Train Ride

Vmin Drabbles

It's summer time, and people are going out to the beaches or pool to cool down themselves and that's what exactly Jimin did. Stepping his foot on a train that takes him from his school dorm on Seoul to his hometown, Busan. The raven haired boy sigh for having to catch a train that is fortunately less packed than the bus that he rode earlier, but then puffed in a slight annoyance after realizing that the seats are all taken. 

He put on his earphone and silenly humming along to the beat of the song. Halfway through the train trip, he realized that now they're going to passes by Daegu. He glanced around and seeing that more people has gotten in on the train and it's now slightly packed.

 

Jimin straightened up and trying to get in a more comfortable standing position, and trying to give himself a bit more space in between other people. He had a tiny slight of claustrophobia, not the way to have a major reaction, but still uncomfortable in the very least.

 

'We are now arrived in Daegu, for those who're leaving this train, please check your belongings.'

 

The raven haired hears the tiny bit of information from his earphone and sighing, preparing for the uncomfortable tug every now and then when people get a bit too close to him. He glance at peoples who were pouring in for a bit and paying back his attention on his phone. Realizing that there are people standing near him. He took glance for the one that standing in front of him. A boy, around his age, he guess, and a fluff of blazing orange hair. The said boy suddenly looked at Jimin, and he turns away to pretend to play with his phone. A bit embarrassed for staring longer than he intended to.

 

Suddenly the train become a bit shaky, and Jimin, unfortunately kinda lost his balance and his reflex are not quick enough for him to grab the grip, and for an icing for the cake, he trips over his own bag.

 

'Great. Just great. And I'm gonna fall and getting embarrassed.' thought Jimin when he feels his body swaying away. He was sure that he's gonna fall and preparing for atleast he bump into someone.

'Huh? Eh? I'm not falling?' The raven haired thought, and when he opens his unknowingly closed eyes, all he saw was orange. Jimin blinks once, twice, and when it's finally sunk in, he's just realizing what kind of situation that he's currently into.

Jimin feels the hands which grabbed his waist to prevent him from falling, and he feels his cheeks are getting hot. And the position that he's currently in is not helping at all. He's still there when he was standing, the only thing that change was the hand on his waist, still not leaving, another hand that was supporting the now suddenly too close body of the orange haired boy who has been saving him from the embarrassement of falling, right next to his head, and when he looks up, he founf a pair of dark brown orbs staring right at him.

 

"Hey, um... uh... T-Thanks." Jimin cursed himself for stuttering as he tried to stand properly.

"No probs. You okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks to you, um...." said Jimin, at a loss of not knowing the name of his saviour.

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."

"Ah, yes. Taehyung-ssi. Um, I'm Jimin. Park Jimin."

"...Taehyung's fine. You can't be much older than I am. Let's just speak comfortably." said the orange haired, now Taehyung as he fixed his position, stepped back a bit to give Jimin some personal space.

"Ahaha, okay then. Taehyung-ah." Jimin will never gonna admit that he's kinda missed the warm hand that has been supporting himself for that short moment.

 

Their conversation continues, and as they finally arrived at Busan and had to part ways, both of them secretly wished that they can meet again someday.