Game Over!

Fate or Coincidence

Hyukjae kept looking back and forth at his best friend. His best friend who usually was a loud carefree young man who was more like a playful kid, now sat quietly with an upset expression. Donghae on the other hand kept thinking back to the mission from yesterday; why he had failed such an easy mission was beyond him; furthermore something about that message was so familiar. So familiar yet he could not put his finger on it. It was gnawing at the back of his mind.

Careful not to be noticed by the teacher, Hyukjae slowly nudged Donghae. Shaking out of his stupor, Donghae turned to look at him, eliciting a childish grin from his best friend.

‘Yah, what’s wrong? What didn’t your moves work on those Chinese girls or something?’ Hyukjae whispered jokingly. Although Donghae sported a smile at that, his eyes had darkened slightly again remembering his failure.

‘Nah, someone else got them before I could have a go. And I want to know who that bastard is.’ Donghae said quietly, unknowing grinding his teeth. Hyukjae merely raised an eyebrow amused at his reaction.

‘Easy there tiger! Why are you so concerned about those girls anyway? There are plenty of girls here that would literally go out with you right now if you asked!’

Donghae just ‘hmphed’ in response as the bell rang. Wordlessly ignoring his best friend, he took his things and left as if in a daze. Hyukjae surprised just stayed sitting.

 

Meanwhile in the business campus…

 

To say that Heechul was pissed off would be the understatement of the year.  Face darkened eyes murderous and jaw set straight Heechul sat ignoring the lecture. While usually Hangeng would get him to at least try and pay attention, at that moment he himself felt more or less the same. Eyes glazed with anger and faces stony the two faced forward unaware of their surroundings.

Opposite them, Jungsoo tried to pay attention to his lesson, but he was distracted to say the least by the dark vibes floating around him, the origins of which sat right across from him. This fact did not help at all as he was in direct line of Heechul’s death glare, whether it was meant for him or not he was not sure. Nervously pushing his glasses up his nose he strained his neck forward, hopping the pain would help him concentrate.

He sighed with relief when the professor stopped his lecture and the lights. This of course did not affect either Heechul or Hangeng.

‘Students, I am sure that you are aware about the interschool competitions that we will be having. I hope that you will all try your very best but please remain civil.’ He said, pointedly staring at Heechul at this point. Heechul merely raised an elegant eyebrow irritated. ‘I will not be explaining why another student got a bloody nose.’

Heechul just scoffed and looked away. Jungsoo sighed tiredly at his stubbornness, at this Heechul turned sharply to glare at Jungsoo. He immediately shrank back in his seat. As if sensing his discomfort in that environment, the lunch bell rang throughout the campus sharply.

 

Common canteen area….

 

Donghae sat next to Siwon, idly picking at his peas. Like him his seat mate could not forget the events of last night’s mission. Sulking they had avoided all their friends. Heechul and Hangeng slowly came and sat next to them.

‘Yah! That’s enough…you’re gonna draw attention to yourselves. That’s enough sulking, we should just find out who they are and…destroy them…’ Heechul said loud enough for only them to hear. After a moments silence the other three nodded their agreement.

‘Alright! I’m leaving…I want some time to think. We’ll meet up at 7.’ With that he stalked off towards the gates.

 

Heechul’s mansion…

 

Even though she tried to reassure the others that everything would be fine, she had an inkling that this was just the beginning of something very dangerous. More that she had experienced so far and more than she could ever imagine.

Hoping to just relax and take a quite bath, she left towards her room only to be stopped by her father’s personal butler.

‘Sir, your father asks for your presence.’ Not bothering to argue, she just followed him to her father’s personal chamber.

An old greying man sat behind a heavy desk, frowning at his disgrace of a daughter as he like to call. He had hoped for a son to take over his “throne” instead he had gotten a daughter, whose gender he had hid from the rest of the world to save his face.

‘You failed your mission.’ He stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. ‘I believe that it was quite simple for someone of your stature to take care of…instead I receive a failure. Why is that? Are you that incompetent?’

Heechul swallowed hard, as she felt her eyes welling up. Her father had never acknowledged her for anything; in fact if he had another son, she has every right to believe that she would not be alive right now.

‘It was a mis--’

‘I did not ask you here so that I could hear your pathetic voice. I asked you here to tell you that I will not by any means tolerate another failure, even if you are my son. You are dismissed.’ He waved his hand arrogantly.

Tightening her fists hard that she had literally feel her nails digging into her palm, Heechul controlled her anger as she quickly left the room before she flared up. After all it would be one of her team members that would pay not her, as she was too “important” for her father.

After the door had closed behind her back. A tall young man, aged around 22, came out of the shadows. Smirking he said, ‘You should not have been so rude father. After all before you had found out that I had existed, my dear brother was the rightful heir.’

‘Hahaha, perhaps but I had been meaning to get rid of him for a while. He poses too much of a threat to me, it was only because you, my dear son had asked for a game that he is still alive. Although I have to say Ju Myeok, it is quite surprising that you are much like me, even if you had lived away from me in China all this time.’

‘Of course father, they do say “Like father like son”.’ Ju Myeok said, giving off a lopsided grin.

It seems my dear big sister; your game is now over! 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Guys I'm extremely sorry that I couldn't update earlier. My whole week had been filled with exams. Sorry if this chapter is disappointing but please do comment. Your comments do encourage me to update quicker. I'll try to udate another chapter by this week. Or two if I get enough comments. Cause I won't be able to update for two weeks; my internets going to be cut.

 

Thank you so much for commenting and subscribing!!!

Do enjoy :)

P.S. The main image for this chapter...this is how I imagine Heechul to look like while writing the story :)