Secrets

Fate or Coincidence

As the sun rose letting its rays slowly caress the sleeping peaceful faces of the residents below, a young man around 23 groaned. He tossed about on his bed trying to find the right angle so that the rays would not hit his face while he slept. He stubbornly refused to crack open his eyes even as he heard someone opening the room to his door. In fact that only lead him to snuggle further into his bed, pulling his duvet over his head.

The intruder seeing this smiled at his innocence. The 25 year old man placed his hands on his hips and sighed tiredly as he himself had just woken up. Slowly he walked up to the now sleeping bundle and shook the bundle eliciting another groan. He kept shaking asking for a bigger response.

Finally granting the older man the satisfaction, the younger grumbled and pulled down his duvet and swat away the other’s hands. ‘Hyung, five more minutes please?’ He asked yawning and rubbing his eyes cutely.

The other just smiled again. ‘Fine, I’m gonna go make breakfast. You might want to wake up early cause you did say last night that you had to rehearse for the upcoming dance competition with Hyukjae…’ Saying this the elder decided to leave the younger and as promised prepare breakfast.

‘Yeah, yeah…rehearse…competition…Hyukjae…’ the bundle murmured half asleep, when his eyes shot wide open. ‘Wah?! Dance competition! Oh shiz no!’ He fell off his bed as he struggled to get off bed and get ready.

Within a matter of minutes, both men were ready and calmly eating breakfast. ‘Hyung, will you be coming to see the rehearsal?’ The younger asked half hoping his older brother would say ‘yes’.

‘Hmm? Oh no I don’t think so. I have to prepare for a presentation today.’ Seeing the disappointed look his younger brother was unsuccessfully trying to hide, he quickly added ‘but I’ll come for the actual competition. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.’

Hearing this, the younger perked up again, a huge grin adorning his handsome young face. The two hurried to leave their apartment noticing the time. Before leaving out of the door, the older pulled the younger towards the bookshelf, where two photo frames were placed.

‘Hae ah, ask our parents for their blessings so that they can look after you during the competition.’

‘Deh, Soo hyung.’

 

30 minutes later…

 

‘YAH! Hannie you better get back here right now!’ A beautiful young man shouted in the midst of a crowd of students trying to get to their classes as the bell rang. ‘YAH! I’m gonna be late damn it just give it back!’

 The man in question laughed playfully as he ran back to his bestfriend. ‘Yah Heechul, whats this? “My ideal man”?

  1. Strong (preferably 6-pack but not too overly built.)
  2. Beautiful smile.
  3. Kind.
  4. Hot.
  5. Se--’

Before he could continue reading off the list, Heechul ripped the paper off his hand. ‘Yah! What do you think you’re doing?! This is very personal!’

‘Yeah right! You left it on your desk by accident. What if someone else had taken it? Do you want a rumour stating you are gay?!’ Hangeng asked incredulously.

‘I am not gay!’ Heechul said angrily in a hushed voice.

‘Of course you’re not! But you do realise that I am the only one here apart from you that knows that you are actually a girl and not a guy right? You may be able to fool the world but you can’t fool your best friend!’ Hangeng winked cheekily.

‘Why don’t you go announce it to the world? I didn’t ask to be a gi--’ He or in fact she came to a halt when a guy her age walked towards them.

‘Good morning Hankyung-shi and Heechul-shi.’ He wished, smiling gently. Bowing his head slightly he moved on walking towards his class.

Hangeng still had the smile on that he had offered the guy earlier but Heechul on the other hand wore a scowl that she had personally offered. ‘Ooo…I hate that guy! I loathe Park Jungsoo. He’s so annoying. All the teachers love him, and he up to them very well.’ Heechul murmured.

Hangeng in response just laughed. ‘You know if I couldn’t hear the seriousness in your voice I would say that you were in love with him! You know thinking about it, why don’t you ask him out? I mean he’s kind and has pretty smile.’

‘What?! Are you freaking kidding me?! The guy’s a nerd! Have you seen his glasses? He’s so skinny as well! Plus he is so not hot!’ Heechul cried indignantly. Plus the one I love has no idea that I like him…She thought sadly, looking at her best friend. ‘Whatever. Let’s just go to class before he starts another lecture on why punctuality is important!’

 

7 p.m. somewhere quite dark…basement?

 

A small group gathered together waiting for their leader. Their leader who happened to just be the son of one of the most powerful dons in the Asian underworld. The gathered group were a group of young men aged from early to mid-twenties.

Slow footsteps sounded as the others tensed sensing the arrival of their leader. They bowed 900as their leader, Kim Heechul and his right hand man, Han Geng appeared. The youngest member, a man named Kibum carried a laptop and placed it on the front of the table. Typing something really quickly he pulled up several screens of info.

‘This is Hang Dongwoon’s recent illegal cargo that he’s going to be smuggling into Korea in two days’ time. The cargo consists of weapons this time around. Hyung your father will be the one supplying him safe passage through the borderland. If we are to attack them then I suggest we take them down before getting to the borderland. The security is too large by the border it will be impossible to win.’ He explained slowly, turning to look expectantly at his leader to see his reaction.

Heechul nodded slowly. ‘So if we are to capture him and the cargo we have to get it down before reaching the border…let’s do it then! Kibum ah check to see if there will be any other security issues and note a down a plan of the ship. Siwon ah and Donghae ah you two will take over from there, make sure that you secure the cargo. Wookie and Shindong prepare to go undercover as security officials by the border. Alright everyone? Let’s go!’

The others gave a swift salute before dispersing. Turning to leave, Heechul stopped. ‘Donghae ah? You don’t mind right? I won’t say anything if you back out now. This is quite a big operation, and it’s also going to be a public issue.’

He had always had a soft corner for the young man. He didn’t know why; perhaps it was due to the fact that his mind’s eye only registered the same 15 year old fragile young boy that he had seen crying by his parents’ grave 7 years ago.

‘No it’s fine hyung.  I won’t be backing out just cause this could possibly expose me to the world. I don’t care about the world. I’ll make sure my Jungsoo hyung doesn’t find out about anything. He’s too innocent and kind, I don’t wish to tarnish his image of me. I’ve been fooling him for 7 years; he won’t notice the difference anymore.’ Donghae said sadly, smiling wistfully. ‘Goodbye hyung, I’ll see you on the mission date.’

As Donghae left, Heechul grimaced painfully. He never could understand how such a young kid had to go through a double life to appease his brother, even if his brother was nothing short of worthless…at least in his opinion.

‘Jungsoo hyung is a good hyung. Don’t think too badly about him just because of his outward appearance Heechul.’ A quiet voice cut through the silent air.

Heechul turned to look at Hangeng, rolling her eyes, she smirked. ‘Whatever. Let’s go.’

 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys my english is not the best so yeah...basically loads of grammar mistakes. I wasn't sure how to address Heechul so I just left it as 'he' for those that don't know the true gender and 'she' for those that do.

If you have any better ideas please let me know. Thank you so much to those that commented and subscribed I really appreciate it. Please comment again. If I can I might post the next chapter later tonight!

Adios amigos! :)