The Members

Fate or Coincidence

Previously:

The man grinned maniacally, ‘Too bad you have to die as a guy…’ He started to pull the trigger when he dropped the gun and fell sideways. Heechul’s eyes widened to see a bright red spot appearing by his temporal lobe. He looked around wildly to see who had fired the shot to find no one. A sniper…

 

11.05 pm ….same abandoned warehouse…

 

Heechul looked around frantically to see where the sniper could have shot from. Letting his guard down for a while he did not notice another man running towards him bearing a dagger.

‘Hyung no! Watch out!’ Donghae yelled out, trying to get to Heechul in time. His eyes widened in fear noticing the man approach Heechul. Before he could stop the man however another came towards him, intending to harm. Too late to recoil he braced himself for the oncoming assault, but it never came.

The man lay on the ground dead, another standing over him wearing a suit. His bleached blonde hair looked awfully familiar. Not bothering to figure out his helper, he swerved past the blonde stranger towards his leader. However fate seemed to have other ideas as the armed enemy reached Heechul first and slashed him across the chest as another arm stopped him from causing even more injury.

In a flurry of moments the attacker’s hand was twisted behind his back, in seconds he was lying on the floor his own dagger sticking into the side of his neck, blood pooling around him. Still in shock Donghae lifted his head to look at yet another stranger who had his back turned against and was removing his coat.

Again there was something very very familiar about this man, and again he was interrupted by yet another attacker before he could figure anything out. Out of the corner of his eyes he could see the both Hangeng and Siwon had their hands full. For some odd and really strange and confusing reason both members of the Sapphire Jades who they had come to fight with initially seemed to be helping them, by protecting Kibum and Ryeowook from further harm.

Meanwhile with Heechul; she was very surprised when she was again saved, this time by someone visible. However even she was unable to stop the slash across her chest from the attacker; the only reason she did not draw blood apart from the light scratch was because of her tight bindings across her chest, which had now come undone and the slight curves of her very female chest was slightly visible.

Frantically trying to cover herself up she felt something soft fall on her...it was a black jacket. Lifting her head she noticed that her saviour had already turned around and his soft brown hair reminded her of someone a lot but she could not recollect anything. His black dress shirt was tucked into his formal trousers; he stood in front of her as if hiding her from the rest of the view.  

A movement to the side alerted her to her surroundings; the snarky young man from before came towards them. His cheeks flushed pink, and his eyes angry. He wiped off the blood from the corner of his lips. Glancing at her once he ignored her and moved to stand next to her saviour.

‘Hyung?’ he asked whining slightly, losing the air of coolness and adorning a childish personality. Heechul raised a slim eyebrow as she saw in disbelief the man pouting slightly. She was surprised even more when the other ruffled his hair slightly in affection without looking at him, but saying quietly, ‘Let’s go home Kyuhyun ah.’

Saying that he just raised a hand and walked towards the exits, the snarky brat also known as Kyuhyun following him like a little puppy, with a cute smile on his face.  

‘Yo, you’re supposed to follow him as well.’ A monotonous voice spoke quietly…quietly…startled Heechul realised that the fight was over and all the attackers were now lying dead. None had survived. ‘Everyone move. We will be continuing this “meeting” back at our headquarters.’ The voice continued.

Acknowledging the speaker only seemed to bring more surprise for the members of Athena though as they noticed that it was Donghae’s best friend, Lee Hyukjae who had spoken, more like ordered them.

‘Hyuk—Hyukjae?!’ Donghae asked in disbelief. He had had too many shocks already; first he finds out his close friend Sungmin is part of the Sapphire Jades, and now even his best friend Hyukjae?!

‘Get moving Donghae. There’s no time to waste, the police will be here soon.’

Finally overcoming her shock, Heechul asked, ‘How would you know that?’

‘We alerted them earlier.’ Saying that Hyukjae moved towards the exit. Heechul hesitated for a bit, but then realising that they had helped them from her father’s men, she supposed that it would be alright to trust them at least in the meantime. Nodding her head slightly she followed Hyukjae towards the exit, the others behind her.

Looking around she noticed that the two who had left earlier had probably gone back to their headquarters ahead of them as they were nowhere to be found.

 

12 pm…Sapphire Jades Headquarters…

 

Heechul sat by the edge of the bath tub, they had reached a few minutes ago but instead of having the meeting straight away the members were all given fresh clothes and were told to clean themselves up.

She looked at the clothes in her hand; she was given a thin t-shirt and a thick xl-sized hoodie. It seemed as though the Sapphire Jades did indeed know about her true gender and for some reason were willing to help her keep it a secret.

Shaking her head she started to get dressed. In a trance she got dressed as she remembered everything that happened tonight up to the part where the stranger had saved her. She remembered how her heart beat heatedly within her ribcage that she felt she might have a heart attack. She felt so confused why did she feel that way? And more importantly why did it feel so familiar but intense?

Sighing she fixed her hair back into the ponytail that she always wore and walked out of the bathroom. She saw how the other members waited for her and how they looked up once she came out. Motioning with her head slightly she left the room they were allocated, the others following towards the main hall where they were asked to meet after they were ready.

The hall itself was really grand, intricate paintings hanging on the walls, the walls that they occupied themselves were very beautiful painted white with golden patterns. A large dining table made off glass stood in the middle surrounded by 15 comfortable chairs.

Seeing that no one was there at the moment, Heechul walked towards the dining table and sat at the very end of the table, the other members surrounding him. Just then Sungmin came in with Kyuhyun as the Athena members had taken the lower end of the table they moved towards the upper end and took their places.

Whereas Sungmin seemed to ignore the others instead focusing intently on his Nintendo DS, Kyuhyun was busy focusing his glare at Donghae. Heechul looked back and forth between the two of them, wondering if they knew each other before and if they…actually if Kyuhyun had a reason to hate Donghae so much. However Donghae didn’t seem to notice Kyuhyun’s attention, instead his eyes were focused on the table, his hands supporting his head as he thought about everything. He couldn’t comprehend how he could be betrayed by two of his closest friends.

Everyone looked up as another pair of footsteps sounded, it was Lee Hyukjae who avoided looking at Donghae as he moved towards both Sungmin and Kyuhyun and took his seat to the right of the head seat. Clearing his throat he caught everyone’s attention.

‘Before the meeting starts, I think it would be better if we introduced ourselves to you. We know everything about you, so it is only fair if you know our positions as well. This is Cho Kyuhyun but we call him EvilKyu, sorry no we call him Maknae. He is the lead strategist/hacker/technologist/stupid brat of this group.’ He explained calmly gesturing at Kyuhyun, who let out an indignant ‘Yah hyung!’

‘And this is Lee Sungmin hyung who is known as P2. He is the explosives specialist.’ Sungmin winced as he was introduced, not bothering to look up but focusing on his game. Kyuhyun sniggered, even Hyukjae smirked.

‘And I’m--’ He began to introduce himself when he was interrupted by the opening of the door. The owner of the interruption came into view carrying a long case with him. He looked up oblivious to his interruption.

‘I was hungry.’ He says offering an explanation as to why he was late, before taking his seat. Hyukjae sighed before continuing, ‘And this is Kim Jongwoon hyung, who is known as Yesung. He’s the long distance fighter, the sniper in our team.’

‘And now as I was saying earlier, I’m Lee Hyukjae as you should know…I’m known as Eunhyuk, I’m the right hand man of our hyung, our leader I mean.’ Hyukjae ended as he took his seat acknowledging the footsteps behind him.

Everyone sat still not knowing what to make of all this information, whereas the members of the Sapphire Jades didn’t bother about the awkwardness and just sat waiting for their leader to appear. Heechul not being able to stand the silence finally attempted to start a conversation, when a voice spoke behind her.

‘I am the leader of the Sapphire Jades.’

The members of Athena gasped out loud not being able to keep their composure. Donghae dropped his hands to his sides, the shock too much for him, and Heechul gulped taking a step backwards, unsure if it was because of the shock or due to fear.

‘My name is Park Jungsoo, I am also known as Leeteuk.’ He said as he walked towards his seat and sat down calmly. Heechul noticed with appreciation how much different he looked to normal; he did not wear glasses, his dark eyes mysterious looked into all of them. With sudden realisation Heechul finally realised that her saviour was actually Jungsoo; his black dress shirt sported a couple of blood stains.

‘I think it is time you introduced yourself to us, Heechul shi, it is time.’ He said slowly, his voice holding an edge.

Introduce myself? Heechul thought. Does he mean for me to reveal my gender?!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing to my story!!!

 I would like to thank chulchulkimheechul, _Cieca_, chinggoy, Ch4nni, ElizabethCruz and funsize92 for commenting and supporting me so far!!

Enjoy! Please do subscribe and comment!!!

Thank you ^_^