Drinking

A Hundred percent of madness

 

 

„A little more to the right.“

I watched Hyukjae as he navigated two of my students who were holding a wide flat TV. They were trying to fit the object into the crazy teacher´s office, not even minding what a ruckus they were causing. Hyukjae himself was sitting behind his desk and checking the angle.

“Now, that´s a pretty view! Thanks guys, I´ll buy you a beer or something next time,” Hyukjae stood up and patted the boys on their backs. The students left and a music channel was tuned on the TV. I was stunned. Did he just offer to buy his students alcohol?

“Beer? You promised them a beer?” I couldn´t believe it.

“So what? They are adults, aren´t they? And I don´t think they would want a cookie instead,” Hyukjae laughed loudly. This wasn´t a joking matter, this guy can´t be an educator.

“I too believe that a meal would be better than alcohol,” my co-worker said. Hyukjae came out of his office and went to sit on her desk.

“Seohyun, don´t be so uptight. Being serious is fine but do you really think they would help me move this heavy TV for anything less than a beer?” He raised his eyebrows at her as if waiting for her answer but when she tried to say something he interrupted her.

“While we´re at it, how about a welcome party or something tonight?” Hyukjae grinned.

“But tomorrow is a working day too,” I exclaimed.

“I know and I also plan to come to work tomorrow, don´t know about you, though. You look like a light weight when it comes to alcohol,” the white head smirked at me.

“Many people believe that one of the quickest ways of building friendship and office camaraderie is to get drunk together but hard drinking has become a growing issue in South Korea forcing the government to launch a marketing campaign to reign in its citizens' boozing. The average person of drinking age in South Korea knocks back 13.7 shots of liquor per week, more than in any other country in the world!” I used all my best statistics to stop this bastard from ruining the morals of this cabinet even more.

“Well, now that Donghae gave us all the needed arguments, we can go. As a proud Koreans we have some shots to knock tonight,” Hyukjae turned it against me, “you are coming too, Siwon, to built some camaraderie with me.”

The white head turned off his TV and put on his large coat. He tore a paper from my notebook and wrote an address on it also with a pen that was mine. For a moment I was surprised by the beautiful handwriting that didn´t fit his crazy personality the slightest. Hyukjae gave the paper to Seohyun who was looking at him confused.

“Let´s meet here around eight. I still have some business to attend so I´m leaving the leadership to you since you are the most capable person in this room,” he gave the girl his already famous wink and disappeared out in the hallway. It was quiet for a while before Siwon chuckled.

“Actually,” he shook his head in disbelief, “it sounds fun,” he finished to the contrast with his gesture. I exchanged a look with Seohyun, both of us having the same thought. If Choi Siwon says so...

As instructed we arrived to the address given by Hyukjae slightly after eight. We would come earlier but we all assumed that the skinny teacher would come late so we didn´t hurry. The restaurant looked cozy and the loud laugh and cheering coming from the inside indicated that the place was popular too. Hesitantly we entered looking for Hyukjae.

“Ah, here you are!” Someone exclaimed loudly and we turned around to see our new superior in the middle of the crowd holding a half-empty glass of some red liquor. Looking closely I recognized many of my students around him. Hyukjae excused himself to one of the ladies and made his way towards us. “The table at the corner was reserved for us, let´s sit there.” He smiled gently and led the way.

“Do you come here often?” Seohyun asked and naturally handed her coat to Hyukjae who automatically put it on the rack. This time it worked but I don´t think she should be so trusting towards him. Hyukjae doesn´t really look like a gentleman, he might not help her with her coat next time. C´mon, Siwon is the real gentleman here. The said man standing at the bar ordering for the three of us and paying with his own money. My best friend, you see.

“No, I´m not from this neighborhood but the students recommended this place the other day so I checked it out a few days ago. You don´t like it?” Hyukjae asked swirling the red liquid in his glass.

“It´s nice, don´t worry,” Seohyun answered. At that moment Siwon arrived with two beers and a glass of red wine.

“Good choice,” Hyukjae suddenly pointed to the wine glass, “girls from Donghae´s class said that the wine here is really nice because you don´t have a headache the next day,” he chuckled.

“How did you manage to gain all that info when you haven´t even had a lecture yet?” Siwon asked the exact same thing I was curious about.

“You must have not noticed me but I was wandering around the campus for a week already. Looking around and stuff,” Hyukjae surprised us with his answer.

“But I´m sure I would have noticed someone like you,” I said before I could stop myself. Did I sound too rude again? To wash down my mistake I quickly took the beer and sipped from it.

“It was much warmer last week so I was wearing just a shirt and jeans. Oh and yeah,” he laughed, “I hadn´t bleached my hair yet. I would even dare to say that you could confuse me with any other student at the campus.”

“I don´t think so,” I laughed and sipped from my beer greatly, “you´re too big of a weirdo to not get noticed.” After one more gulp from my glass I added: “First time I saw you I thought you were a bulky old man, haha! But you are just a skinny pal.” Hyukjae gave me a strange smile after this remark but then his eyes darted to the doors.

“I would really like to hear more on this topic but I have a debt to repay. I´ll be right back,” after this he stood up and with his glass in hand headed towards the bar. I turned around and saw the two students that helped him move the TV. He must have gone to buy them the beer. What a guy.

“Donghae!” Siwon made me turn my head back abruptly. “What in the hell are you saying? Where are your manners? You just directly insulted him!” Siwon spoke so harshly that his mustache almost dropped.

“Uh,” I put the beer on the table, “I must be already drunk, sorry.”

“Don´t apologize to us,” Seohyun gave me a warning look; “Hyukjae invited us here to become friends and now he´s surely offended. You have to do something, if you don´t want your office to be cold for the rest of the semester.” She was right as always this girl.

I drank the rest of my beer to encourage myself and went to find Hyukjae. I wasn´t sober anymore and if the guy didn´t have his fancy hair, I wouldn´t be even able to find him. Hyukjae was leaning against the bar and talking to my students. “Uh,” I said smartly.

“Hey, Donghae,” Hyukjae hurried to put his arm around my back, “you are already drunk? Let me drive you home.”

“Drunk driving caused 815 traffic deaths in 2013, with speed attributed to more than 500 fatalities,” I recited the data I knew by heart. Hyukjae laughed at me.

“I´m drinking juice, though.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New chapter! Don´t expect me to update everyday, though. :D I hope you like it. Hyukjae isn´t really crazy, he´s just making Donghae crazy you see. Wow, suju are over 4 milions views on youtube! And with every milion there will be a surprise for ELF according to Leeteuk! I´m sure they will win the triple crown. It´s been a long time since anyone had an all kill in music shows. - Sleeper PandaHero