Hate?

Fate or Coincidence

The classroom was dead silent except for the slight vibrations of the beating wings of a fly and the beautiful voice giving the presentation. The owner of the voice was none other than the star student of the class, in fact the department, Park Jungsoo. He shifted his glasses slightly further up his nose as he moved on to the next slide. Flicking through the next page he was about to continue with his explanation when a slight snore, as if that of a Chihuahua’s flew through the room.

Those that were taking notes stopped what they were doing and those that weren’t tried to stifle their giggles rather unsuccessfully. The two teachers who had a moment ago been approvingly marking Mr. Park’s impressive presentation looked up startled.

The source of this unique sound sat by the window, facing the currently still Park Jungsoo. One hand propped under his chin, the other lying lazily over his legs, mouth slightly open, Mr. Kim Heechul slept on, unaware of his doings. Hangeng who had been sitting next to Jungsoo looked at Heechul and sensed the embarrassment he was giving to the man standing next to him. Not hesitating further he picked the pen and threw it at Heechul.

True to its mark, Heechul woke up rubbing his forehead. Yawning he looked around as he stretched. ‘What are we done?’ He asked oblivious.

‘KIM HEECHUL!’ One of the teachers stood up and yelled. However Heechul on the other hand just raised a delicate eyebrow. ‘What?’ He asked in an almost bored tone.

‘Don’t “what” me young man! What exactly do you think you are doing?! Jungsoo-shi is giving an excellent presentation and you choose to ignore it. At least have some respect!’ She lectured angrily. ‘You know what? Forget it, this won’t work with you. You will be staying behind this afternoon. I want you to go through Jungsoo-shi’s presentation and write me an essay on it.’

Heechul sat up straight at that. His eyebrows furrowed in anger. ‘Not another word young man. You will do as I say, or I can take you out of this course. You choose.’ She got up gathering her files and left the room as the bell rang signalling lunch.

Heechul sat stock still as all the students save himself, Jungsoo and Hangeng filed out of the room. Hangeng watched worriedly. ‘If you wish I could help you with the essay, perhaps my presentation was a bit hard to understand. It was probably boring. I could explain it in a simpler way?’ Jungsoo asked softly.

Shaking out of his stupor, Heechul glared at Jungsoo before replying, ‘I’d rather die.’ With that he got off his seat and left the room. Hangeng running after him. Jungsoo stared after him, a smile tugging at the ends of his lips; shaking his head he sighed as he gathered his things.

 

Outside in the hallway…

 

‘Yah! Heechul ah! Wait!’ Hangeng shouted as he ran after Heechul. Frustrated and angry Heechul stopped and turned around. ‘What?’ She asked irritated.

‘What’s wrong with you dude? I know you don’t like Jungsoo hyung but you didn’t have to be that way. Besides what you did earlier was wrong and disrespectful!’ Hangeng said disappointed.

‘Oi! Are you my best friend or his?! What’s wrong with me?! What’s wrong with you?! Why are you always supporting him?!’ Heechul cried angrily, tears stinging her eyes.

‘Aish, jinja! Heechul ah I’m not supporting him…I’m asking you to be more considerate though. I really don’t get why you are so angry with him! I don’t see anything wrong with him either; in fact he was one of the very few people who tried to understand me and didn’t discriminate me at all! Are you afraid of letting him come into our circle or something?’ Hangeng asked desperately.

Heechul stayed quiet, unable to respond.  Why do I hate him so much? He hasn’t done anything to me…maybe its cause we are polar opposites? Am I really afraid of letting him into our circle? Why do I feel like I am afraid? Why? Why? I don’t understand…

‘Ok, whatever. I’m sorry…what should I do now then?’ She mumbled shyly. Hangeng smiled gently. Taking hold of her hand he pulled her towards the direction that they just came from. Heechul looked up as she felt his touch. Her heart started beating loudly. For all the sane things in this world why do you have to do this to me Hannie? Will you ever feel the same way? She looked at his back forlornly.

‘JUNGSOO HYUNG!’ Hangeng shouted suddenly, letting go off Heechul’s hand he ran towards Jungsoo who had stopped and turned around to look at Hangeng smiling gently.

‘Hyung, sorry but is your offer still available? Will you still help Heechul?’ Hangeng asked panting. He nudged Heechul slightly who had reached his side.

‘Yeah whatever.’ He said bashfully, turning his head to the side. Jungsoo just smiled slightly.

‘Sure. I don’t mind. We can meet each other by the roof top if you want around 3. If that’s ok?’

‘That’s great hyung. Thank you so much! We’ll see each other then hyung! Bye!’ Hangeng said as he started running after Heechul who had started walking away.Why the hell is he so damn kind?! Argh! He’s making me feel weird...I probably just feel guilty…

 

Gym…

 

Heechul walked around in the gym casually looking around. By the corner he spotted the dance group, where Hangeng was also practicing. Donghae, Shindong, Hangeng, and two kids that he knows only by name danced to the music in the ipods. The one named Hyukjae, Donghae’s best friend laughed as the other named Sungmin and Donghae tripped over each other.

He walked over to them slowly smiling at their antics. He wasn’t good friends with either Hyukjae or Sungmin but they were good. ‘Yah! What are you fools messing around for again?’ Heechul said as he sat beside Hangeng.

‘Hyung! You’re so mean! We’re practicing for the finals.’ Sungmin pouted cutely. Aigo so cute Heechul thought Shiz why is my girly side showing?!

Heechul was going to respond to that when, ‘Hae ah!’ A voice called. Donghae half turned to meet the caller. When he saw the caller a smile burst onto his face, reverting to his child-like personality he danced over to his big brother.

He looks like a little child…I hardly see him like this…his brother must be really important to him to make him feel that way…Heechul thought.

They seemed to exchange some words, and some money (from Jungsoo to Donghae), before Jungsoo bid his leave. Ruffling his younger brother’s hair, he gave him a genuine smile, a smile unlike those that he gave usually; a smile that shined so bright it could rival an angel’s. Retaliating Donghae poked his brother’s cute dimple caused by the one in a million smiles slightly and bounced off before Jungsoo could respond.

So beautiful…he’s never smiled like that before…why not? That dimple…like an angel…Heechul thought dreamily before he brought himself back to reality. What the heck is wrong with me?! Why am I being this way? I re-re-really do h-h-h-hate him….right?

 

4 pm rooftop…

 

The trio sat by the ledges, Heechul finishing her essay while Jungsoo and Hangeng packed up their things. The session had gone somewhat smoothly due to Hangeng’s interventions to which Jungsoo had been eternally gratefully.

However for some odd reason, Heechul had not grumbled as much as she usually would have, the both had noticed. Satisfied with her work, Heechul smirked before packing up herself. ‘Yeah whatever, you better not be getting me into trouble again.’ Heechul mumbled before attempting to walk off.

Jungsoo just smiled. He turned around when he noticed that Heechul had left her pen by the ledge by accident. Picking it up he ran after her. ‘Heechul-shi! Heechul-shi!’

Heechul and Hangeng turned to look around to see Jungsoo running after them holding a pen. Heechul patted her pockets and realised that she has indeed left his pen. Nodding her thanks she reached out her hand to grab the pen, when they both felt a spark of shock fly through their bodies as their fingers just glanced over each other.

It was so brief yet for some odd reason so familiar. Heechul could feel her heart speeding up; it felt different to when Hangeng took hold of her hand this morning but at the same time strangely comfortable. What’s happening to me….?

 

Same time…somewhere secluded…

 

‘Boss, we’re still monitoring them sir. They seem to be quite a capable group sir. Your son seems to have a good head on his shoulders sir. They have analysed everything carefully and preparing to attack tomorrow sir. Your orders sir!’ The guy said as he saluted.

A man covered in shadows blew out smoke as he twirled his cigar around his fingers. He nodded thoughtfully. ‘Keep an eye on them. If any seem to be going against us…kill ‘em…even if it is my son…’ He ordered, giving his men a sadistic grin, once again proving to his men why this man was feared. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys I don't know about this chapter...I've got everything in my head but I don't know if it came out alright...please let me know how it is....if you any idea on improvement please feel free to let me know.

Coments are appreciated! Thank you everyone again!

Adios!