Too Soon?

Ghost Of You

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Because I didn't let you inside my house earlier um...... would you like...... um you know....... um would you like to come inside for some coffee?" Soo asked.

 

"Yes I'd like a coffee." Jess smiled.

 

They walked up the stairs and Soo opened the door and walked in. She turned around to see Jess standing outside the door.

 

"What are you doing?" Soo asked.

 

Jess opened her bag and searched through it until she found her bottle of perfume. She then took it out and sprayed it a few times on herself. She then smiled at Soo.

 

"You think you're so funny don't you?" Soo asked.

 

"Do I smell nice?" Jess asked while smiling cheekily.

 

"Uh huh." Soo smiled.

 

"Good so am I allowed to come inside then?"

 

"Well I was fine with you coming in here but now that you've just sprayed yourself with perfume again. I'm sorry but I can't possibly let you come in." Soo grinned.

 

Jess glared back at her. "So now you think you're funny."

 

"It was a bit funny though. Don't you think?" Soo asked.

 

Jess shook her head.

 

"Okay fine, you can come inside now."

 

Jess shook her head again.

 

"Why are you shaking your head?"

 

"I'm not coming inside unless you ask me nicely." Jess smiled.

 

"Seriously?"

 

Jess nodded her head while grinning.

 

"Would you please come inside my house now lovely smelling Jessica.

 

Jess giggled. "Um sure." she said before stepping inside the house.

 

Soo headed straight into the kitchen and turned the coffee machine on.

 

"Are you not going to give me a tour of your house?"

 

"Um yeah sure." Soo said but she didn't really want to. Every room held precious memories for her of Fany.

 

"Jess come in here?" Soo asked.

 

Jess walked in. "Wait don't tell me I want to try and guess...... um is this the kitchen?"

 

"Not funny Jess." Soo smiled.

 

"As this girl I know would say, it was a little bit funny." she grinned.

 

"Anyway moving on." Soo said with a smile. She then showed Jess every room leaving the bedroom until last.

 

"And this is our.... I mean my bedroom." Soo said as she waited at the door while Jess walked in.

 

Soo's eyes instantly stared at the photo of Fany on her bedside table. She felt her eyes welling up.

 

"I'm guessing that you really like the colour pink?" Jess asked as she looked at Soo.

 

Their eyes met before a tear rolled down Soo's face and she then lowered her head.

 

Jess rushed over to her. "I'm sorry Soo, was pink Fany's favourite colour?"

 

She looked up at Jess and nodded her head before she wiped some of her own tears away.

 

Jess went to hug her but Soo took a step back away from her. "I'm fine, I better make the coffee now." she said as she took off to the kitchen.

 

Jess turned around to have one more quick look at the bedroom before following Soo into the kitchen.

 

Soo was facing away from Jess but kept wiping her eyes as the tears kept falling.

 

"Soo please let me give you a hug?"

 

"No I'm fine."

 

Jess moved closer to her. "Please just let me hug you. I promise it'll help you feel better."

 

Soo shook her head at her. Jess stood in front of her. "Well at least let me wipe your tears then." said Jess.

 

Jess began to wipe Soo's tears. "I'm sorry if I upset you."

 

"She was crazy about pink. She just wanted everything to be pink. Pink clothes, pink coffee cups, pink toothbrush, pink soap......... just anything she could get in pink. It was never my favourite colour but ever since I met Fany and fell madly in love with her, I also learnt to love the colour pink."

 

"So what was your favourite colour before pink?" Jess asked.

 

"Light blue but Fany was always so funny because even if she bought me something that was blue she would wrap a pink ribbon around it." Soo smiled.

 

"Now see this is what I like to see." Jess pointed at Soo's smile.

 

"I know but sometimes it's hard to smile, really hard."

 

"I know it's hard for you but small steps remember. That's exactly what you're doing right now except you've taken more than one small step." Jess explained.

 

"Have I?"

 

"Yes firstly you let me inside you're house even though I smelt good." Jess smiled. "You then took me on a tour of your house, which I know was really hard for you to do. You talked to me about Fany and her favourite colour and you also let me wipe your tears."

 

"Does that mean I'm getting less crazy yet?" Soo asked.

 

"I never thought you were crazy in the first place but you're definitely making progress. Don't you think?"

 

"It feels like sometimes I take two steps forward and then three steps backwards."

 

"But don't you think sometimes you take two steps backwards and then four steps forward?" Jess asked.

 

Soo smiled at her. "I guess so."

 

"So are you actually going to make me a coffee sometime before I fall asleep?"

 

"Are you tired?" Soo asked.

 

"Only a little bit but maybe the coffee will help wake me up."

 

Soo smiled at her before making their coffee.

 

"Finally here's your coffee."

 

"Thank you." Jess smiled.

 

"Let's go sit in the lounge room." said Soo.

 

They sat next to each other on the sofa. Soo reached for the remote control and turned the TV on. She started flicking through the channels.

 

"Oh Soo please tell me you're not one of those annoying channel flickers are you?"

 

"No I was just trying to find something to watch that might interest you."

 

"Don't worry about me, just put something on that you want to watch." said Jess.

 

Soo put it on the cooking channel.

 

"Oh the cooking channel, why am I not surprised that you put something with food on." Jess smiled.

 

"You know what should be my next small step?"

 

"What?"

 

"Watching you cook a yummy dinner for me." Soo smiled.

 

"Well I can't cook so that's not going to happen and how would that be a small step for you anyway?"

 

"I'd be going to someone's house that I've never been to before."

 

"Ah I see, I just think you really want to see my house and you're just using the small step as excuse."

 

"No." Soo protested.

 

"Admit it, you just want to come and see my house." Jess smiled.

 

"No I just want you to cook for me."

 

"It's all about food for you isn't it?"

 

"Yep." Soo smiled.

 

"If you want me to cook for you then you'll have to teach me how to cook first."

 

"Okay I'll teach you how to cook."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes I'll teach you. Does that count as another small step for me though?" Soo asked.

 

"It'll only count as a small step if you teach me how to cook at my house."

 

"Okay then."

 

"Okay deal then, you come to my house and teach me how to cook something" said Jess.

 

They both started watching the TV and after a little while Soo asked Jess "What dish would you like me to teach you how to cook?" she said but Jess didn't answer.

 

Soo turned to look at her and noticed that her eyes were closed. She carefully took the coffee cup out of Jess's hand.

 

Wow....... look how beautiful she looks while she sleeping, thought Soo. 

 

Jess's head then gently fell on Soo's shoulder. Soo found herself staring at the sleeping beauty. I guess she really was tired. She looks so cute...... beautiful and cute. Oh my god why am I starting to have these feelings for Jess. What would Fany think about me having these thoughts about her especially inside our house.

 

Should I wake her up now.... maybe I'll just let her sleep a bit longer........ 

 

All Soo could think about were her new found feelings for Jess. 

 

I don't think I'm suppose to feel like this about someone else so soon after Fany's passing. When Jess offered to hug me earlier, I really wanted to let her do it but I was scared that I would enjoy the hug too much from her..... and maybe enjoy it so much that I'd never want her to let go, thought Sooyoung.

 

Jess then stirred before slowly opening her eyes and looking at Soo. "Oh my god I fell asleep. I'm so sorry Soo."

 

"That's okay, you know I don't feel bad at all that you found my conversation so boring that it put you to sleep." Soo smiled.

 

Jess smiled. "I was just tired, I'm sure your conversation was very interesting."

 

"So I guess my shoulder must of been pretty comfortable for you?"

 

"I can't believe I fell asleep on you. I really am sorry." said Jess.

 

"It's fine you can fall asleep on me anytime.....um.... well you um know um what I mean." Soo said as she began to blush.

 

Jess saw Soo's face turn bright red. "Hey Soo it's okay I know what you meant."

 

Soo then got up quickly and took their coffee cups back into the kitchen. What the hell is wrong with me, why did I tell her that she can sleep on me anytime.... like what on earth was I even thinking to say that, thought Soo.

 

Jess followed her into the kitchen, she could sense Soo's embarrassment.

 

I know it would be difficult for Soo to start a new relationship with anyone again but when she's ready I really want that girl to be me, Jess thought to herself.

 

"Hey thanks for the coffee Soo and I guess I should go home now since I fell asleep already."

 

"Oh um okay, I'll walk you to your car."

 

They both made their way down to Jess's car.

 

"Like I said earlier, I really am proud of you Soo."

 

"Thanks Jess, hey remember don't wear any perfume tomorrow night." Soo smiled.

 

Jess laughed. "I'll definitely be wearing perfume and anyway Yoona will be wearing perfume too not just me."

 

"But it's your smell that affects me not Yoona's."

 

"Really?"

 

"No I mean that.......um.......like your um..........." Soo stumbled.

 

"Soo I know you're just trying to let me know that my perfume smells better than Yoona's." Jess said trying to make Soo feel better.

 

"Um yes."

 

"I had a great time with you tonight and I can't wait to see you again tomorrow night as well." Jess smiled before hopping into her car.

 

"Bye." Soo said as she waved while Jess drove away.

 

Oh my gosh seriously...... I really wanted to give her a goodbye hug just now. What is wrong with me, why am I even feeling this way, thought Soo.

 

As Jess drove home she couldn't stop thinking about Soo. Does she really like me? like really, really like me, Jess thought to herself. Because I like her...... I mean I really, really like her.

 

Soo went back inside her house and headed straight to the bedroom. She sat down on her bed and grabbed Fany's photo.

 

"I know you wanted me to move on but this is too soon right?" she then rested her head against the photo frame.

 

 

The next night.......

 

 

Soo had just done a search for something using google on her computer when Yuri knocked on the door. She didn't get a chance to close her google search window before she took off to open the door for Yuri.

 

"Hi Yuri-ah."

 

"Well you sound happy, you're really looking forward to having guests here tonight arn't you?"

 

"I'm just happy that you'll get to meet Jess and Yoona."

 

"Seeing this big smile on your face makes me really want to meet them too."

 

Yuri helped Soo prepare a few things before there was another knock on the door.

 

"That must be them." Soo said excitedly.

 

Wow look at my Soo, she's so excited with these girls coming over, thought Yuri.

 

Soo opened the door. "Hello Jess, Yoona, please come in."

 

Yoona walked in while Jess stayed outside. 

 

Soo smiled at her. "Jess what are you up to?"

 

"Come here?" Jess asked.

 

"No you didn't ask me nicely."

 

"Soo could you please come here?" Jess asked with a cute smile.

 

Soo stepped outside and stood in front of her. 

 

"Do I smell too good?" Jess asked.

 

"Are you going to do this everytime you come over now?"

 

"No but I'm wearing a new perfume. I just wondered if you liked the smell of this one as much as you like my other one."

 

Soo leant in and smelt her neck. She then looked at Jess. "I like this one too, it really smells nice."

 

Yuri and Yoona were both staring at the close interaction between Jess and Soo.

 

"If it's alright by you I'd like to come inside now?" Jess asked.

 

Soo just smiled at her and then nodded her head and they both walked inside.

 

"Um Jess and Yoona this is my best friend Yuri." said Soo.

 

After they greeted Yuri. "Would anyone like a drink?" Soo asked.

 

They all said yes so Soo went to the kitchen and Jess followed her.

 

"I'll help you." Jess offered.

 

"But you might fall asleep while you carry the drinks out." Soo poked her tongue out at her.

 

"I only fell asleep once. I don't do it all the time." Jess smiled.

 

"But you've only been to my place once before now so I'm expecting you to fall asleep again tonight." Soo made fun of her.

 

"Okay well I'll make a deal with you. If I don't fall asleep tonight, you have to let me give you a goodbye hug tonight, okay?"

 

"What sort of deal is that?" Soo asked.

 

"It would be another small step for you Soo."

 

"I'm starting to think that you just really want to hug me."

 

Jess smiled at her. "No the hug would be just another small step nothing more than that." she grinned.

 

"Okay then only if you don't fall asleep." Soo said before they took the drinks out to the other two.

 

"I guess we should order the pizza now." said Yuri.

 

"Oh yeah let's go look on my computer for which ones you want to order." Soo said before they all headed to the computer.

 

"Yum pizza, I love pizza." said Yoona.

 

"I'll just grab my phone to place the order." Soo said as she headed back to grab her phone.

 

Yuri reached for the computer mouse and moved it so the screen would come on but when it did they all could see what the last search was that Soo had done on her computer, it was :

 

How long should a person wait to date after their spouse dies?

 

The three of them stood looking at the computer screen as Soo walked back over with her phone. She then realized she hadn't closed the screen and they could all see the search she had made.

 

Once Yuri noticed Soo was standing there she closed the search and then looked at Soo.

 

Sooyoung didn't know what to think or feel, she took off to her bedroom in tears................