I'm so bad at this :)

It'll probably change

There he was again. Sat in the same spot, with the same food in front of him, the same drink. He even had that little notebook and those massive headphones with him again. Sometimes he didn't even touch the food, as engrossed as he was with whatever he was writing. 

 

He was most intriguing but at the same time very annoying. Sometimes he spent hours there taking the space of a better costumer that would actually buy stuff. It wasn't good for business he thought, but at the same time it wasn't his business so he didn't care much. Why did he go there anyway? is not like the place was pretty or the food was extraordinary or the people were interesting. All they ever got were high school students (girls if he paid attention but of course he didn't) and the occasional professor cause they did have a great coffee. "Of course, I do it" he thought.

 

It really shouldn't bother him so it bothered him that it did so today he decided to talk to him.

 

"Hey, we're about to close"

He didn't hear, obviously he didn't, who would with those things. A tap on the shoulder and he was lucky it wasn't any more than that.

 

  • Yes?
  • I said we're about to close
  • Really?
  • Ehmm… yeah.  -What do you mean really? if it wasn't real I wouldn't tell you
  • Oh ok, let me just pick this up, I'm sorry
  • For what?
  • Delaying you? er… maybe?
  • It's fine anyway. Why didn't you eat that? was it bad? 
  • Eh? what?  -His eyes rested on the singly bitten hamburger and the slightest blush appeared on his face. He smirked, that was unexpected.  - Oh, sorry
  • I just wanted to know about the food, costumer opinion is important for a business. If you don't want to eat it's not my problem.
  • Er… right. No, it was good I just kind of… forgot. Would you mind giving me this to go?
  • No I wouldn't, it's my job. Would you like the coffee to go to? You didn't even taste it? Did you forget too? You always leave it. We have a really good coffee here you know? I'm really good at making it. Why would you ask for coffee if you don't like it?

 

Now he's done it again. The boss kept him because he was good at his job but sometimes he'd forget that people who went there were his costumers and they deserved a proper treatment, whatever that was.

 

  • It is good… I'm sorry I left it.  - This guy really likes to apologise doesn't he? It was very different from the impression he gave. On the other hand he didn't get mad so he'll just let it pass. 
  • It's fine, let me prepare this for you.
  • Right, thanks.

 

He quickly packed the food and put the coffee on a recycled cardboard cup and gave them to him. After uttering another quick apologise he left as if dreading the young barista would start with another round of questions. He, of course, didn't think too much of it but while cleaning the table he suddenly remembered his intentions of asking what he did every day there not eating, he could not eat anywhere so why here? So the discovery of that little book in one of the chairs took him by surprise.

 

Should he read it? It really wasn't any of his business but at the same time he felt it was, and to be honest satisfying his curiosity was more important than keeping the privacy of a stranger. So instead of putting the book in the little box they had for forgotten or lost things, he put it in his bag and took it home. He shouldn't be that obvious about it, he thought. Nothing major could happen from it right? He'll probably come back tomorrow anyway, he could give it back then.

 

He put on his earphones and humming along to stranger's melodies he walked to his apartment thinking of skipping dinner as it was too much of a hassle and even when he won't admit it, he was sort of excited to see what he'd find about that guy. 

 

So he enter his rented room, there was nothing much in there but for some reason it felt cozy. He liked this place a lot and spend many hours here, most of his free time actually. He some music and started reading… 

 

He smirked. Once again it was totally unexpected.