The first

It'll probably change

The road seems darker than usual. Yes, it was past 3am I'll give you that, but even so this blackness was not common. Maybe it's because it's been raining a lot, or maybe it's because he just wants to see it that way.

Either way it doesn't really matter. He has followed this road so many times that his feet know every nook and crook of it, every lose pebble and every dent. It was engraved in his memory and he hated it.

 

Arriving to a cold home didn't really make things better. "Well… at least I have somewhere to sleep…". The note from his mother told him about dinner: cold rice and kimchi in the fridge. 'You can make some ramyun if you want, I bought your favourite flavour'. Great. He didn't want to give her another worry so he prepared the noodles and ate them just for the sake of it. They tasted horrible.

 

Once in his room he put on his headphones and proceeded to day dream about his favourite world - a world where he made music, where people liked his music and actually listened to him. Not like all those that went and heard the band play in that bar just because the place gained a little popularity when the last regulars had signed a contract with a pretty decent label. They didn't care about the music at all. They just wanted to be part of a movement they didn't even understand. The return of indie and real rock. "Huh, as if they knew about it, all so plastic and fake they probably only know about the Ramones from all the shirts going around". He used to sigh a lot with this thoughts "All those amazing bands reduce to a fashion statement…". 

So at the end he just played, losing himself in his guitar and trying to enjoy it, which let's be honest, was getting more and more difficult. He would probably quit this band as well, when it began to feel like work and not a escape, that's when he knew he had to leave. If he thought things thoroughly, after 5 failed attempts maybe the bands weren't the problem. But right now, let's just leave it like that.

 

What was he missing? Wasn't love for music all that was necessary? Apparently not.

He made a decision that night and for once in many weeks he slept soundly. Tomorrow he might actually get up in the mood to go to school. It was needed if he wanted to graduate, which he didn't, or didn't care, which one is worse?

 

He arrived late, but it was better than an absence I guess. He took his usual sit and slid through the classes unnoticed. Unless you count the routinary teacher's jokes about him. "oh, so Mr. Rockstar decided to come today", "Are we sure we're not having a lunar eclipse tonight?". Seriously, teachers must have a course for bad puns and stupid remarks. Not like he cared to be honest. There weren't many things he cared about nowadays. Music and his mom, that's about it. And food.

 

Lunch time came and at last he gave some sign of excitement. Probably cause he'll finally be able to eat something nice and warm. He was among the firsts in line and the first ones to finish as he didn't eat as much as devour the food. 

And now with some time to spare, "what should I do?" Going back to the classroom was out of the question, he didn't need to be around those people longer than what was necessary. If he had at least brought his guitar he could go somewhere and play for a while… But what if something had happened to it here? He wasn't exactly popular…. not after he left his ehmm… friends. But music was so worth it he would do it again and he would face everything again if given the choice. 

 

He decided to go to the back of the school and maybe sleep there for a bit. Apparently, he wasn't the only one with that idea.