Police

A Hundred percent of madness

 

 

“Hey, Donghae,” Hyukjae called from his office but I had too much work on my table to answer him properly so I only hummed in response. “Do you know everything in this world?”

“What kind of stupid question is that, Hyukjae?” I called back and Seohyun giggled. What a childish brat.

“Monkeys aren´t stupid so answer my question,” the white headed teacher lazily walked out of his office to sit on my already full table. I sighed.

“I´m sorry to disappoint you, my dear ape friend but the porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet, not monkey,” I told him without looking away from my papers.

“What a pity,” Hyukjae chuckled, “you water creatures are always above me, huh,” he joked and Seohyun giggled again.

“Seriously, Donghae. I´ve never met anyone like you,” Hyukjae raised his flat slightly so I could pull a notebook from under him.

“Me neither, don´t you have some work to do?” I wanted to get rid of him fast.

“Aw, that hurt,” Hyukjae held his chest pretending to be in pain, “okay, I´m going to look for fun somewhere else. Work hard, Donghae!” He mocked and skipped out of the room. For a second he stopped in the doors and I wondered if he wanted to say something but he was just waiting for Choco to follow him. What a lazy bum.

When the doors closed after the white haired teacher, the office became quiet again. But somehow it didn´t feel as much fun as before to bury myself in my work. Even the always serious Seohyun was sighing too much suddenly. Was she bored? I raised my head to look at Siwon and to my horror the latter was asleep. That Lee Hyukjae, since he has arrived the morals in our cabinet had fallen greatly. I frowned and put even more effort into the task in my hands. I´m not going to fall too.

For some time we continued to work in silence with only Siwon´s light snoring as the background music.  Hyukjae wasn´t returning and for some reason I was feeling slightly disturbed by it. Why, I didn´t know because the older teacher was gone all the time. I just had a bad feeling that grew even stronger when a sound of a police siren echoed through the school grounds. Suddenly the doors to our office went flying, revealing very much stressed Park Jungsoo with Choco in his arms. Siwon woke up with a jolt but nobody paid him any attention anymore. The news our director brought were too shocking to digest at the moment.

“Lee Hyukjae is being arrested for ual harassment!”

A stupid : “What?”, was my first reaction. I couldn´t believe what I had just heard and poor Siwon even thought it was still part of his wild dream.

“I don´t know the details yet but it seems like he made a move on one of his students and the girl got traumatized. Her mother called directly the police and now everything´s a mess! What do I do now?” Park Jungsoo stressed and started pulling on his hair.

“Where is Hyukjae?” Seouhyun asked him still in disbelief.

“I guess he´s down on the field,” Jungsoo answered and I sprung up. I rushed past the director and out on the hallway. I ran fast and skipped as many stairs as possible without falling down from them. Once I touched the ground again, I was in the athlete mode sprinting towards the field. When I arrived outside, just as Park Jungsoo warned, it was a mess. Tons of students and other people were swirling around the police car that was parked in front of the building. In the middle I spotted two policemen talking to Lee Hyukjae.

“Hyuk!” I called and made my way through the crowds of people. Standing next to Hyukjae I noticed a girl covering her face and crying. Her friends were trying to calm her down and a lady, probably her mother, was sprouting some nonsense at my white haired co-worker. “What´s going on?” I spoke to him.

“I´m being arrested, Donghae,” my friend answered calmly. I was flabbergasted by his cold attitude and the glassy stare of his was sending shivers down my spine.

“You didn´t do anything, did you?” I questioned. Hyukjae glanced around if the police was busy enough to not hear and leaned closer to me.

“That doesn´t matter, Donghae. What matters is whether you believe in me or not,” he told me in a low voice and then straightened back while averting his gaze from me. What kind of a puzzle is that again? This is a serious situation, why is he acting so impossibly complicated again.

“It looks like you will have to follow us to the police station, Mr. Lee,” one of the officers said and Hyukjae nodded his head simply. The Korean National Police is professional, well-trained and equipped, and present throughout the country. They possess the latest technology and employ specialists in all areas found in other modern police forces, including cyber-police, SWAT, riot control, EOD/EDD, dignitary protection and so on. Maybe I´m overreacting but using such a force on our Hyukjae? I was horrified by the cruelty of the situation but something didn´t miss my attention. Before my co-worker sat on the back seat of the police vehicle, he sent a gentle smile towards someone in the crowd. When I turned around I found the harassed girl biting her lip while watching her teacher leave the school in the most pompous way I´ve seen him leave so far. I guess I´ll have to speak to her if I want to find out what really happened.

“Hyuna?” I made her look up. “May I have a word with you?” I tried to follow Hyukjae´s gentle smile because I believed it was the way my friend wanted to solve the whole situation. But if I was to behave as myself, I would definitely at least yell at her. How dare she call the police on Hyukjae?! Anyway the girl nodded and after I managed to persuade her mother that her assistance is not needed, I sat Hyuna in Hyukjae´s office.

“To tell you honestly,” I started and handed her a cup of Hyukjae´s plum tea, “I don´t believe that Hyuk would do something like that. On the other hand he didn´t seem to struggle when he was being arrested so I guess he had a reason for it?” I asked her straight. Hyuna wiggled in her seat and bit her lip. At first I thought she wouldn´t speak but then she sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

“You are right, the story is a bit more complicated,” she opened her red lips, “but you should know that I´m telling you all this only because Hyuk Teach trusts you. I wouldn´t tell anyone else, not even the police,” she added and I felt like some really huge troubles are invading my life right now. I still have a chance to avoid them but I would be a horrible coward if I left Hyukjae in this mess alone.

“Tell me what happened,” I stated seriously and Hyuna too nodded in determination.

“Actually it was me who was trying to hit on the teach. But I was rejected of course and felt so embarrassed.” Why am I so relieved suddenly? The black haired girl sighed. “It happened yesterday but overnight the thing escalated. A girl that doesn´t really like me spread it on the internet and everyone started gossiping and then my mother found out. How, I don´t know,” Hyuna shook her head.” But to save myself I told her that Hyuk Teach was the one who was flirting with me. Before I knew it she was at school and scolding him. And he didn´t defend himself so my mom called the police,” the girl stood up almost dropping the cup of tea. “I didn´t intend for Hyuk Teach to go to prison!” She cried. So Hyuna wasn´t crying before because she was hurt by Hyukjae, she felt guilty.

“Why would he do such a thing?” I asked her. It was stupid to let yourself get arrested for such a stupid reason. But what do I expect from a monkey?

“While my mother was calling he told me something. He said that he would teach us not to lie next time and that he would teach us something about honesty and friendship,” Hyuna remembered. And suddenly everything clicked. That madman!

“Bring your gossiping friend tomorrow and both of you will apologise to each other and to Mr. Lee. I in the meantime have to go and pick him up from the jail!” I yelled and Hyuna only vigorously nodded her head.

So you want me to save you, huh? Friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! :) Tomorrow I´m going for my dreaded vacantion with my two friends! Wish us good weather and safe drive, please. But I´m not sure whether I´ll will be able to update. Probably not. So I´m posting this chapter and maybe there will be a double update tonight. I hope you like it! Finally some action, heh :D - Bureocrat PandaHero