Thanks but I'll be fine."

 

"Don't forget to take a pill as soon as you go inside." said Mr. Choi.

 

"Okay I will Father."

 

But Soo didn't take a pill when she went inside.

 

"I'm sure I don't need to take these pills but Fany it's so frustrating that they can't see you. Why can't they see you?" Soo asked.

 

"Maybe they didn't think it was possible for me to survive the cancer but I did and I'm here with you now." Fany smiled.

 

"And we can live happily ever after just like we promised each other when we got married."

 

"Yes Baby happily ever after." Fany smiled.

 

When Sooyoung walked into the bedroom she noticed Tiffany's favourite novel on the bedside table. She loved reading and she spent nearly every lunch hour in the library. 

 

She was a receptionist at a dental surgery which was less than 100 hundred metres away from the library. Even when Tiffany was at her sickest Sooyoung would take her in a wheelchair to the library and if she wasn't well enough to go then Soo would read at home to her.

 

"Oh no Fany-ah we haven't gone to the library today. We better go now."

 

"Yay the library." she said excitedly.

 

Sooyoung picked up Tiffany's favourite novel. "Now I know you've read this so many times already but it is your favourite so I'll read it to you again."

 

Tiffany smiled at her.

 

When Sooyoung arrived at the library she walked up to the counter to greet Yoona. 

 

Yoona was a librarian and knew Soo well but she had become especially close to Fany because she saw Fany nearly every lunch hour. 

 

"Hi Yoong, I brought Fany with me to sit here and read her favourite novel."

 

Yoona looked at Sooyoung and then next to Soo but of course Fany wasn't there.

 

"How have you been coping without Fany?"

 

"She's still with me."

 

"Soo they can't see me remember."

 

"What I meant is she's still with me in my heart.... anyway I'm going to sit where she usually sits." Soo smiled.

 

Yoona watched from the counter as Sooyoung began to read the novel out loud. She turned every so often to the seat next to her and smiled.

 

A few minutes later a man sat down next to Soo. He sat down on the seat that Soo imagined Tiffany to be sitting on.

 

"Excuse me Sir but you just sat on my wife." 

 

"What?"

 

"You sat on my wife, hurry get off her before you squash her." Soo said as Yoona came over.

 

"Sorry Sir would you mind sitting over there for now. I just need to talk to my friend here."

 

"Soo what's wrong? Why did you think that man sat on Fany?"

 

"Because Fany's sitting right there." Soo pointed to the chair.

 

Yoona then sat on the chair on the other side of Soo and put her arm around her.

 

"I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now but Soo you need to know that Fany is not with you right now. Well I'm sure she's in your heart right now but she's not sitting on that chair."

 

Sooyoung felt tears fall down her face. Yoona had jolted her out of her imaginary world long enough to realize that Fany wasn't actually sitting next to her.

 

Yoona wiped her tears away. "Life's so not fair, I wish that she was sitting next to you right now but Soo...... just remember she'll never leave your heart."

 

But then when Sooyoung turned back to face the other chair again her imagination kicked back in and she saw Fany staring back at her.

 

"I love you, please don't ever leave me like that again." said Soo.

 

"I love you too Baby."

 

Yoona felt her heart break into a million pieces when she saw Soo talking to the spare chair as if Fany was sitting there.

 

 

Four weeks later........

 

 

Sooyoung had continued to see and talk to Tiffany in her imagination. She still hadn't taken any of the medication that the doctor prescribed for her.

 

She had learnt to try not to talk to Fany while other people were around. The only place she hadn't been able to control this was the library. She felt most connected to her wife when she sat in the library in Fany's usual seat reading to her.

 

Sooyoung headed to the library with Fany's favourite novel just like she had done the past four weeks. She greeted Yoona before sitting at her usual table.

 

Soo began to read to the imaginary Fany once again just as Yoona's best friend walked into the library.

 

"Oh my god Jess you're finally back." Yoona said excitedly.

 

"The way you're carrying on, anyone would think you hadn't seen me for a year or something." said Jess.

 

"That's because I haven't seen you for a year." Yoona grinned.

 

Jess grinned back at her.

 

"So what are you doing here now, I thought we were meeting for dinner?"

 

"We are meeting for dinner it's just I'm kind of looking for some inspiration for my next novel and so I thought I'd come and hang out in the library for awhile."

 

"Wow you must be desperate if you're coming here for inspiration."

 

"Haha yep I am pretty desperate so it's worth a try." Jess smiled.

 

A lady then approached Yoona to ask her a question.

 

"I'll leave you to it Yoong, I'll be just hanging around here. So don't mind me."

 

Jessica then walked towards the table Sooyoung was sitting at. She couldn't help but notice the book in Soo's hand was her own best selling novel. So she sat herself down at the end of the table not far from Sooyoung.

 

She wasn't usually the type to stare at people but she felt herself being drawn to this dark haired beauty reading her novel. She was captivated by the fact that Soo was reading the novel out loud.

 

She's acting as if she's reading it to someone but there's nobody else here besides me at this table, thought Jessica. After a few more seconds Jess noticed tears falling down Sooyoung's face. Oh my god what's wrong with her...... she looks so sad right now.

 

"I'm sorry Fany I know this is your favourite part of the book but........ I just need to take a break for a bit." Soo said to the imaginary Fany.

 

"It's okay Baby, take a break. I don't mind."

 

"I love you." she said to the chair.

 

"Um were you talking to me?" Jess asked.

 

Sooyoung looked over at Jessica. "I'm sorry I didn't see you sit there."

 

"That's okay it's just I thought you said that you love me?" Jess asked.

 

"Oh I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my wife."

 

Jessica looked behind her and around her before saying. "Where is your wife?"

 

"She's right here." Soo pointed to the empty chair.

 

"Soo what are you doing? She can't see me remember."

 

"Well she's there but not there...... um it's kind of a long story." said Soo.

 

"I'm in no hurry, so you can tell me about it if you want?"

 

"Maybe another time, I really need to go home now." Soo said as she grabbed the book and left.

 

Jess watched her leave and noticed her saying goodbye to Yoona on the way out. So after Sooyoung walked out the door, Jess rushed over to Yoona.

 

"So you know that girl?" 

 

"What girl?" Yoona asked.

 

"That tall beautiful girl that you just said goodbye to."

 

"Oh that's Sooyoung."

 

"I find her so fascinating, tell me everything you know about her, please?"................