After School Practice

Vmin Drabbles

 

normal highschooler au!

The first time Jimin met Taehyung was on Jin's 23th birthday. Apparently, the said boy is Jin's little cousin. Since the boy's parents are currently away for business overseas, he stayed at Jin's apartment for a while. If Jimin needs to be honest, he did think that Taehyung is one boring guy at a first glance, but a couple minutes later, he's already doing some weird dance together with Hoseok.

"Ah, Jimin! C'mon let's dance together!" called Taehyung when he stood right in front of Jimin and dragging Jimin up before he can't even say anything. Apparently they're going to do a super weird dance version of Bigbang's Fantastic Baby with Jungkook and Namjoon joining along.

Taehyung is a definition of weird. He's kind, but weird. Like he came from different planet, or dimension. Jimin didn't even know what the younger even thinking, and then suddenly a text came from Taehyung saying that Jimin needs to go out in 5 minutes and when the older hot out from his house, he saw Taehyung standing there, grinning his stupid yet contagious grin and drag Jimin out to a nearby convenience store and eating ice cream together.

 

".......You know you can tell me beforehand when you want to eat ice cream though. We can just met here without having you to pick me up to my house.............."

"Well, I just have this idea of having ice cream when I just walk out from your block though. I didn't plan to go to your house, even. I'm just bored and my feet kinda lead me there and I just text you to come down. And you know what happen next." said Taehyung, shrugging his shoulder and snatch Jimin's ice cream.

When Jimin finally processed what Taehyung said, he just stared, jaw dropped, right at Taehyung in disbelief. And he didn't even realized Taehyung had snatched his ice cream away.

 

Jimin didn't know when he and Taehyung starting to hangout together frequently, or how they ended up being best friends. Or, when Jimin starts feeling something towards Taehyung.

Maybe when his hamster pet died, and Jimin feels so upset, and Taehyung just happened to walk on him when he cried in his room, confused. And when Jimin told him that his ChimChim died, the younger didn't say anything and just hugged Jimin tighter and wiped off his tear after he calmed down.

"He's going to a better place, thanks to his caring, loving, and cute owner that has been taking care of him." said Taehyung, patting Jimin's hair.

"Thanks, Tae....." said Jimin, smiling shyly.

Or maybe when he need to cancel their plan to a new game store in the neighborhood because he forget that had to stay behind to attend his dance practice for the school's competition in 2 months, even after texting the younger the reason of the sudden cancellation and an 'i'll make it up to u later', and when Jimin got out from school at 5, he saw Taehyung. Waiting for him in front of the school gate, earphones tucked in and singing along to Infinite's new song.

And when Taehyung finally noticed Jimin when the older is just a step away from him, Taehyung smiles and takes Jimin to the game store.

"I thought I did sent you a text that you can go with your friends or the hyungs or kookie to accompany you....." said Jimin as they walk home from the game store.

"Yeah, you did."

"And........?"

"................What.....?" 

"And....... Why are you, at my school, waiting for me? I mean, aren't you bored? It was like... 3 or 4 hours...."

"..........I did text you back tho. Bet you didn't check your phone."

"...You did??" asked Jimin as he search around for his phone. He opened it and saw. And there it is.

 

'one unread message'

 

Jimin opened the text and read it.

 

'Nah, it's ok. I'll wait for u. Gotta hang on 711 first and pick u at 4.30 tho.'

 

"Oops. Sorry." said Jimin, smiling sheepishly.

"Nah, nevermind."

"But still! You didn't even have to wait for me, Taehyung-ah."

"I'll do anything for you though, Jimin-ah." said Taehyung. Jimin blushed. 

 

And as Taehyung turns his head and stare at him, Jimin swear that his heart stopped for a bit.