Chapter 1

My Heroes

Haven't you ever wondered why you were chosen for your parents? I have every day of my life sense I turned 10. I'm the only daughter of Korea's "It" Couple and I'm supposed to be the happiest 19 year old in the world.

 

But instead of living a princess fairy tale I feel like I'm living in hell..

 

Nobody knows how I really look like. Haha you must wonder how right? Well I have always had a "replacement" whenever my parents had huge events and had to be seen with their "perfect" family. That means if I walked out of the house right now I wouldn't be recognized. That's the best part of my life but also the saddest.

 

The best part of my entire life were the times with my Granny.. Sense the day I was born I have been taken care of by Granny my own Nannie she has always been there for me. In my childhood when I would fall and scratch myself, she would kiss it and say "Ommo Ommo did my Minnie fall?" or when I had teenage problems like boys she would be my shoulder to cry on and eat ice cream with me all night. Granny was my everything My best friend, my mother, my Nannie.

 

But on June 26, 2012 was the day my world crashed down. Granny died in a bus accident when she was on her way to see her family in Busan.

 

I cried all day. Alone with nobody there to hold me. Granny has worked twenty years for my parents. I thought they would have felt at least a little sad.

 

But the first thing my mother said "Well then we will have to find a new Nannie for you Park Kyung Mi" those words hurt me even more.

 

Wasn't she even a little sad! She did raise her only daughter when she didn't even want to herself!! "Are you even human? How can you say that when Granny just passed away!" I screamed at her

 

She looked at me with an horrified expression.. I was shocked myself I have never disobeyed even worse screamed at my parents but this was the last straw..

 

"Park Kyung Mi! You dare scream at your own mother like this for a lowlife, old grandmother!" She screamed looking outraged

 

I dropped my head to not look at her angered face "At least she was a true mother instead of a stranger" I said standing up from the couch walking away but I didn't get far away

 

"If we are strangers to you then leave this house. Forget we are your parents, and get out now" my mother said walking ahead of me to her bedroom.

 

My father came out after a few minutes from his office he looked at me with no expression and went into his bedroom.

 

I looked at their bedroom door for a few minutes until it finally hit me that I had nobody now I was truly alone. Walking towards the front door I grabbed my jacket from the rack and opened the door, the cold air hit me sense it was the middle of January. I closed the door behind me with nothing but jeans, boots, and a long sweater and jacket on. I had no phone or money on me nothing.

 

It was around 3:00am so there were no cameras or paparazzi around. I walked down the long stairs outside walking around the pool that was at the entrance of the stairs.

 

I made my way towards the huge gates that secured  the mansion. The security guard opened the door after I told him and let me outside. While the doors were closing behind me I kept walking forward never looking back at my old home.

 

I walked towards the city that was around a 30 minute walk, but I enjoyed it. Seeing all the snow around me made me feel like I wasn't in my own reality anymore.

 

The city lights looked like stars in the dark night with all its beautiful colors. This was a sign that i just had to walk at least 10 more minutes until I arrived.

 

When I finally made it I headed directly towards the place I needed to go.

 

Destiny Night Club.

 

The highest building that would be opened at this hour. I saw the jumpers at the entrance checking ID cards for every person that entered.

 

I had nothing on me and I was also underage so I had no other option then too sneak inside.

 

I walked towards the back of the building that was blocked by two huge trash dispensers I looked up at them and got ready to jump.

 

Being in Tae Kwon Do/Martial Arts throughout my whole childhood till now was really helpful for these situations.

 

In one swift movement I was up and down to the other side heading towards the back door to get inside

 

I was lucky to open it and see no bodyguard standing there. I sneaked inside and went into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror

 

I had my mother’s looks but my father’s smile. Still looking at myself in the mirror someone came inside I looked towards her and she looked bad she went straight to the toilet bowl and threw up.

 

I left right away sense I have a sensitive stomach myself. I went into the club and it was packed, music blasting in the enormous speakers and people were dancing extremely close to each other.

 

I looked for the stairs and found them at the other side of the room. I had to go through the "dance floor" to arrive at my last destination I was just a few feet away from them until a fight broke out and people started pushing me further away from the stairs.

 

It broke up by bodyguards and the one who started it got kicked out but the other guy stayed and was joined by 5 other guys giving him back slaps

 

I power walked towards the stairs and got their in seconds. I climbed up and opened the outside door. It looked beautiful out here the sky dark with tiny lighting stars covering parts of it.

 

The rooftop had rails on them to protect people from not falling but I was the opposite I wanted to fall and die and leave the awful reality I lived in.

 

I went straight to the railings and looked down the 5 story building. Making my final decision I climbed up the railings and out of protection looking up at the sky "Granny I'll see you again soon" I said looking up at the stars. Then I closed my eyes getting prepared to leave everything behind when... 
 

 

"STOP!"