He is last

It'll probably change

- "I'll get going now". There was no response.

 

This was common and the words were uttered more as a systematic action. He didn't really expect someone to answer him back. 

He was expected to be in the studio so that's were he was headed. At the beginning at least. But as usual, he decided that today (as every other day) wasn't a very good day for classical piano and instead headed towards the club.

 

Classical piano. When he was around 5 he was considered a prodigy. He had a good ear for music so playing came easy to him. Even so, as time passed by, it was obvious he didn't have a very bright future in the classical world. He was good yes, but average, with many others just like him. It didn't really helped that he actually didn't like it very much. It was more about pleasing his parents. Parents that of course, refused to accept the fact that his son wasn't good enough so they kept paying for extremely expensive tutors. Not that they couldn't afford it but he was just about done with anything that had to do with that world. He wouldn't dare to say it anyway. So everyday he left home at the appointed time and pretended that the piano was still the only thing in his mind.

 

Which wasn't entirely a lie, but the kind of music his parents wanted him to do had nothing to do with the music he'd been listening to. 

In one of his escapes somehow he ended outside of a bar and he happened to listen to a band rehearse. He had listen to rock music before of course, but somehow listening to it live was completely different. That he understood, like the difference between listening to a CD and going to a theatre to hear the full orchestra play.

He entered and just spent the entire afternoon listening to this band play. After a while he decided they weren't very good musicians but they had what he lacked and so he immediately liked them. Specially the guitarist. That passion he showed, he was sure he could never play like that.

 

"Are you having fun?". A middle aged man with a great beard and dreads was standing beside him. For how long he didn't really know. "He looks like someone from a book" It's what he thought. And he was probably right, that man had a very cliched image, and cliche enough, he invited him to stay and come whenever he wanted.

And come he did. Almost every afternoon after school, at the time where he was supposed to be with great Mr. Tutor that came all the way from Italy. This made him happier and as simple minded as he was, he didn't think much of the consequences.

 

He did simple jobs in the bar, and sometimes, when no one was there, he would play the abandoned keyboard that apparently was too old for anyone to notice. Little did he know that someone actually did notice it, how it wasn't dusted anymore and how that weird kid that stared at people all the time but never really talked to anyone except for the owner was always lurking around it with a lost look, as if he wasn't really in this world.

That was enough to spark his interest. So one day he stayed behind and the oblivious kid didn't even noticed. He just went to the keyboards and started playing such a unique tune he didn't really know if it was good or not.

 

"You don't really know what you are doing right?"

"What?"

"That. You've never played the keyboards before. Did you write that? It doesn't really sounds good. But it's not bad either I guess. At least you try which is by far more than the douches I play with…"

"What?"

"hahaha… just, nothing. See you"

"Sure. bye"

 

'What a weird kid' both of them thought.