The Mission

Fate or Coincidence

A figure tossed and turned about on his bed in the unlit room, unable to fall asleep despite it being past midnight. Slowly he sat up on his bed and tiredly rubbed his forehead feeling the oncoming headache. Perhaps he was just worried about the mission tomorrow he thought.

Silently he got off his bed and walked slowly towards his brother’s room. With practiced stealth he opened the door and went in, careful of the noise. Under the moonlight he was able to see his brother’s sleeping angel – like face. He tried to speak when a strangled sob left his mouth. He quickly clamped his mouth shut afraid he might awake his brother.  Holding back his sob he removed his brother’s fringes out of the way realising that he did not have the strength to speak normally in front of his brother like this.

Without a word he climbed into his brother’s bed and lay next to him. Wordlessly he pulled his brother’s arm over him and silently mouthed ‘Saranghae hyung…’

 

That morning…day of mission…uni campus…

 

‘Donghae ah! Will you be late tonight or should I wait for you?’ Jungsoo asked before his brother left his sight. Donghae stopped running and turned around, scratching his head as if thinking. Hyukjae came running as well to greet the two of them.

‘Good morning hyung!’

‘Ah morning Hyukjae.’

‘Hyung don’t wait up for me I just remembered that Siwon had asked me to go over to his place this evening.’

‘Oh alright then. Be safe and don’t take too long alright? Call me when you can. Bye.’ Jungsoo adviced before he ran off towards his campus. After he had left, Hyukjae turned towards Donghae with a questioning gaze.

‘Siwon had called you? How come I didn’t know?’

‘Oi shush will you?! Hankyung hyung is going to introduce us to a couple of chinese girls. I didn’t tell you cause you never seemed interested in getting a girlfriend! Don’t tell hyung he’ll probably have a panic attack and be something like “my little baby is growing up too soon”’ Donghae quickly explained.

Hyukjae smirked, ‘That’s true enough. So will you be ditching classes?’

‘Yep. Hyukjae my bestest best friend please cover for me…’ He asked giving him the puppy eyes, lips quivering.

‘Yah! Don’t use that on me! Arasso, arasso, I won’t tell but I won’t be giving you my notes.’ Hyukjae said smiling evily at his best friend’s pout growing bigger. ‘Alright I’m gonna go to class. See you later Donghae, have fun!’ He said before he ran off as the bell rang.

The cute smile on Donghae’s face dropped after he had left. His façade dropped and he sported his usual cold hearted expression. Placing his hands in his pockets he trudged towards the gates. Outside the gates stood Siwon waiting for him patiently while also carrying the same expression.

‘Let’s go. Here’s your ear piece. Kibum will be communicating with us through this. Everyone is getting ready.’

Donghae merely nodded and walked towards the black convertible and got in the driver’s seat. Glancing back at the way that his brother had run off, he tightened his expression and drove off.

 

Athena Headquarters….

 

Meanwhile Hangeng stood in the main office silently observing the big screen which showed the security systems of the ship that they had to hijack and the borderland. Kibum sat close by typing at high speed on his laptop. Tired of waiting Hangeng turned around and left in search of Heechul, who had been missing the whole morning since the mission had started.

‘Yah Heechul ah! What the hell are you doing?!’ Hangeng shouted outside her room, irritation clearly visible in his voice. He half expected for a spit-fire of colourful words, when nothing came he grew worried. He was about to knock and enter when Heechul came out clearly tired and in pain.

‘Yah! You okay? Is it that time of the month again?’ Hangeng asked understanding. Unable to answer, Heechul just nodded her head pitifully. With one hand she pushed back her luscious locks. Hangeng just sighed. ‘Heechul ah I know your father basically brought you up as a man because he wants a man to inherit his position and all, but do you really have to lie to the others? Can’t you ju--’

‘We’ve talked about this before Hannie…I wasn’t meant to be born as a girl. Besides do you really think that they would follow me if they knew that their Boss was a girl?’ Heechul interrupted. Straightening her back she motioned for Hangeng to follow her to the main office.

 

Somewhere else…place unknown….

 

‘Hyung they’ve started moving.’ A figure spoke, addressing another sitting in front of him. The other just smirked and nodded.

‘Let’s get to it.’

 

Back with Siwon and Donghae…..

Rushing to the coast they quickly got on the speedboats that were already prepared for them. Riding as quickly as they could they were able to spot the ship in front of them. Their earpieces fizzled as they heard Kibum connecting to them.

‘Hyungs the security is bad by the back entrance. There should be around 10 crew members; they happen to be quite well trained so take care. Heechul hyung will explain what you need to do after you’ve taken over the ship.’ Kibum ended.

With a wordless affirmative, the two sped further towards the ship. Reaching the ship, as stealthily as possible climbed the ship from the back entrance. However when they landed on the ship, both stood stock still for they could not have ever foreseen the sight that awaited them.

The 10 crew members that Kibum had mentioned were no longer a problem, for they all lay dead in front of them. In fact it was as if the ship was a ghost ship. Shaking out of their stupor the two ran towards the cargo hold.

Running through the hold they hurriedly sought for the illegal weapons that they were meant to seize. However at that moment it would have been impossible for they were missing. Frustrated Donghae ran a hand through his hair letting out a strangled sigh. Siwon punched the box next to him in anger.

‘Hyung, there’s a problem.’ Donghae spoke to Heechul. ‘Someone got here before us. The cargo’s gone. The --’ Before he could continue any further he felt Siwon grabbing his hand with panicked look on his face.  He felt himself running as Siwon pulled and then jump along with him into the sea below. Before he could scold Siwon, the ship in front of their eyes burst into flames.

‘There was a bomb. It was as if they were waiting for us. It was timed perfectly.’ Siwon explained quickly. Dongahe just stared with a n open mouth. He saw something floating towards him; it was a piece of the box that the bomb had been set it.

Both his and Siwon’s expressions darkened when they read what was written on it; a single word, ‘LOL!!! :D’

 

Borderland….

 

Ryeowook and Shindong who had been under disguise waiting for the ship now stared at the burning ship just a few minutes away from them. What the hell is going on? This has never happened before!

 

Meanwhile at the main office…

 

Silence ruled over the place as the three witnessed everything through the border’s CCTV. None had predicted something like this would happen; after all it was quite a simple mission. This sort of thing had not happened before; they had taken on worse missions as well.

‘&%^&%!!!’ Heechul swore. ‘What the hell is that? Who the hell decided to mess with me?!’

He paced to and fro, before saying in a quiet deadly voice, ‘Call everyone back. There will be an urgent meeting.’ He said before walking off.

‘The person that messed with me…will die soon.’  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello everyone sorry for the delay! Neuroanat is killing me...

Anyway last chap was more fluff but I'm gonna start more on the actual plot. Please comment!!! Honestly comments really motivate me to keep writing.

Thank you to those that commented and subcribed so far. Also for adding me as a friend. But I have to give special thanks to to chulchulkimheechul for motivating me to keep writing.

Comments are much loved, the more I recieve the more pressurised I feel to upload the next chappie lol!!

Thank you :)