Chapter 35

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last week of school passed so wonderfully easily that she didn't believe that it was really her life. No one talked about her, no one said anything about her, no one looked at her.  Even the panthers kept to themselves and even though they were probably planning something worse, she was just glad they were leaving her alone.

It was all too amazing.

And now it was Christmas morning and it felt like everything was right in the world.

She was getting painfully cheesy.

She slipped on a plain red skater dress out of Ara's closet, after washing her scent off of it the night before for the sake of Mark, and threw her jacket on before grabbing a gift bag and a box of cookies she made the night before.

Jackson was serious when he said that he wanted her to spend Christmas with his pack which was where she was heading right now.

Yoomi and Yang were coming later that night, but she was going over there earlier because…how could she not?

She walked over to their cabin, her cheeks flushing red as the December air nipped at her face. She felt giddy at the thought of seeing Jackson which wasn't uncommon. Just thinking about the boy would speed her heart up.

He was still a stubborn jerk, but he was a jerk that loved her and a jerk that made her  feel loved.

When she saw the cabin in the distance she picked up her pace, seconds away from flat out running, until she got to the door.

She bit on her lip while rocking on her heels before knocking on the door, but before her fist could make contact, she heard a loud voice screech in the cabin.

"No! No! Goddamn it, Youngjae! The colour scheme is gold and red, get those ugly green ornaments out of here."

"Well why do you have them anyways if you're not going to use them?"

Areum pressed her lips to suppress her laugh as she gently creaked the front door open and poked her head in.

And boy, was it a sight to see.

All 5 boys were dressed in the most tackiest sweaters she had ever laid her eyes on except for Mark who was dressed in a t-shirt and Jackson who was nowhere to be seen.

They were all surrounding a tall Christmas tree fussing over decoration with obnoxious, Christmas themed headbands snug over their hair.

"Isn't the tree supposed to be up before Christmas." She said with a snort.

Everyone fell silent as they turned to the female voice that came from the door, finally noticing her.

"You're her-"

"CHRISTMASSSS TIME IS HHHHEEEERRRREEEE!" Jinyoung sang as he tossed a reindeer headband at Areum.

Areum snorted but managed to catch the headband with her fingers before slipping it over her head. "I brought cookies."

Youngjae dashed at her like a blurring bullet, grabbing the box out of her hands and disappearing into the kitchen with BamBam following him eagerly.

"I hope you're not expecting any leftovers." Mark said with a raised brow.

"Glad you could make it!" Jaebum said with a smile.

"Merry Christmas!" She said with a laugh. The boys cheered and said it back with wide, childish grins.

"And happy holidays!" Jinyoung sang while hanging more ornaments on the tree.

"I…uh…like your sweaters." She said while suppressing her smile.

Yugyeom groaned while looking at the giant snowman on his shirt, "Jinyoung made us wear it."

Jinyoung beamed, completely oblivious to everyone's dissatisfaction. "They're cute right? I dug them up to get us into the holiday spirit."

"Why aren't you wearing one?" She said while nodding at Mark.

The boy chuckled. "Unfortunately there were only 5 so me and Jackson had to take one for the team and not wear one. We really are selfless."

Jinyoung frowned, "I swear we had seven. I still think you and Jackson took them, dug a hole and hid them somewhere."

Yugyeom shook his head, "Well it's not like we'll ever find out."

Areum swayed on her feet, her mind distant as she drifted away.

Speaking of Jackson…

"Hey, gongzhu."

Areum looked up, her stomach whirling in excitement when she saw Jackson standing on the staircase with his arms crossed, leaning against the wall with a smirk on his lips. She felt shivers over her body when his eyes swirled a soft purple.

"Hey." She said shyly, her heart speeding.

Mark snorted, "Gongzhu? That's what you call her? I didn't know you were that cheesy."  

Jaebum blinked at him, "Why? What does that mean?"

Jackson barely heard them as his eyes drank in his beautiful mate. He felt his heart shake at the sight of her. It was like every second he spent away from her just made him miss her more and whenever he finally got to see her, it was like his mind was turned to mush.

Areum set the gift bag down on the table before walking towards him, like she was being drawn to him.

"Umm…let’s go have some cookies before the guys eat it all." Jaebum said quickly while ushering the other members into the kitchen, leaving the couple alone.

"Merry Christmas." She said quietly with smile.

Jackson met her half way and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to his chest with warm eyes. "Merry Christmas, gongzhu."

She slid her hands up his arms and rested them on his shoulders with a cheeky look in her eye, "Did you miss me?"

Jackson rolled his eyes and nudged her nose with his, loving being close to her, "Of course not."

Areum narrowed her eyes with a scoff, "Then maybe I should go back home."

Jackson tightened his arms around her, lacing his fingers together so that she was locked into his hold, "Maybe you should."

Areum pushed up on her tippy toes so that their lips aligned, "Maybe I will."

"Don't." He mumbled with droopy eyes, before moulding their lips together.  

Areum sighed with a small smile as their lips meshed together. Her fingers ran through his hair, her stomach was in a mess when she heard a soft animalistic growl tremble through his lips.

They really had to stop making out every time they saw each other.

Jackson pulled away and nudged her jaw aside with his nose and kissed down the side of her neck before hugging her.

"I did miss you." He murmured into her neck.

Areum's face heated up. She wasn't used to someone saying that they missed her other than her sister. No one ever cared about her that much.

Not until now.

"See? Was that so hard?" She snorted when he kissed her collar bone.

"It's be a lot easier if you just moved in." He grumbled.

Areum shifted uncomfortably, "Jackson, I--"

"Don't worry." He said with a sigh as he straightened up. "At least you stay over a lot."

Areum grabbed his arm, "Just…give me some time. I don't think I can leave my childhood house that easily. I grew up there and all my memories with Ara are there."

He reached up and cupped her face, "I love you."

Areum's eyes widened, stricken, and she was about to pull back when Jackson quickly pressed his lips against hers.

"I love you, so I'll wait."

Areum's lips curved up as she hugged him around the waist, "Thank you."

Jackson snorted, "But that means that you're staying over tonight."

"Wai--"

"ARE YOU GUYS DON'T MAKING OUT?! WE FINISHED THE COOKIES AND WE WANT TO GET BACK TO THE TREE!"

-----

Areum was making herself a cup of hot chocolate while Jinyoung instructed Jackson and Youngjae to move the empty tree and ornament boxes into the basement after they finished decorating.

"How's your Christmas so far?" Mark asked as he walked into the kitchen.

Areum looked over her shoulder and smiled. "It's great. I love it."

Mark nodded with a smile, "I'm sure it'll only get better, knowing Jackson."

"What about you? How's the withdrawal?" She asked with a raised brow.

Mark chuckled, "I miss her, but we talk a lot, I can visit her easily, so it's not too bad."

"You have a passport?"She balked. How did a wolf have government documentation?

Mark shook his head, "I'm a wolf…remember? Travelling to Japan isn't that hard."

Areum made a face, "Right. I don't know how I keep forgetting."

Mark laughed as he pulled something from his pocket, "Speaking of which, your sister wanted to give you something since she couldn't be here for the holidays."

He set down a small box and pushed it over to her before ruffling her hair, "Merry Christmas kid."

Areum watched him walk out of the kitchen before turning to the festively wrapped gift. She stared at it for a second before carefully unwrapping it to see a velvet box.

She opened the box, her eyes widening at what was inside.

An vintage silver watch.

It was beautiful.

She looked down at the box to see a small note folded up.

Merry Christmas to the world's most amazing sister…and you.

I'm kidding. I'm sorry I can't be there in person, but I'm giving this to Mark so I hope it's kind of like I'm there with you. I hope you have an amazing Christmas and New Year's and I hope you spend it all with Jackson and the boys. I hope he gives you a kiss on New Year's and that you have fun.

He's a good kid and I'm glad you two are together because he makes you happy. That's why I'm entrusting him to make up for me not being there with you.

Smile lots and laugh even more.

-Ara

Areum smiled to herself and looked back at the watch before she snapped the clasp around her wrist. She stared at the face of the watch once more before tucking Ara's note in her dress pocket and headed to the living room.

Just as she walked through the door, Jackson came up the stairs from the basement. He grinned and walked over to her, both of them standing in the door way.  

"I still need to give you, your present." He said with a raised brow.

Areum tilted her head playfully, "Same."

"Guys…seriously?"  Youngjae asked with raised brows.

Areum frowned and shot him a look, "What now?"

Jaebum chuckled and pointed above the door, "Blame Jinyoung. It was his idea."

Areum and Jackson followed his finger and looked up, a blush scattering over her cheeks.

Mistletoe.

"You guys hung mistletoe in a house of seven guys?"

"Stop changing the subject." Yugyeom stated.

BamBam grinned, "It's not like you guys don't kiss at every chance you get."

Youngjae gagged, "Tell me about it."

Areum shot him a look before turning to Jackson who was looking at her dilemma in amusement.  She didn't have an issue kissing him.

She had an issue kissing him in front of 6 of his friends.

"What are you waiting for?" Jackson teased..

Areum glared at the stupid look on his face. She could feel the rest of his pack staring at him so she sighed before going up on her tippy toes and pecking him on the cheek.

"That's all you're getting." She mumbled before grabbing the gift bag and her purse that she put on the table and walked up the stairs.

BamBam tilted his head, "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter