Anger management

A Hundred percent of madness

 

 

Attempt number two! I´m definitely going to find out why Lee Hyukjae is supposed to be a genius. Seohyun gave up after the embarrassing incident last week. He totally humiliated us in front of the students. Now our cabinet has an official name too because of that bastard. I won´t tell you, though, since I don´t want you to call me with that stupid name too.

Wearing a hip hop styled hat and hoodie I slumped myself on the desk at the corner of the classroom. Hyukjae was having a lecture here in a minute and I was hoping that by pretending to be asleep on the desk I could infiltrate the class. Other students didn´t notice me, they probably thought I was a student too. My plan was working flawlessly!

“Good morning, guys,” Hyukjae announced and a bark followed. Did he bring Choco to his lecture too? I could neither check nor facepalm. “Before we start I have a short announcement.” My ears quirked. “Today you have to be super quiet, okay?” He said in a shushed voice. I knew it! He was going to say something bad or erted and so he doesn´t want anyone outside to find out! What a bad person!

“You see, I have a friend who is into hip-hop,” Hyukjae said mysteriously. Is he trying to push his students into some shady business or something? “And this friend was b-boying the whole night and now he finally got to take a nap over there so don´t wake him up, okay?” Wait, something is fishy.

“My friend Donghae is a really hardworking person,” Hyukjae then chuckled and I thought I would die of embarrassment. Pulling my hoodie lower to hide the red face I quickly stood up and ran away from the class. I could hear a huge laugh behind me. I went to change my clothes and didn´t return to school until it was nearing the time for my own lesson.

”Choco, look! It´s Donhgae, go and greet him!” I heard someone call from the hallway and before I knew it a bunch of orange fur was jumping under my legs. I sighed and bent down to pat the cute dog. I was still pretty confused why nobody forbids Hyukjae to bring the pet to school and even lets it run wildly around.

“What are you doing?” I asked Hyukjae who was sticking something on the door of our cabinet. He was wearing a red bandana on his white head and a dark green suit. I hissed at the combination.

“Just putting my name here so the kids know where to look for me,” he smiled and I nodded in understanding. I wanted to pass by but I happened to glance at the colourful paper pasted on the wood: ´The three teachers that fit through the door and Teach Hyuk+Choco couple´.

“Are you joking?” I widened my eyes at his impudence.

“Why? Students call us like that so what?” He only shrugged and I was ready to hit him when I got interrupted by someone.

“Teach Hyuk! The guys are fighting, please help,” one of the third-years begged Hyukjae.

The white head immediately pushed the tape and scissors into my hands and ran out. I quickly locked Choco in the office and pushing the tape into my pocket I sprinted after him. I didn´t know where to look for him but I could hear some loud noises coming from upstairs. I decided to check it out.

“Don´t!” A girl screamed and many more yells kept emerging the closer I was getting.

I found myself on the roof of the main building. About six students were there accompanied by Hyukjae. Four guys were fighting pretty near the edge of the roof and some girls were hiding in the corner, close to the doors where I was standing. The white haired teacher was standing in the middle of the roof back facing me. The situation was a mystery to me.

“You chose this idiot over me?!” One of the boys called out at the girl in the corner.

“The idiot is you if you couldn´t keep her!” Another guy from the crowd yelled and pushed the boy closer to the edge. This is dangerous, he could fall! I sprinted towards them to grab them or something but everything didn´t go as planned. The moment I was passing by Hyukjae, the teacher grabbed my collar from behind and made me hang in the air for a few seconds before he dropped me on the ground. The roof went suddenly quiet, everyone looking at me and Hyukjae.

“My,my. What a ruckus,” my co-worker sighed but didn´t move from his place. I hope he knows what he´s doing. “Are you fighting over a woman?” He asked the obvious.

“She said she loved me! You disgusting , why did you have to cheat?!” The betrayed boy screamed and pointed at a long haired girl.

“Don´t yell at me!” She returned and her affair, from what I could guess, immediately tacked down the cheated boy. The fight restarted and the other two boys joined the mess in order to help their friends. The situation was getting out of hand and I was becoming more and more worried. This might end ugly. Hyukjae started laughing all of a sudden. The noise stopped again and even I had to stare at the crazy man.

“Oh, how nostalgic. I once jumped from a window for a girl,” he chuckled. He what?! “ But in the end I got rejected anyway. Getting angry never works. Donghae give me some statistics.”

“What? So suddenly?” I became startled.

“You can do it even drunk so why not now, hurry up,” Hyukjae rudely ordered. Nevertheless I hurried to fish something out of my memory.

“Um, one out of five people,“ I counted quickly, “about twenty percent say that they have ended a relationship or friendship with someone because of how they behaved when they were angry.” I hoped it would be of any help to the teacher who raised his white eyebrows at me.

“Hm, nice one, Donghae,” he praised me and finally helped me back on my feet, “pity I didn´t know this ten years ago, duh.” Some of the students chuckled and the tense atmosphere started dissolving. “Nothing´s harder than having a good talk with somebody, but also nothing´s more helpful than that. It´s not like you can always guess what´s on the other´s mind, especially on woman´s,” he turned to the corner and grinned at the girls, “sorry.”

“Are you saying to talk it over a cup of tea?” The betrayed boy chuckled darkly.

“If you prefer tea over wine,” Hyukjae shrugged, “but I´m not a counsellor, I´m just your teacher. I can´t lead your life for you. You have to do it by yourself but you can´t ever forget that whatever you do will have influence on somebody else. When I jumped from the window, I broke my friend´s walkman. Because of that my friend couldn´t concentrate during his soccer match and injured his ankle.” Hyukjae walked slowly between the two fighting men during his speech and wrapped his arm around the cheated boy.

“Today you earned a meaningful scar but this friend of yours,” he pointed to a tall battered guy, “came to help you out. How about you take him out for some soju tonight instead of this mess? It´s a secret but I drank about three bottles after my break-up and even cried,” Hyukjae grimaced and made a pitiful face with a huge pout as a highlight. He patted his back and surprisingly the boy smiled a little.

I couldn´t believe it. Hyukjae´s past was slightly disturbing but his reasoning hit the spot perfectly. It was a weird combination of wisdom and idiocy. But I still wasn´t sure if I wanted to be a teacher like that. It was way too reckless but probably nothing to get angry over. Hyukjae was right with the anger stuff. Forty-five percent of staff regularly loses their temper at work and unfortunately since Hyukjae´s arrival I have to include myself into this group too.

I decided as a prize for handling this situation well, I wouldn´t get angry at Hyukjae for that paper he pasted on the door. Sounds fair enough for today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Everyone kept asking about Hyukjae´s teaching techniques. Here´s a small peek into it! :) I hope you like the update and thank you for your support. Right now listening to Eunhae "Still you", it´s such a nice song always making me stop doing things and just listen. Thank you and good night (nice day for those in different meantime) - Designer PandaHero