Ch 7

Without Glasses

"Ok. Now where is your first aid kit?"

 

"I-It’s fine. It doesn’t hurt that much."

 

I frowned. "You’re lip and cheek are bleeding. It’s not fine."

 

"O.kay. In the kitchen, in the far right cupboard," he pointed.

 

"Is there anyone else home?" I asked as I head over the kitchen.

 

"No."

 

"Your parents?"

 

"Both of my parents are out working."

 

"Ok," I said and hesitated before asking, "and Hansol? Does he live nearby?" I asked as I grabbed the kit and walked toward the sink.

 

There was a long pause before Hyosang answered. "Uhm he lives here."

 

"Oh ok." I wasn’t sure why he paused before answering. I wondered if it was, because Hansol seemed angry at me that he didn’t want my knowing he lives with him. I also wanted to ask who were those guys that fought him, but I decided to let him say whenever he's comfortable.

 

I tore a piece of towel paper, wet it with running water and returned back to the living room. "Here. We have to clean your wound first." Hyosang leaned back. I couldn’t see his expression, but it looked like he didn’t want to anyone touching his wounds. "It’s not going to hurt. I’m just going to clean it," I assured him. I saw his shoulders relaxed a bit.

 

I sat down beside him slowly closing in the space between us. I wasn’t wearing my glasses so I had to move my face closer to his face to clean his wounds properly. I held up the wet paper towel and started wiping the blood off on his lips first. When I’m done with it, I asked him to take his glasses off, so I could clean the wound on his cheek near his eye. I leaned back a little as his take it off, and it was just then I realized his face was all red. He was blushing. I could feel my cheeks begun to warm up.

 

Aww. He’s so cute! I thought. Then, that’s when I saw his face up close and well. I gasped. He was Kidoh. And just to make sure I brushed his fringe off his face. It was really Kidoh.

 

He saw my shock and turned his head away quickly.

 

A part of me had the urge to go and leave him be, but the other part of him wanted to stay. Then I decided to stay. He was hurt. I could just quickly treat his wounds and then go.

 

After cleaning his wounds, I went through the kit for some cream and bandaid.

 

Unexpectedly, Kidoh spoke up, "I've been wondering, why are you so mean at school?"

 

"What do you mean I'm mean? Aren't you the one who's always mean to me?" I crunched my nose.

 

"Huh? I am not. You're the one who always yells at me!" he said as his voice starting to rise?

 

"Yelling at you? Well aren't you the one always glaring at me! The first time we meet in class, you bumped into me-"

 

"I apologised!"

 

"I know, but it didn't feel like you meant it!"

 

"I did mean it!"

 

"It didn't look like it! And like I said you keep glaring at me at school!" I shouted feeling like our conversation was becoming a loud one. Even though we were just sitting beside each other.

 

I expected to Kidoh to shout back, but he didn't. Instead in replied to a normal tone, "I wasn't glaring. I was squinting. I don't wear my glasses in school, so I couldn't see anything. But by squinting, it eases the blurriness even just a bit."

 

"Then why don't you wear them?" I said slowly trying to calm down.

 

"You know the guys earlier, we were in the same class last year at my old school. Looking like an easy target, they always picked on me.. with my thick glasses and timid personality.. Every lunch time and after school they would pick on me. They would push and bump me in the hallway whenever they can. They would always choose me to do their errands. I didn’t really mind it since they didn’t hurt me much as long as I do whatever they want."

 

"In other words a slave?" He tilted his head to the side and shrugged.

 

"Hansol didn’t mind it either, only because I told him not to. That it was just better to not do anything. He agreed, but as time goes he couldn’t take it anymore.. I was out on an errand when Hansol decided to confront them. He told them to get off my back, but they didn’t. They just laughed at him. From then on, they shifted from me to Hansol." Kidoh shook his head. "They thought that tormenting Hansol was the same as tormenting me, and it was. I told them off, but they just shoved me aside.." he paused, "that’s when I decided we move to another school."

 

I didn’t know what to say, so I kept quiet. Kidoh looked tough in school that I wouldn’t have thought he went through such misery. And so was Hansol, he looked happy and carefree like a younger brother that was protected instead of protecting others.

 

We sat there in silent for a minute before I turned back to him to continue cleaning his wound and applying cream on it. He looked surprised, but he didn’t say anything. I moved closer to his face to get a clear look at his wounds.

 

I didn’t notice how close I was, I concentrated on getting it done. Kidoh was staring at me as I work. When I saw his eyes, that’s when I noticed it. I became flustered and felt my face heat up and felt awkward. I hoped he couldn’t see my uneasiness. Or how could he just sit there with his straight face. Didn’t he feel uncomfortable at all? Would you stop staring! was what I wanted to say but didn’t.

 

Instead, to fill the uncomfortable silence, I said, "You know, I’d rather you clean yourself up, but since you helped me I’ll do it. And I doubt you’ll even do it yourself. I still can’t dismiss your glaring at me in school."

 

"I wasn’t! I don’t wear my glasses to look unexposed to bullying. And no one will tease me and Hansol for looking the same and susceptible to torments. That’s why I look like glaring when I really just squinting."

 

"So I’m guessing Hansol wears the scarf to differentiate him from the others," I guessed rolling my eyes.

 

"Right," Kidoh widened his eyes in confusion. I thought he must’ve wondered how I knew.

 

"Just a lucky guess. We both have poor sight here."

 

"Ok? So why don’t you wear yours?" he asked.

 

"I just don’t want to."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"I feel like when I don’t wear them, I can just be myself moving freely. I don’t have to get affected by other people’s judging eyes and their judgement at all."

 

"Hm, I understand."

 

"Do you really?" I raised an eyebrow.

 

"Yeah. When I started not wearing my glasses in school, I felt less nervous. Except when you pick on me."

 

"Yeah yeah sure," I intentionally pressed hard on his wound.

 

"Ow! That hurt!"

 

I grinned. Then I pressed it one more time.

 

"Ow! Stop!"

 

I laughed. I didn’t know why but it was funny teasing him.

 

"You think that’s funny?"

 

"Yeah it is," I continued laughing. Then he suddenly started tickling me. "Ya! Haha! Stop!"

 

He didn’t stop, and he eventually chuckled at the sight of me losing myself.

 

"Ok! Haha! Stop!" this time he did. "Ok let’s just finish this," I said taking a bandaid out to put on the cut by his lips. His lips that looked so soft and plumped. I wanted to touch it and feel it’s warmness and softness.

 

Wait.. What am I thinking? Stop! I need to concentrate!

 

I stuck the bandaid onto his wound. Then I took another one for his cheek. Just as I put it on his cheek, I noticed that Kidoh was staring at me, again. This time he didn’t falter. Normally, I would turn away, but there’s something in his gaze that captured my eyes in place. Just like earlier at the park.

 

Unexpectedly, he leaned closer that only a grain of rice was the space remaining between our nose. I didn’t lean backwards. I just stayed the way I was. He leaned a bit closer, again. I could feel his warm breath.

 

Stop! Push him back! Too close! I kept thinking in my head, but I was in a daze.

 

Kidoh started to move closer to my lips, when the front door bursted open. Just as the person appear in the room, I pushed the bandaid into Kidoh wound.

 

"Ow!" Kidoh screamed immediately putting his hands on his cheek. I bit my lip; I didn’t realize that I had put strongly.

 

"Sorry! I gotta go now!" I turned around and headed out the room. Then I saw it was Hansol who came home. His mouth dropped open when he saw me.

 

"What are you doing here?" he glared. I didn’t stop to answer. I continued my way out.

 

"W-wait!" Kidoh called out, but I was already outside the house.

 

I heard Hansol gasped, "Hyung! What happened? Did she do that to you? That girl!"

 

"N-no, she didn’t," he tried to explain.


Oh shoot! That was close! Oh Yuji that was close!

 

 


How was it?

Everything's in this chapter (I think). I explained it all!
I hope it was clear and understandable =. =.

Hope you like it!
Thank you for reading!