Meeting

It'll probably change

Mino was so absorbed with his music that he didn't notice the skinny boy that sat a little bit behind him.

He was feeling very anxious and angry since the meeting with his hyung and like always, that state of mind helped him with his writing. His lyrics were always raw and powerful. Maybe a little bit too much but it seemed to with the crowd, a certain crowd at least, male teenagers mostly. The crew used tot tell him it could come out as childish and immature but he overcame this with his excellent word play.

Right now he was practicing a particularly elaborate, energised and cheeky sort of rap. A very creative take on the popular frog on the well tale. He was so into it and the music was playing so loud it was a miracle that he heard someone laughing. It wasn't a very loud laugh, but the sound was very deep and husky not to notice. It was a rich sound, much like his own.

Mino removed his enormous headphones and turned around. He faced a very pale boy, in his opinion, he would've thought he was sick if he hadn't notice that glee in his eyes that said he was more alive than him, probably.

Normally people would feel at least a little bit ashamed when interrupting someone but this boy still had a grin across his face.  It wasn't a judging smile, or malicious, not even embarrassed, it was a genuine smile. Full of knowledge, of what? he didn't know but it just seemed like that.

Without even noticing, Mino smiled back and if this wasn't strange enough, he talked to him

 

- Hey

- Oh hi! Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt

- I know.  -And he actually really did know.- So what is it?

- Your rap. It was just fun, how long you've been performing?

- What?

- I thought that you didn't sound like an amateur

- Well, I'm no pro so I guess I'm still an amateur.  - He smirked. The guy had no idea how much this subject upset him.

- Oh right. I get that, but even if I don't have a signed contract I still don't think I'm a complete rookie you know?

- You rap too?  - He really didn't look like a rapper Mino thought.

- Hahaha no!  I have a band

That smile again…

- Rock of course 

- Of course?

- You just give that vibe. You sing?

- Nah, guitar. But I may just start singing. our vocalist is like a moai statue hahaha

- A what?

- You know! those statues in easter island, the expressionless ones with a giant nose that… - He stopped looking at the confused face of the rapper - Sorry, people say my humour is really weird.

Mino laughed out loud. The boy immediately got his smile back

- Did you just transfer to this school?

- Not recently, last year actually. I've been here all this term

- Oh. I haven't seen you before sorry. What year are you?

- Last year. And it's ok, it's not like I come here often

- Just enough to graduate right?

- Exactly hahaha

- And for food

- What? Food? It's not that good though

- Better than ramen everyday

- I guess… I really love ramen

- Me too! I just feel like eating a proper meal once in a while you know?

- Yeah

- I'm Seungyoon by the way

- Mino

 

The surroundings were getting quieter. That meant that classes had started again. Neither of them thought about going to class so they just stayed there.

After a while they decided to go. Both of them were going the same way but weren't talking anymore as each was immersed once again in their respective music. They separated at some point acknowledging the other just with a head nod.

 

*****

It had been a while, a long while, since Seungyoon felt that comfortable with someone at school. He didn't think about his guitar all that while and that actually said a lot.

He got back home and started working in a melody he thought of while listening to Mino's rap. It has also been a long while since he felt that inspired.

So when it was time to go to the bar he felt in a better mood than how he have felt in previous days. he didn't even got as mad like usual when he found out their vocalist wouldn't show up.

   - I'll do it, let's just go to the stage. - He felt an urge to play this day.

 

Everyone was surprised. They were dreading telling him the news cause they knew he'd be nagging for at least an hour.

It was a good show. Yoon, as his friends called him, had a great, powerful voice. The sole reason he never agreed to be the vocalist for any of his bands was that he rather focus only on his guitar when they played.

 

- Guys, I need to tell you something.

- You're leaving the band

- What? Eh… right

- Cool. This was getting nowhere anyway.  -Drummer speaking

- We're way too young and you're way too serious for a band of high schoolers to be honest Yoon. - The bassist, of course, the lazy bum, whatever.

- I guess we were all thinking the same thing then. At last we agree on something, Seungyoon mused on this.

- So, let's call each other once in a while at least

- Yoon, you tell the owner about this ok?

- Sure. Bye guys.

 

And like that it was over. Again. Fine. He'll just start again and now he'll seriously think about it. He'll now make his own band. He won't accept invitations anymore. He won't play with half-serious guys anymore. He was just tired of going nowhere. Music was way too important for him to keep playing around like this.

 

The next day he went back to school ignoring the surprised looks and sarcastic remarks of what a miracle it was to see him going two days straight. He wandered through the halls for a while but didn't spot Mino anywhere, it was a little bit disappointing. He felt that he could talk to him for a while. Not even about his music or his problems. Maybe about food.

He decided to go to the back of the school to see if he found him there, but to no avail. There was another person though

- Hey

- … hi

- Ehmm.. how you've been?

 He smirked. What is this about? Why would he care? Why ws he even talking to him?

- Better than how I was months ago that's for sure.  - Seungyoon's tone was dry. Most strange in him.

- Right… look Yoon listen I-

- Don't call me that. I have to go now. Bye Seunghoon.

 

He left. He didn't hear the other guy whisper "Seunghoon now huh?"

He didn't even wanted to wait for lunch. He left. He had a lot of work to do.