First meeting

A Hundred percent of madness

 

 

A strong wind was blowing, making the morning even chillier. It was still September but the weather could be compared to that of in November. It was even raining slightly but I didn´t care. Snuggling into my coat I continued on my way to school. Today was a special day so I smiled widely even though the wind was trying to pull the coat away from me. Excited I started walking faster to be at my work place quickly.

“Lee Donghae! Thank God, he´s here already!” The head of the Sociology department, Park Jungsoo, yelled as soon as I entered the university.

“But I even came early! Twenty-seven percent of workers come to work late at least once a month but I don´t belong among them!” I defended.

“I know but that person is waiting for fifteen minutes already and that´s not good for us,” Park Jungsoo leaned closer to whisper into my ear, “he doesn´t seem like a nice person and you let him wait!”

Hearing this I gulped loudly. I was so looking forward to today and now everything´s going to be ruined. You see, I work as a teacher at a private university. As you know schools like this aren´t as popular as national universities so you can´t expect our students to be the top class either. And that is exactly why this special person had to arrive. A teacher that will raise the standard of our faculty since he´s called a genius. According to many, this person managed to bring out the best of the students and teachers likewise in his previous schools. And he´s going to work in my department now. I´ve always dreamt of becoming the greatest teacher and all my hopes are now lying on our guest. I want to learn as much as I can from this experienced cantor. But it seems like I already made a bad impression on him without even meeting him. Sigh, what a rough day.

“What are you waiting for? He´s over there,” the director pointed at the sofa and I could see a person back-facing me sitting there.

“Okay, wish me luck, please,” I said.

“Forget about luck, this guy is our last chance, Donghae” Jungsoo warned, “If he leaves, we are doomed and the rector will fire us. Get it you ?” I nodded obediently and this was the signal for the director to release me.

Nervously biting my lip I started walking slowly towards the sofa. The much older man was sitting there as I could tell from his white mop of hair. He had still a coat on him but his shoulders looked pretty wide. I guess he´s a huge respectable elder which shouldn´t be taken lightly. Coming as close as I dared I spoke up hesitantly.

“Mr. Lee?” He didn´t turn around but his shoulders were shaking visibly. Is he that angry? “Um-“

“!” Unexpectedly loud and high voice yelled and the man stood up abruptly. My jaw almost dropped when Mr. Lee Hyukjae turned around.

Respectable elder my ! The guy could have been my age, his hair was just extremely bleached to the point it looked white. His statue wasn´t big either. The huge coat hiding about three layers of clothing, every one of them extravagant. Overall he looked very unusual and stylish but definitely not like an educator. I was dumbfounded.

“Oh, you must be Donghae,” the white head took his eyes out of the game console he was holding, “nice to meet you.” He stretched his hand to greet me. I still couldn´t believe my eyes and wanted to say something nasty to the vulgar person in front of me. Unfortunately I was also very well aware of the director´s presence and decided to act nicely instead. I shook my hand with him.

“You look exactly the way I imagined you,” Lee Hyukjae smiled at me. Well, sorry to disappoint you but you look awfully bad compared to how I imagined you. I wanted to say but once more held back.

“Nice to meet you too,” the most neutral sentence I could use at the moment.

“Sorry for startling you before,” Lee Hyukjae sighed, “but this game was giving me a hard time for the past three days. My hair almost turned white because of it,” he joked waving the console in his hand. I wasn´t amused, though.

This person was a big disappointment for me. How can I become a better teacher thanks to him? How in the hell can he help our school anyway? It´s more like he came to lower the standards of our university. This day was just getting worse.

“Would you like to see your office?” I changed the topic, coldly ignoring the poor joke.

“As expected this school is no fun either,” the punk teacher returned with the exactly same cold tone and passed right through me. Suddenly I felt a little pang of guilt. I was treating Lee Hyukjae way too rudely for the first meeting. On the other hand when two parties meet for the first time, only 2 percent make a deal. I´m not a seller but the first day means nothing compared to the whole semester, right?

I opened the doors on the second floor where I and another two teachers had our cabinet. I walked through the still empty room with three tables and opened another door that led to a smaller but definitely nicer office.

“Here you can put your stuff. I was informed that all the necessary information you already got from the director but if you have any problem or questions, I´ll be of help,” I attempted for a smile. Fail.

“Hm,” the white head waltzed into the office looking carefully at everything, “not enough place to dance in but a flat TV could fit, don´t you think?” He noted and once more I was looking at him flabbergasted.  “You don´t have to look at me like that. I´m not asking for a TV, I´ll bring it from my previous office.” He said as if nothing. Who is this guy? Is he really a teacher? Maybe it´s not Lee Hyukjae, maybe I took the wrong person?

“Are you really Mr. Lee Hyukjae?” I wanted to make sure.

“It´s just Hyukjae for you, Donghae, I´m only a few months older after all,” Hyukjae winked.

I was probably about to say something rude again when a girly scream echoed in the hallway. This happens a lot and I´ve learnt to ignore it. The kids here are as noisy as high schoolers. Most of them not mature enough to attend better universities thus ending up here. Lee Hyukjae stopped in his tracks and his smirk vanished. In longs steps he walked out of the office, through the cabinet and on the hallway. I rushed after him to inform him that it wasn´t anything unusual and that he didn´t need to worry but the punk teacher had a better idea.

“Hey baby!” Hyukjae called after a bunch of female students that were laughing and screaming happily. The girls stopped to look at the weirdo. “Although I love charismatic voices, this might be a little too much for my little puppy. Tone it down, love, I´ll be grateful,” he added a wink.

I´ve never seen anything like this. The hallway looked as if the time had stopped. All the students and staff were frozen in their places wondering about the same things. Who is this guy? What in the world did he just say? And what little puppy? I hope he didn´t mean anything erse or I´m committing suicide right at this moment.

“Hey, Choco!” Hyukjae´s voice broke the dead silence. From one of the big pockets of his huge coat poked a ginger head of a small fluffy dog. The puppy barked and Hyukjae pulled it out. The little dog started running around his legs and in a second all the girls were on their knees patting the fluffy thing asking Hyukjae silly questions.

“See? He wouldn´t come out if it was too noisy,” Hyukjae commented and shot another annoying wink at me. I could already feel the terrible headache coming. How do I handle this guy?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! So here´s my new Eunhae idea! :D I was waiting for the comeback so I could describe Hyukjae´s hair, duh. I know it´s a bit chaotic and not well written but I hope it will get better soon. I´ll try harder next time T_T I promise! The Mamacita album is really daebak, don´t you think? They made a cool stage out of a crazy teaser. Also "Shirt". Oh I´m so in love with it. For tho who don´t know yet: lyrics - partially Donghae, rap - Heechul, Eunhyuk, choreo - Shindong, Eunhyuk. This guys are geniuses. Have a nice day and thank you for reading. - Driver PandaHero