Chapter 4

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum walked into the large mansion with her red hood covering most of her face. Loud bass music was vibrating through the walls and coloured strobe lights were painting over the scantily clad bodies.

The dance floor made up 90% of the floor but she still managed to keep her head down and move to the kitchen. Her eyes zeroed in on large cooler and she headed straight for it. She scanned the drinks before reaching down to pull out a bottle of beer.

"Hey Little Red, want to let me ride your hood?"

Areum's body tensed as she spun around with  the frosty bottle.

Yang stood behind her wearing nothing but a pair of trunks with the words LIFEGUARD painted on.

"Go die." Areum hissed as she tried to move around him.

"Awww, come on, you surely didn't come dressed up just to see Yoomi." He leaned over her and reached for her rear. "I know you want me."

Before he could touch her, she grabbed his wrist and kicked at his calf, tripping him until he landed on his back.

"Touch me again and I'll suffocate you with your own ego." She snapped

"I'll get you Areum, just watch," He said with an embarrassed smirk when people noticed him on the ground.

"Whatever." She muttered before walking straight to the dance floor, blending into the crowd until she found a small secluded space away from the moving bodies. She snapped a quick picture to send to her sister before settling in.

She already regretted coming and quite frankly seeing Yang's face made her want to fling herself off a building.

She leaned her back against the wall and nursed her beer as she watched everyone dance. She spotted Yoomi dressed like a playboy bunny grinding on some freshman.

Areum winced and looked away. Suddenly the front door swung open and a small group of boys walked in. They caught her eye when she noticed a group of girls that were dancing near the door stopped and turned to stare at them. With hearts in their eyes and drool on their lips

She couldn't see their faces properly but she could tell that they didn't notice the girls that were already flocking to their side as they weaved through the people.

Jackson winced at the loud music and pushy girls.

Humans disgusted him.

He had no idea how he or his leader allowed Mark to talk them into doing this. Everything was so loud and jerky.

The other boys were bouncing in anticipation, but Jackson was just looking for an easy way out. He couldn't stand one human, how was he expected to be around a hundred of them.

He just wanted to set the place on fire.  

Jackson took in the scene in front of him. Gyrating bodies, music too loud to even hear it, cheap alcohol: quantity over quality and frugal attempts to make rodent costumes look y.

Humans were literally the stupidest race, even if he was half of one.

The pack moved further into the crowd, ignoring the lecherous gazes, enjoying the atmosphere.  

Suddenly something hit him.

It hit him so hard that he almost stumbled back.

Through the alcohol and sweat, a scent hit him.

A scent so sweet and so strong that it made his mouth water.

Raspberries.

His eyes scanned the room, in search of the source while Mark and Yugyeom left in search for drinks. Those two boys already had a mini following of girls that they didn't even notice.  The other guys hit the dance floor, also attracting their own group of fans.

Jackson didn't understand how humans could worship someone else that strongly. Why would they waste their time chasing after someone who wanted nothing to do with them?

It was pathetic.

A waft of air from the open door moved the scent back at Jackson, assaulting his senses.

Is someone handing out fresh raspberries at a party?

He went on his own journey, trying to follow the scent that pulled him away from the crowd, to a more isolated part of the house.

Then he saw her with her face covered by a hood, standing by the wall, watching the crowd.

Little Red Riding Hood.

Ironic.

He felt some weird outwardly force compelling him towards her. He had to get near her. He felt pulled.

Maybe she had eaten raspberries and he could smell it off of her. Maybe she'd tell him where he could get more.

But he overlooked the fact that he had picked up the scent over the smell of a100 other people.

He felt someone grab his arm and felt the urge to rip the arm off and throw it away. He glared at the girl holding him back.

"You're new. I've never seen you around. Want to dance?" Jackson stared at the girl's attempt at dressing as a rabbit and smirked.

He leaned down and kept his lips levelled to her ear, "You're trying too hard. Everyone can tell."

Yoomin stared at him in shock and he flick her hand off his arm and headed to the girl who had raspberries.

When he got closer he felt a strangest sensation flicker in his stomach. It was burning. His head was spinning and he wondered how that was happening when he barely has a drop of alcohol in his system. He was already feeling intoxicated.

It felt like fireflies were fluttering inside his veins in wisps and curls. It made him feel like a stranger in his own skin.

He didn't realize that he had closed in on her and was already standing next to her, staring at her half covered face.

What the hell is going on with me?

Get it together, Jackson.

Areum tensed when she felt something suddenly burning in her stomach.

It came out of nowhere.

She felt like sparks were sizzling up and down her body. She shifted uncomfortably and looked around, trying to find the source of the strange sensation. There must be a reason that it was slowly bubbling up.

It was her instinct.

But she had no clue was she was feeling it.  

It was like little fizzling pops running up and down her skin, making her heart strum speedily and her body twitch in anticipation.

She turned and felt her head spin deliriously. A pair of bright purple eyes flashed at her. She felt the air around her ignite as she stared at the mysterious tanned stranger.

Neither of them spoke but they just exchanged long gazes.

She blinked at his purple eyes, she wanted to open and speak, but she couldn't find the right words. 

Her breathing became heavier as she tilted her head back against the wall unable to keep her body up straight.

The beer must have really taken a toll on her because she felt like she was flying all of a sudden.

She felt euphoric.  

He pushed himself off the wall beside her and stood in front of her, with barely an inch of space between them.

He found the sudden, unexplainable urge to get closer to her, to test the waters and try to figure out, what the hell was going on with him.  That was before his mind went on autopilot and his body acted on its own.

"Wha--" Her words cut off with an audible gasp when two warm hands trailed up her neck. The second she felt his touch, she felt her mind explode.

She blinked heavily at him and tried to take in his face. His eyes were sharp, purple, and daunting. They didn't look warm nor lustful, they looked…cold and confused.

The look in his eyes didn't match the softness of his hands on her. It was just the tips of his fingers tracing her skin but his eyes were burning in…irritation?

She couldn't place it. It was confusing her. But she wasn't thinking properly herself.

His pinks lips were parted with small pants as he moved closer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter