His turn

It'll probably change

"I'll call you later! I'm sor-" He watched as his friend was taken away by some weird dude to keep him safe from the mob of fans. It wasn't easy to talk to him this days so when he called saying he was gonna go and perform in the old venue he was really excited about it. Little did he thought about the consequences of an idol going to a small place like that.

First of all he got there late because of his job and couldn't meet him before the concert. And then all this crazy girl fans started to come in and he was shoved to the back of the room in a second. Years of experience in concerts allowed him to get back to the front row. There he watched him perform -albeit getting a little deaf form all the screaming.

No matter what the critics or anybody said, he still had it, the flow, the beat, the lyrics spurt from his mouth were enthralling, raw and full of emotion. "I could never do that". That's what he always thought when he saw his friend. He doesn't even understand how at some point they were part of the same crew. "I'm so much below his level". Maybe thoughts like this were the reason he left at the end. He made other excuses, he could never say this to them, but at the end he had run away, like always. 

 

"Hey I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I saw you in the crowd, that stupid face of yours haven't changed a bit" He missed his laugh. 

"Whatever you stupid puppet, how many procedures have they done to your face? I can't seem to recognise you anymore". 

- "The magic of makeup my friend.  And one that's handsome remains handsome no matter what. But don't be too sad, I was actually able to see your face among that many fans. And you saw how beautiful my fans are right? you should be proud about this". 

"Hah, whatever…" 

- "Do you have time now? come to the place where we used to meet, I'll buy you breakfast". 

- "Of course you will hyung, do you expect me to pay?" And he hung up. Of course he had time. He had nothing but time… time, ideas, and dreams and zero motivation.

 

The place was hidden enough but the guy still felt the need to wear a hat, shades and a mouth cover… "heh, he really is a celebrity now". They talked about the old crew while eating, nothing much, it was always like this. There was so much he wanted to tell him and a lot more that he wanted to ask but he didn't want to be a burden so he just listened. 

"You've been rapping? Making tracks? Making music?". He knew the answer to that, why did he have to ask?.

"No. I've been busy, I have to work you know that" - "Well yeah we all have to work but take music away from us and what do you have left? I don't know what's gotten into you. You used to be so passionate about everything" 

"It's not like I have a choice hyung, there's nothing out there for me. I work and then go home, everything is so repetitive what am I supposed to write about? You? Them?" Oh oh…now he's done it.  -"How everyone seems to be finding their place in the world and I'm just stuck here? The talentless me that can't seem to finish anything? The me that always needs someone because I don't think I can do it alone? I can't do it hyung, I see you in stage and I don't see myself there. I admire you when I should be mad of jealousy that it's you and not me. I don't have greed. Passion? You are right, I don't have it. And so? Will you shut me down too? Too cool to hang around losers like me?"

Silence. He knew he had gone too far and was acting childish but nowadays he really didn't care. He didn't care about many things to be honest.

"Are you done yet? No passion you say? No greed? I saw you yesterday. You were dying to be up there with me. You can lie to yourself if you want but you can't lie to me. I know you. And you know what? You are right, I don't hang with losers, I only surround myself with people that can make me grow, of people that will make me want to try harder. You are like that. You are talented, you have something no one else has. And I know what happened with your family messed you up even when you won't admit it. Now when you stop being such an I'll talk to you again. Right now I don't even feel like being with you".

He payed and left just like that.

 

He'll probably won't see him again in a long while. Whatever. It was still early, he didn't want to go home and so there was only one place for him to go and be unnoticed.

 

He arrived at lunch time and just stayed in his usual place where no one ever went. He took out his little notebook and started writing some lyrics. No matter how much he pretended in front of others this book was always with him and he wrote so much it was almost full. The beat sounding through his headphones was the same he has been using since the old days, it was perfect for him and he never got tired of it, it calmed him no matter what. That hyung wrote it. He was starting to get inspired when he suddenly stopped as he heard someone coming…