Orientation

A Hundred percent of madness

 

 

Finally I was done at work and could leave. I was walking down towards the gates when I heard somebody call my name. I turned around and spotted an economy teacher rushing towards me. I patiently waited for him to catch up to me because I was curious about what this guy wants to discuss with me. We aren´t really close friends.

“Hello,” Mr. Choi greeted, “would you mind if I invited you for a drink? I would like to ask you something.” And of course I agreed since my curiosity got the best out of me.

We went to a small cosy restaurant not very far from the college and ordered drinks and some snacks. I didn´t want to get drunk again. The nervous tall man was wiggling on his seat. I guess the matter must be something personal or uncomfortable.

“So what was it you wanted to ask?” I started because waiting for him seemed like a waste of time.

“I´m not actually sure,” he scratched his head nervously, “but I guess I would like a little advice.”

“I don´t know if I can help you, our fields are slightly different,” I reasoned.

“I didn´t come to talk about work. It´s about Lee Hyukjae,” I should have known that the unlucky persona would show up sooner or later. “Are you close?” Mr. Choi rushed to ask.

“I wouldn´t say we are close but we spend a lot of time together at school since he´s my supervisor. Why do you ask, though? Did he cause you any problems?” I was becoming slightly worried.

“No! It´s actually the opposite,” Mr. Choi started waving his hands in denial. Then what is it if not troubles? “I would like you to introduce me if it´s not too much hassle for you,” the tall man´s voice broke.

“Why?” I only asked. Did he also want to find out, what was so special about Hyukjae? Or is it work related? Maybe Hyukjae really caused some troubles but Mr. Choi wants to take care of it discreetly. That must be it, I can´t think of any more reasons.

“To be honest,” Mr. Choi took a sip from his drink to encourage himself, “I find Lee Hyukjae very attractive and since he started wearing those impossibly short pants,” a quick break to catch his breath, “I finally decided to approach him.”

I was sitting there like a statue not knowing what to answer. I tried to put together all his words and the outcome of my thinking sounded too crazy for me to comprehend. Do I get it right that Choi Minho is interested in Hyukjae romantically? He wants me to introduce the latter to him? Is he gay? Don´t get me wrong, I don´t have anything against homouality. It is generally held that approximately four to ten percent of any population is reportedly gay. The number given varies based on different study methods and the fact not everyone will admit to being gay or biual when asked even in completely confidential surveys. So I opt to admire Mr. Choi for confidently going after his, let´s say crush, instead of feeling disgusted feelings towards him.

“Well,” I cleared my throat and tried not to sound too shocked, “I don´t think it should be a problem to introduce you two. That´s all I can help you with, thought.”

“No, that´s more than enough,” the economy teacher exclaimed totally hyped by my simple answer. I guess I made him happy.

We chatted for a little while about some work related issues and soccer. Choi Minho didn´t bring up the topic of Lee Hyukjae anymore and I felt relieved. Although I supported him, I didn´t exactly know how to react to this. And honestly I couldn´t even imagine how my white haired colleague would react. Was Hyukjae gay? Probably not. He had talked about girlfriend before and once in a while he would throw a remark about girls´ legs or short skirts. But what do I know about Lee Hyukjae?

Nevertheless just as promised, I invited Choi Minho for lunch at school cafeteria. Hyukjae became quickly friends with the economy teacher and I was becoming curious on how their relationship would continue. Would it escalate? I know I shouldn´t be nosy but what can I do? I´m curious by nature. I wouldn´t be a teacher if I wasn´t.

“You don´t need to win every single match, you know,” Hyukjae rolled his eyes leaned into his leather chair. His long fingers were poking the whipped cream on the little cupcake that was sitting on a plate in front of the teacher.

“But the students want our university team to win!” Minho seated on the couch next to me retorted.

“They want to play in the first place. You should be their support and not steal the spotlight,” Hyukjae attacked the little cupcake.

“You say that because you are jealous. You want to play too, don´t you? But sorry, you wouldn´t be able to even support the team from the back,” Minho laughed. I was watching the show with Choco on my lap and my hands in the fluffy fur. We were both only an audience.

“I got an idea,” Hyukjae´s eyes widened and his characteristic smirk was plastered on his bothersome face. “Let´s have a bet! We have a football match and if we win, you have to change your position in the university team to a goal keeper. Are you scared, Minho?”

“And what if I win?” The economy teacher was in for the challenge.

“I´ll come to school in a skirt!” Hyukjae stood up and made a funny pose. I laughed at their crazy bet when something very disturbing invaded my mind. I stopped laughing and for the first time decided to enter the conversation.

“Wait, why did you say ´if WE win´?” I asked nervously and Choco whined. The dog could feel the troubles coming too. Hyukjae didn´t answer but the smirk and wiggling of his eyebrows in my direction were clear signals.

In the evening I was leaving the university in a rush, so I would evade Hyukjae who was still trying to persuade me to participate in his bet. I already decided that the latter was gay since his relationship with Minho seemed to gradually improve. At first I was rather amazed that there are two teachers like that in my close range. But I looked up some recent statistics which very much cleared everything. In line with their higher levels of education, people in same- couples are more likely than those in opposite- couples to work in highly skilled occupations such as managers or professionals. So I guess it´s normal to find them at university.

“Donghae!” I cursed myself for daydreaming and letting Hyukjae catch me. “Don´t avoid me. Why don´t you want to play?” He asked me not allowing me to escape from this conversation.

“How do you know I can play? I´m a terrible player, go find someone better,” I wanted to get rid of him. I don´t understand why I´m so irritated by this whole thing.

“The kids told me. You played once as a replacement before and they said you were pretty good. C´mon, it´s for a good thing!” Hyukjae begged.

“It´s a match between you and Minho, I don´t want to intervene between you two,” I told him coldly and started walking towards the gates again.

“So I was right. You knew about it,” Hyukjae sighed, “we´re only friends, I rejected him.” I stopped and turned to him. In sheer horror I realised that I was actually pretty glad to hear about it. Why? Because it seethed my curiosity? Because I would feel uncomfortable if Hyukjae was gay? Because I didn´t want Hyukjae to go out with the economy guy? Donghae, think logically and for the God´s sake answer something!

“Uh, you said it was for a good thing?” I awkwardly changed the topic. But Hyukjae didn´t torture me and went along.

“Yeah, It´s not right for a teacher to play instead of his students,” Hyukjae put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me seriously, “I know we can crush him together.” I sighed tiredly.

“Okay.” Hyukjae patted my cheek as thanks and all happy started skipping back towards the university. I touched my cheek and shook my head. So who does he prefer anyway?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I had lots of things to so the update got delayed a bit. I hope it´s good enough at least. The Ladies Code accident is a big tragedy, I hope the girls rest in peace. Thank you for all your support and let´s fight for Mamacita so our boys get what they deserve! - Helper PandaHero