Eric Past

My Heroes

Kyung Mi POV

Eric's just stared at me with confusion. His mouth kept opening and closing the words not being able to come out of his mouth.

"You remember? What do you remember Mimi?" he said in a whisper like if someone was listening to us in the empty room.

He just stared at me with wide eyes for me to speak. I just stared back at him not finding any words to say. The images just kept playing in my head. JB and I laughing and then there was Mark and I leaning into each other. What looked like if we were about to kiss...

I closed my eyes shaking my head slowly lifting my hands up to massage my temples trying to catch my breath. I could feel Eric trying to stay calm as well, I breathed in again before looking back up at him moving my hands to the side.

"It seemed like Mark and I had something...." I started saying not finishing the sentence, because I did not know what we had.

Eric just looked at me with a blank look. Why didn't he seem more surprised? I just looked back at him waiting for him to say something but he did not and after a few seconds I gave up and spoke first

"Why don't you look more surprised?" I asked casually looking at his face. He blinked with a confused look. "Huh?" He said under his breath. It seemed like if he knew what was happening now and not in his own world anymore.

"Uhhh.. I mean... Mimi didn't you see how that Mark kid looks at you?" he asked with

I blinked looking at him speechless. He looked at me in a way? What kind of way?

"What are you talking about Eric? What kind of way does he look at me?" I asked him with my eyebrows raised wanting an answer

"What I mean is that he looks at you the way I looked at Ji-Eun" He said while giving me a small smile that didn't reach his eyes because his eyes showed sadness.

I looked at him giving him a small smile back while putting my hand on his shoulder knowing he was now thinking about Ji-Eun. I looked at my hand and remembered Ji-Eun as well.

Eric and Ji-Eun were high school sweethearts. I met her a few months before she passed away. We got along great I believed we could grow even fonder of each other, but she was diagnosed with leukemia on her yearly check up of the doctor.

Just 3 months after she was diagnosed she passed away. Eric tried his best to make the last few months of her life the best. They traveled a lot, from Brazil to Peru and Spain to England. Even though the doctor suggested it wasn't good for her to travel a lot she still wanted to go.

She passed away on the beach in Eric's arms that were wrapped around her while looking at the sunset go down. He kept her in his arms till someone found him crying with her cold body in his arms.

Even though it was 2 years ago it still a fresh wound in his heart losing her. I looked at him and saw his eyes starting to water my heart ached seeing him. I did the one thing that I knew can show him my comfort and that was a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and tip toed so I was able to snuggle my face in his neck. "It relaxes him" Ji-Eun would say to us.

He wrapped his arms around and after a few seconds and we stayed like that until we heard a door suddenly slam open making both of us look towards the door, seeing everyone there just looking at us

With JB and Mark in the front with a deadly look directed towards Eric.