7/?

It'll probably change

Mino was frantic. He had many books were he wrote his lyrics but losing one of them was not an option. Specially the one where he literally poured his soul out after leaving the crew. Those lyrics were really personal, he just couldn't have lost it.  But he did. How was it possible he hadn't notice before? "Where the hell did I leave it? Think!" All that day he went to friend's houses where he had slept over the past few days but nothing.

 

At last there was only one place left. It was late and they were probably already closed. He decided to go anyway. 

He looked through the mirror and saw the young barista cleaning the tables. "Damn, I don't like that kid".  There wasn't really an option, he needed to know if the notebook was there so he tapped the glass.

 

The guy turned around and grinned. Mino didn't like that. Did he know why he was there? He wouldn't read it even if he found it right? He wasn't so sure though, he had just talked to him once but it didn't seem to Mino that he cared much about anything to be honest. And Mino was usually very perceptive about people's personalities.

 

- Hey

- Hello. Goodnight (Why did he felt he needed to be extra polite with him? He definitely seemed like he was younger). Sorry but I think I forgot something the last time I was here. Would you mind if I looked for it?

- At this time? And that was days ago, did you really have to come today so late?

- I….just… Listen, I won't take long I promise.

- Sure. Come in

Seriously this kid…

He looked at the seat where he always sat but it was obviously not there, nor was it in the bathroom or anywhere else customers could go.

- Hey, you wouldn't have seen a little small black notebook here would you?

- I did. It's here in the lost and found box.  -He smiled that half smile again

- Why didn't you tell me before?

- You didn't ask

- Oh that's so funny, Mino whispered.

- What was that?

- Nothing. Where is this box

 

The younger man went to the counter and a second later handed him his book.

 

- Thanks. He quickly scanned the book to see if there was any damage done. A sigh of relief cleared any doubt

- For such an important thing you sure took a long time to come.

 

Mino stared at him in a not very friendly way and he was pleased to see the boy flinched a little even when he immediately recovered and showed his chesire-like face at once. That glare always worked.

 

- How old are you anyway? You shouldn't use such a tone with someone older than you. Someone you don't know whose older than you to be more specific.

- How would I know if you're older?

- Do I look younger to you?

- That's not the point. Even if you look older you may not be-

- Yeah right, you look like you couldn't be more than 17.

A pout, Mino didn't expect that at all and so he laughed.

The boy blushed at this and for the first time he averted his eyes.

- I just turned 17…

- See? I'm older. So stop talking like that to me.

- It's not like we're gonna see each other a lot anyway. -Back to his sarcastic self huh?

- True.

- Oh… But we have a new type of coffee. Maybe you'll like it enough to actually drink it this t-… eh...

The stare must have been strong again cause he immediate added a very shy and almost inaudible '-shi' to that. Mino smiled.

- What was that?

- Eh… shi? How would I know what to say when I don't even know your name and here you are glaring at me an--

- Mino

- Oh. Mino-shi then

- Hyung. I'm just a year older anyway

Mino patiently waited as he noticed the kid didn't have a lot of social skills. That's something he didn't lacked in the least so he conceded this time.

- Oh! -There you go -  I'm Taehyun. 17 year-old student and part time barista. - He smiled, not the crooked smile anymore. Unexpected again.

- Nice to meet you I guess. I'll see about that new coffee. I'll let you close now.

- Yeah, thanks. You can get yourself out right? Just leave the door closed I'll be right there.

Mino just laughed and led himself out.

 

He got home. There was no one there as usual. He prepared some ramen and blasted his old class stereo with the new beat his hyung had sent him.

He sat to eat and opened the book, already with a million ideas crossing his mind.

 

- That ing brat

"This was actually very good, who would have thought? Still need some work though"

And there it was, a mini SD card taped ("He ing used tape!") in the last page of the notebook. 

 

- How could he act so normally! Coffee! Ha! That kid is in so much trouble