Somewhere In Between

Ghost Of You

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Soo please don't go, you're my girlfriend and I really want you to stay and have breakfast with my family." Jess pleaded.

 

"I was hoping to make a good impression when I met your Mum and Dad but look at me, I'm standing here in your pyjamas. This isn't the impression I wanted to make." said Soo.

 

"My Mum's not going to judge you for being in my pyjamas. Soo please just come to the kitchen and have breakfast with us. I don't want you to go yet and I want to show you off to my Mum." Jess said happily.

 

"Okay I'll stay but what if your Mum doesn't like me?"

 

Jess gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Of course she's going to like you."

 

Meanwhile Krys had been filling her Mum in quickly about Soo and the tragic passing of Fany.

 

"So Mum please be careful about what you say to her. Jess is crazy about Soo so we can't stuff it up for her especially after the last couple of bad relationships she's had." said Krys.

 

Jess grabbed Soo's hand and walked her to the kitchen. Mrs. Jung was putting the breakfast onto plates.

 

"So Jess why didn't you invite me to your sleepover." Krys grinned cheekily.

 

"It wasn't a planned sleepover smarty pants." said Jess.

 

"Well I kind of worked that much out." Krys said before she poked her tongue out at Jess.

 

"Get your mind out of the gutter Sis, we just sat up talking late and fell asleep on the sofa." Jess said knowing that Soo didn't want her Mum to know what they really got up to last night.

 

"Okay Sis I believe you even though many others wouldn't." she grinned.

 

Mrs. Jung finished serving breakfast and they all began to eat.

 

"Mum, Soo was the one that helped Jess babysit Sunny." said Krys.

 

"Oh so you're the one that's got the magic touch with kids?" Mrs. Jung asked.

 

"Ah I don't know about that." said Soo.

 

"She's being modest, Sunny loved her so much that she wanted to invite Soo over her house for a play date." Jess laughed.

 

"So how did the cooking lesson go last night?" Krys asked.

 

"Oh.... um ....... we decided to just order in but Soo's going to teach me another time." Jess said without going into all the drama and good times they had shared last night.

 

They continued to eat and chat, when they finished eating they took their plates back to the kitchen and Soo grabbed Jess so she could talk alone with her.

 

"Hey Jess I really need to get going now." said Soo.

 

Jess looked at her sadly cause she was hoping that Soo and her could spend some more time alone together once her Mum and Krys left.

 

"I was hoping we could pick up where we left off before my family arrived. You know ing your shirt." she grinned.

 

"As much as I would really like to do that, I have a few things I need to do."

 

"I can help you do your few things if you like." Jess offered.

 

"It's just I really need to spend some time with my family. I've kind of been avoiding them and seeing you with your family just now made me realize that I should visit them." Soo explained.

 

"Oh good idea, but I want to walk you to your car." 

 

"Okay I'll just say goodbye to your Mum and Krys first."

 

They walked into the kitchen.

 

"Goodbye Mrs. Jung it's was great to meet you and I'm sorry that I wasn't appropriately dressed." said Soo.

 

"Soo you were pefectly dressed for this time of the morning." she smiled at Soo which made Sooyoung not worry so much about the impression she had made on her new girlfriend's Mother.

 

"Bye Krys it was good to see you again and maybe we can catch up soon."

 

"Yes let's do something soon." said Krys happily.

 

When Soo and Jess reached the car.

 

"So will you take me to meet your family one day?" Jess asked.

 

"Sure of course I will, you could come with me tonight if you want. I'm sorry I didn't ask you Jess, it's just I thought you might feel uncomfortable."

 

"I'd be with you, so why would I feel uncomfortable?" Jess asked. 

 

"My family's home has ....... well there's lots of photos up around their house of me and Fany."

 

"That's okay, I have no problem with that. If you don't mind me coming along, I'd really love to meet your family Soo."

 

"I'm sure they'd love to meet you too. I mean they don't even know I have a girlfriend yet but I guess they'll know after tonight."

 

"So will you introduce me as your girlfriend tonight?"

 

"Well you introduced me to your Mum as your girlfriend, so I should do the same, right?" Soo asked.

 

"Only if you want to."

 

Soo gently Jess's face. "I want too." she said before giveing Jess a quick peck on the lips.

 

"Great well I'm really excited to meet your family."

 

Soo smiled at her. "So I'll pick you up at 6pm then."

 

"Really so I'm not going to see you again until six?" Jess asked sadly.

 

"Well I thought you'd need time to get some more writing done on your new novel." said Soo.

 

"You're right I should really be writing but I'm going to miss you." Jess said as she wrapped her arms around Soo.

 

Soo hugged her back and they shared a long kiss before Soo drove off.

 

Jess went back inside.

 

"I like her Jess, she seems really nice." said Mrs. Jung.

 

"I'm glad that you like her because I think I'm in love with her." Jess smiled happily.

 

"Wow Princess you really have fallen for her." said her Mum.

 

"Yes Mum I really have."

 

"Ooh my Sis is in love, ooh I can see your heart fluttering from here and what did you two really get up to last night?" Krys teased before Jess threw a tea towel at her head.

 

"Yah!!" Krys yelled.

 

"Don't yah me, you deserved that." said Jess.

 

Krys grinned at her.

 

"So does Soo work?" her Mum asked.

 

"She's not working right now but she used to work for her Family's jewellery business. She use to work as a sales rep but when her..... oh Mum you don't know yet but she was married and ......" Jess was trying to explain before her Mum stopped her.

 

"Yes Krys told me about Soo's wife and her tragic passing."

 

"Oh well because of that she hasn't been working for a while. She was caring for her wife full time for the last six months before she died and after she passed Soo of course hasn't felt like going back to work."

 

"Do you think she's ready to handle another relationship yet?" Mrs. Jung asked.

 

"I don't have the answer to that but I'm happy that she's at least trying to give our relationship a go."

 

They continued talking for a while longer before her Mum and Krystal left.

 

She immediately sent a text to Soo telling her that she was already missing her and then she texted Yoona asking if they could meet for lunch.

 

Soo had driven straight to Yuri's house.

 

"Hi Soo, were you too lazy to get out of your pyjamas?"

 

"Guess what Yul?" Soo said excitedly.

 

"I don't know, you should just tell me since you're so happy."

 

"Jess and I are official now."

 

"Oh my god that's awesome Soo." Yuri said with a big smile.

 

"And we also um..... well you know." said Soo.

 

"Um no I can't say I do know, what are you talking about?"

 

"We...... you know...... made love."

 

"Wow seriously..... and?" Yuri asked.

 

"And what?" Soo asked.

 

"And how was it?"

 

"None of your business, well actually It was amazing.... so amazing." Soo smiled.

 

"Well after you taking off on her earlier in the night it's good to hear that the night ended well." 

 

After catching up with Yuri for a while she drove back home. As she walked upstairs she recieved her text from Jess. It made Soo smile when she read that Jess was missing her. She sent an 'I miss you too' text back to Jess.

 

Soo was feeling happy and excited......... until she walked into her bedroom to get changed. She then experienced an immense  feeling of guilt take over her body. Oh my god I can't believe that Jess and I made love already. What the hell was I thinking, thought Soo. She then grabbed Fany's photo off the bedside table.

 

"I wish I knew what you really thought of me right now..... do you hate me...... or do you still love me?  You and I hadn't made love for such a long time because of your sickness. I forgot how great making love felt...... but now while I'm sitting here in our bedroom, the very place that we made love many, many times before... all I feel is guilt."

 

"But Fany-ah I know you probably don't want to hear this but ...... I think I love her. She's taken over my thoughts and dreams. Yes Fany instead of only having nightmare's I'm finally having dreams again. I still love you baby........ I always will but I really want to be with Jess............. Aigoo how can something that feels so good also feel so wrong."

 

Later on Jess met up with Yoona at a cafe for lunch. Jess excitedly told Yoona about the eventful night and also about how they were now an official couple.

 

"Oh and Yoong we you know took a really big step in our relationship too." said Jess.

 

"What step?"

 

"Well we made love." Jess said with a smile.

 

"What already? I really didn't think that Soo would be ready for that step yet."

 

"Well she wasn't earlier in the night when she took off on me but I found her at Fany's grave and I guess she felt more connected with me after that because she was the one that initiated it."

 

"Jess please don't move too fast with her. It really seems like you're moving too fast with her."

 

"What but she wanted to make love."

 

"Yes she might seem like she's ready for everything now but your forgetting that I use to see Fany and her together all the time and they were so close, like so, so close and oh my god Jess if you had seen the two of them together you would know just how deeply in love they were with each other."

 

"So what's your point?"

 

"That maybe Soo's enjoying your company because she's not feeling so lonely with you around and because you didn't know her before Fany passed, she probably feels like you're one of the few people not judging her." said Yoona.

 

"Oh gee thanks best friend, you don't think it's actually possible that she could of fallen for me." Jess said angrily.

 

"Aigoo Jess that's not what I was saying."

 

"Well it sure sounded like that's what you were saying."

 

"Jess come on..... I just wanted you to be aware of how strong Soo's love for Fany was and is. Everyone's telling her she should move on from Fany and so that's what she's trying to do because then everyone will stop bothering her about it, but there's a part of her that never wants to move on from Fany."

 

"So you don't think she wants to move forward? You think she's only doing it to please her loved ones?"

 

"I'm not saying her feelings for you arn't real, I'm just saying that you would be silly to think that this relationship you've started with Soo is only about you and her."  explained Yoona.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean that your new relationship with her would also include Fany and if you're not prepared to deal with that then you shouldn't of jumped in so fast."

 

"Well our relationship before we started dating included Fany anyway."

 

"Yes but it'll be harder for you to deal with now that Soo's your girlfriend. Jess you can't deny the fact that you get jealous easily, so how will you cope with Soo still not wanting to let go of Fany. You have always wanted someone that makes you their first priority but in this case you would have to make Soo your number one priority instead of yourself."

 

"But don't you think I already have been making her the priority over myself?" Jess asked.

 

"Yes you have but that was when you were just friends. Now that she's your girlfriend I just hope you can continue to do it."

 

"I came here feeling so happy to tell you my exciting news but now you've just made me feel down about it all."

 

"I'm sorry Jess I wasn't trying to make you feel like that, I just wanted you to be real with yourself and make you aware that although you have fallen in love with her, she is still in love with someone else."

 

"So you don't think she can ever love me?"

 

"Of course she can love you and she might already love you but Jess you are in love with just her, where as she could be in love with you and Fany at the same time. So you might find that hard to deal with." said Yoona.

 

Jess and Yoona continued to have their heart to heart conversation when Soo called :

 

"Hi Soo."

 

"Hey Jess um....... about tonight...... um...." 

 

"What is it Soo?"

 

"Look I'm really sorry but I don't think I'm ready to introduce you to my family as my girlfriend yet." ................