Chapter 16

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum hated Mondays.

Not because it was the start of the week and the end of the weekend, but because she had tutorials on Mondays.

That meant that her normally 500 plus lecture was split into 20 student classes for more 'one on one' learning.

This was great for people who needed the extra help but it for people like Areum who survived off of blending into large crowds.

This just made her anxious.

She walked into the classroom and headed to the corner of the room where she always sat. People stared at her, but that was nothing new.

She wondered what rumours even floated about her now.

She dropped her bag on her desk and was about to sit down when she noticed scribbling on the table top.

.

Tramp.

One night stand material.

Her eyebrow twitched and she touched the ink. It was still tacky which meant that whoever did this must've done it right before she got there.

Areum plopped down in her seat and ignored the giggling whispers that were directed her way. In all honesty, she didn't really care. It wasn't like the table was her property. It made her feel bad for the janitors who had to spend an extra 15 minutes scrubbing the tables down.

She could see words that were written in the past, directed to her, fading over the new ink. The whole thing was rather juvenile.

She was only in this class once a week and she only sat at that desk for one hour a week, so she had no idea why people went to such great lengths just to irritate her a little.

She dumped her books out and stared out the window  while spinning her pencil in her fingers. Work, the day before, went a lot slower than normal. She didn't know why, all she knew was that the bookstore felt a lot more boring to her than it used to.

There was something she had to admit though.

She was thinking a lot about Jackson.

It got so bad that she put a rubber band around her wrist and started snapping it every time his face came up. She wasn't exactly day dreaming about him, but she found herself picking a part whatever sort of 'situation' they had.

It was more than evident that Jackson didn't like her.

He always picked on her and compared to the other boys, he wanted the least to do with her. With the mean comments and snarky remarks, she didn't think her and Jackson could ever get along.

But then there were these weird moments.

Like when he held her as she fell asleep or when he dried her hair or saved her from those punk kids.

It just confused her.

Was he her friend? Or did he not just like her at all?

And to make it more confusing, it seemed like he hated her but he was the one who sought her out and he was the one who kept coming up to her.

She didn't even know what to think.

Her mind kept drifting to the possibility of an ulterior motive.

When the clock struck 12, the TA strode into the class with his glasses perched on his nose as he prepped the lesson material.

Areum just kept her gaze out the window as she tapped her pencil against the table. She wondered what Ara was doing. She hadn't called her sister since the Halloween party, so she figured she should get on that when she got home. She hoped her sister was having a better time over abroad than she was having at school.

Areum was going through a list of To-Do's in her head that she didn't even notice that the TA started the lesson.

"Alright class, we have a little housekeeping to do before we start today. I have some pretty exciting news today. We have a very special guest with us. He's just graduated and is becoming a Teacher's Assistant, just like myself. But since he hasn't chosen which school he wants to work at, the Dean has granted him special permission to sit in on a few of your lectures to get a feel of the school. So please take care of him and for the love of God don't do anything that'll make him pick another school."

The students chuckled at their teacher's dramatic look while other students busied themselves with gossip about the new transfer.

"I wonder if he's hot. Apparently a lot of the new TA's are a lot younger."

"We really need more hot TA's and younger ones too. All the hot ones are too old."

Areum was completely unaware of what was going on around her as she was distracting, making a list of things she needed to get done by the end of the week.

"Please welcome Wang Ka Yee to the class."

Areum froze in her seat, her pen poised above her notebook as the most exquisite emotions slammed her body.

She stifled a gasp as shivers ran down her arms and the core of her stomach clenched in delight. She stared at her arms and widened her eyes as goose bumps started to appear.

Her head felt light headed and she just felt a feeling of general bliss wash over her. It spread from her toes, up her stomach and past her chest being crawling up the apples of her cheeks until her eyes glazed over.

She blinked, dazed, at the paper in front of her as she tried to reorganize herself. The feeling didn't go away and instead, it intensified.

She could barely make out the murmurs of appreciation from the students as they stared at the new assistant teacher.

"Thank you but you can just call me Jackson."

Areum shot her head up at gaped at the familiar boy who stood at the front of the class wearing a button down shirt, a pair of jeans and smirk.

No.

No.

No.

What?

Her breathing started to get staggered and her heart started strumming so fast that it hurt. She swallowed her spit down as the reality set in.

He was there.

He was standing right there.

In her class.

As a…Teacher's Assistant.

Bull.

Something wasn't right.

-----

The minute Jackson stepped into the room all he could smell was Areum. There were about 20 other students with over 100 different smells, but all he could comprehend was raspberries. His eyes immediately went searching for her, wanting to see the reaction to his entrance, but when he found her in the corner he got something so much better.

She was wearing his shirt.

She was wearing the shirt he had leant her to sleep in underneath her leather jacket. She was radiating his scent all over her. It was as if she was stamping his ownership on her body.

He felt his mouth start to water and his inner wolf purr at the sight.

'Yours. All yours.'

When she locked eyes with him, the look of shock was so evident that he almost bursted out laughing.

"Please treat Mr. Wang with the utmost respect, he may be young, but he is your superior."

Jackson smiled sweetly, his gaze never leaving Areum's eyes, "Oh no, Just call me Jackson, I prefer the students be…comfortable with me."

"O-Oh. Okay, then. Well, just take a seat wherever's comfortable. I suggest the back so that you can get a better view of the whole class…room?"

The TA along with all the other students gaped as Jackson, cutting the teacher off mid sentence, made a beeline straight for Areum before slipping into the chair beside her.

Areum just stared at his profile, with an open mouth and wide eyes as the other students whispered and stared at the pair.

"Why is he sitting with her?"

"Poor Jackson, he doesn't even know who she is."

"There are like 15 other empty seats, why heerrrr?"

"Another reason to hate her, I guess."

Areum's eyes flickered over the students before she quickly looked away, prickled by their reaction but she barely focused on their mean words because she was far more distracted by the male sitting beside her.

No. This can't be happening.

Jackson's eyes twitched when he heard the harsh words directed at him mate, but it only fuelled his hatred for humans more. They didn't even know him and they were already possesive, hating on Areum just because he chose to sit beside her.

Human really were the most petty creatures in the world.

She couldn't help herself and let her eyes slide to the side and stare at him without moving her head. The teacher had already started the lesson, but Areum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter