The Older Brother

Fate or Coincidence

Previously:

‘I think it is time you introduced yourself to us, Heechul shi, it is time.’ He said slowly, his voice holding an edge.

Introduce myself?Heechul thought. Does he mean for me to reveal my gender?!

 

12.30 pm…Sapphire Jades Headquarters….

 

Silence ruled through the room after Leeteuk’s command. Heechul did not respond to the surprise to her members, she did even bother with an insult. Instead she sat quietly staring at Leeteuk, with him staring right back at her. Whereas with Heechul, even though various thoughts of what she could do, and what she should do was running through her head, she was unable to look away from him; it was something about him that was pulling her towards him, as if she was getting in with his gaze. Blinking she composed herself, suddenly glad that he wore glasses during class.

‘It would be more appropriate if you discussed the matter with your members later and more personally. We are all aware of your situation and prefer if it was known by everyone; there is no getting around it.’ Leeteuk continued, still looking at Heechul who had now composed herself and appeared strong by glaring at him with hatred.

‘It will no longer be safe for you; so again I can offer you two options. Would you like to join the Sapphire Jades or would you prefer to change your identities and live a normal life? You may use the rest of the day to choose. You will all be allocated different rooms for tonight.’ With that he stood from his seat and looked at Hyukjae.

There was no need for a verbal discussion as Eunhyuk understood him almost immediately. Standing up, he gestured to Sungmin who also got up and passed the members of Athena their keys who absentmindedly received them. After they had distributed the keys they left in the direction of both Leeteuk and Yesung.

The only one remaining was the youngest member, Cho Kyuhyun who still had the one-sided glaring fest going on with Donghae. Finally Donghae noticed the death glare being sent his way and looked up with an annoyed expression. ‘What?’ he asked in a low voice, anger evident.

Kyuhyun just smirked in response. Getting up, he placed his hands in his pockets and turned around to leave, ‘Just cause you’re Teukie hyung’s blood brother doesn’t mean he’s gonna favour you.’ As he was leaving, he muttered ‘He loves me more!’ quietly that no one but Sungmin who standing by the doorway could hear. Sungmin only shook his head at his childishness.

‘Hyung?’ Ryeowook’s voice pulled Heechul from her thoughts.

‘Let’s go to the rooms and I’ll tell you guys.’ Heechul said before looking at his key and going down the corridor to the room from before. They were assigned the same rooms that they were asked to get ready in. Shrugging they followed their leader.

 

…Heechul’s allocated room…

 

Heechul stood by the door and waited for everyone to get settle down. Only Hangeng stood by her when everyone waited eagerly to know what their trusted leader had to tell them. She glanced at Hangeng, who nodded in confirmation, reassuring her of his support. Her heart swelled in pride when she thought about her loyal best friend.

‘Guys…I know this will come as a big shock to you after everything that’s been going on already but..I think it’s time that you knew. You should know by now that I trust and value all of you the most…you are my family…and I shouldn’t have hidden this from you…but…I-I..’ Heechul let out a strangled gasp as she tried to calm herself.

‘Hyung.’ Donghae called out, concern etched in his expressions. He had never seen his leader so flustered before. ‘We trust you.’

Heechul smiled warmly, she could always count on Donghae to bring her spirits up. ‘I’m a girl.’

There was complete silence after the announcement. No one said anything mainly because none of them were sure if they heard it right. After a couple of seconds, before Heechul totally lost her cool, Kibum spoke up.

‘You do look too pretty to be a guy…I always thought you were gay but this is a better option I guess.’ He shrugged nonchantly. That was enough stimulation to get the others rolling on the floor tears streaming down their cheeks.

‘Yah!’ Heechul half yelled but started smiling to see that none of the others seemed to mind about her gender; in fact some even looked relieved.

‘It’s true though hyung, I thought you were too feminine looking to be straight, that’s why I always stood away from you. I thought you and Hangeng hyung had a thing going!’ Siwon said still laughing. Heechul blushed at his comment, whereas Hangeng burst out laughing.

‘So hyung…noona…um…’ Ryeowook started after everyone tried to calm down slightly.

‘Just call me hyung, Wookie, it doesn’t change much.’ Ryeowook beamed after hearing that.

‘So hyung, why are you like this? And how come the Sapphire Jades know about you before we did?’ He asked pouting. The others began listening closely, clearly wanting the answer to their own similar questions.

‘Well I was brought up as a boy because my father wanted a guy to take over his empire. No one knew about my gender, except me, my parents and Hannie. I have no idea how the Sapphire Jades know about me. The reason we are in trouble is because it turns out that I have a younger brother…so basically my father decided that there was no longer any reason for me to stay alive.’ Heechul explained carefully, observing everyone.

‘Hyung…are we going to join them?’ Donghae asked in a low voice, his voice not holding any of its usual confidence or vigour. The others refused to look at him because they knew the minute they saw that it was Donghae’s brother who was the leader of the Sapphire Jades that Donghae was broken; after all he was betrayed by the person he trusted the most in this world.

 

Meanwhile in the opposite side of the manor….

 

Leeteuk sat on his bed looking silently at a photo. A slight knock sounded but he was unresponsive to the world. A blond head showed as the door opened to let the knocker in. Eunhyuk looked at his hyung sitting on the bed and sighed quietly. He walked over and stood by his shoulder and looked at the picture that was being viewed. It was an old photo of both Leeteuk and Donghae as kids.

‘Hyung, you ok?’ Leeteuk sighed loudly, finally aware of his right hand man’s presence.

‘I’m fine Hyuk-ah. I was hoping this wouldn’t happen even though I knew for sure it would. I wanted to protect my brother from this life, yet I let him continue with the life he was leading fully knowing. I tried changing his surname so none of our father’s enemies would realise that he had two sons, one son that needed to die would have been enough, Park Jungsoo. And Park Jungsoo died 13 years ago when I decided to join this world of criminals.’ Leeteuk said rubbing his eyes tiredly.

Eunhyuk placed his hand on his leader’s shoulder, and squeezed lightly offering his silent comfort. He knew that his leader showing weakness in front of the others; in fact he only spoke freely to him but he had never seen him cry.

‘Eunhyuk-ah do you regret joining me? Do you wish that you could have lived a normal life? And that you didn’t have to be friends with Donghae just because I asked you to?’

Eunhyuk looked startled at the questions. ‘Hyung I have never and I will never regret joining you! You saved my life hyung! Besides you gave me a choice…I chose to work for you! I was friends with Donghae before you asked me to be; in fact after you asked me to be his friend my main priority was to protect him! Hyung I have trusted you for 10 years, and I will keep following you until I am buried!’ He replied with confidence and pride.

‘Thank you Hyukjae. I appreciate it.’ Leeteuk smiled softly, offering him his genuine smile that he rarely offered. ‘Let’s go to bed, we have a lot of work to do tomorrow. The members of Athena will be joining our team. Heechul is not one to back down and lay down; she will want to bite back.’  He said chuckling.

‘Alright hyung. Goodnight.’

 

5 am…Sapphire Jades Headquarters…

 

Heechul yawned as she walked through the corridor. It was the first time in years that she had a good sleep, with nothing to hide. She suddenly felt so free. She smiled lightly and rubbed her eyes tiredly. She had come out to go to the toilet but she had no idea where it was and was now lost.

Just when she was about to turn and go back to her room, she heard the noises of machines from the end of the hallway. Curious she quickly walked over and opened the door slowly. However she soon regretted it as she saw the scene before her. Her breath hitched in as she saw the firm tight tanned muscles. The biceps gleaning with a layer of sweat.

Grunting Leeteuk noticed that Heechul was standing behind him. Shaking his fringe out of the way, he put the weights down and turned around. This only served to intensify Heechul’s feeling as she saw the beautifully sculpted six packs. She had seen both Siwon and Hangeng while exercising before but this was the first time she felt anything like this.

‘I believe you have notified your members?’ Leeteuk asked as he grabbed a t-shirt next to his towel and put it on quickly. Heechul looked away flushed.

‘Yes, I have. When will we be having the next meeting?’ She asked composing herself, and forcing her blush to disappear mentally.

‘It will be tonight by 7 pm. We will meet in the same meeting hall from last night. I have some errands to run. Make yourself comfortable. I shall see you later.’ Leeteuk said nodding his head slightly and walked past Heechul. She caught a whiff of his manly scent as he brushed past her; even though she grew up as a man, she really had to control herself from letting out a fangirly squeal.

She bit her lower lip as she tried to figure out why his presence was affecting her so much. Things that she wouldn’t even dream of doing just because it was too girly were coming automatically. Her crush on her best friend seemed to disappear as well! Sighing she shook her head and decided to take a cold shower to cool her head…now all she had to do was find the damn bathroom!

 

7 am…Kitchen…

 

After her shower and meditation period that she had every morning, Heechul decided to get breakfast. On her way out she met with some fully awake and some half-dead members who were being dragged by the more alive ones towards the kitchen. Shaking her head at the strangeness she just followed them towards the kitchen.

However all the members were more awake when they saw the unfolding scene in the kitchen; Sungmin was sitting by the table eating pumpkin pie, and Yesung was trying to feed lettuce to his pet turtles, whereas Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were both death glaring each other…well at least Eunhyuk was, one hand reaching towards a packet of strawberry milk.

Using their arrival as a distraction, Kyuhyun immediately grabbed the cartoon of strawberry milk. Clutching it close to his chest he decided to run when Eunhyuk jumped him from behind. The two rolled on the floor, both fighting for the cartoon of milk and the other two ignoring them.

‘Damn it! You stupid maknae! Give me back my milk!’ Eunhyuk shouted.

‘Get off of me stupid monkey hyung! You don’t need any more milk you old man!’

‘Brat you look older than I do! You’re tall enough! Besides you don’t even like it that much!’

‘I feel like to drink it now!’

The members of Athena just looked on in amusement. Seriously for the life of them they did not expect anything like this last night. They had expected them to be really cool, dark and keep silent all the time. Not like this! This looked more like two kid brothers squabbling and the two older ones ignoring them as though it were a daily occurrence anyway.

‘Yah! Hyuk-ah get off of Kyuhyun! Kyu give him his milk back!’ A voice commanded from behind. It was Leeteuk, giving off his manly appearance in black jeans and denim shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Again everyone was surprised with how different he looked to his “normal” self.

Surprisingly Kyuhyun actually gave back the milk, and instead opted to grumbling and mumbling. Pouting he kept his head facing down. Sighing Leeteuk walked over to him and ruffled his hair lightly, eliciting a bright smile from Kyuhyun with a childish expression. ‘Come on I brought some more milk. You can have your favourite.’

Hugging him tightly Kyuhyun ran off towards the refrigerator. Shaking his head, Leeteuk patted Eunhyuk’s blonde head slightly before moving to get his own breakfast. Through all this Donghae just watched with jealously. He felt a sharp pang in his heart every time his brother showed affection to one of the others. He felt an arm around him pulling him into a slight hug. It was Heechul, who offered him a slight smile.

 

7pm…Meeting room…

 

It was precisely 7 pm when all the members of both groups gathered and sat in the same seats from last night. The only difference was that Kyuhyun took Yesung’s place and sat next to Leeteuk on his left. He was busy typing things into his laptop. Satisfied with whatever he was doing he gave Leeteuk the go ahead sign, and sat back to watch.

‘We have decided to join the Sapphire Jades. However it is only for a short period…I want to get back at my father and stop him from being a threat to us, after that we will leave. We don’t want anything to do with you after that.’ Heechul said clearly, looking straight at Leeteuk.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Eunhyuk smirk, frustrated she thought that Leeteuk had probably thought about this already. ‘Of course I understand. That is precisely what we will be doing now. Kyuhyun go ahead.’

‘Sure hyung.’ Kyuhun pressed a button on his laptop, and the screen came alive on the large white wall behind Leeteuk. It was a picture a large diamond. ‘This is the Kohinore diamond, the second most priced diamond in the world. Your father, Heechul-shi is planning on stealing this diamond. Our job I believe is to steal this before he does, as this diamond is connected to large shipment of arms and drugs that your father will receive in exchange. We need to stop that cargo from entering our country.’

‘A diamond?! You are going to steal a diamond?! Do you have any idea how powerful my father is?! If this is going to affect him big time, he will be there to steal it himself! How do you suggest that we do this?!’ Heechul asked, her voice rising slowly thinking about the risks.

‘The whole robbing will take place during the Kohinore Charity the day after tomorrow. That is when we will have to act. Only the big wigs are allowed in, and we have to keep this as low profile as possible.’ Hyukjae explained ignoring Heechul.

‘That’s where we come in Heechul-shi. You and I will be the robbers this team.’ Leeteuk said smirking; only increasing Heechul’s confusion. ‘We shall be posing as couple for the Kohinore Charity Event.’  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Guys I'm back! Ok basically I have written a mega chapter cause I will be on temporary hiatus for two weeks due to exams. I hope you enjoy this chapter a lot (at least a bit) and please comment and subscribe!!!!

Now I would like to thank:

believe - thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! I really do appreciate it! and u didn't talk nonsense lol, i really enjoyed reading u're comment! pls comment again :)

_Cieca_ - thank uuuuu for always commenting!! i hope u enjoy this chap...even if it is slightly boring sorry....

ElizabethCruz - awwww, don't cry! I'm glad i made u happy but u made me really really happy for commenting!! i really love ur comment <3 yep i will keep updating!! ^_^

funsize92 - hahaha thank u for getting excited and commenting!! i hope u like this chapter tooo :)

chulchulkimheechul - u r a special one lol ^_^ i was chatting with u while writing this chapter! hope u like this...did it meet u're expectations? did i let u down? :P

Again I would like to apologise for my future hiatus...but I will log on just to read comments so pls loads of love will be very much appreciated!!! ^_^

 

Sayonara Baby!! <3