WHEN SUMMER LOVE STARTS

MY SUMMER LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Joo –“His hands cups her face. Yong’s heart was hammering – he’d kissed a number of girls before and he knew how exhilarating first kisses were. But there was something so heartbreakingly innocent about Joo that he wanted to make this first kiss memorable for her.  This kiss would be a turning point for both of them.

“Will you kiss me Yong?” She repeated. “Because if you don’t – I’ll just have to kiss you.”  Not waiting for his answer she tiptoes and kisses him.  Her soft lips against his – pressing.  It was awkward and cute. That she didn’t have any experience in kissing made him crazy happy. 

His hand holds the nape of her neck and pulls her closer.  “Open your mouth Cheonsa – just a little.” He whispers against her lips.  Despite of the roaring in her ears, Joo hears his voice and did what she was told. He was the first person she ever really dreamed of kissing - since she met him the second time. His lips were soft against hers – rubbing and .  When his tongue went inside she let out a gasp and instinctively stilled.

“Relax Cheonsa – let me kiss you.” He tells her softly before kissing her again.  They kissed in that landing for a good 5 minutes until one of the tenants coming up the stairs jokingly told them that PDAs weren’t allowed in stairwells. They had laughed in embarrassment and then had gone up to her apartment.  When Yong left after 2 hours, Joo was fairly certain that she was a very good pupil in the art of French kissing.

After that night they were inseparable.  Yong would take her to school and he would be waiting for her at the library for their tutoring session.   They would eat out then go to her apartment. 

Joo was head over heels in love with him.  He hadn’t brought her any flowers yet or given her anything not even a card. But he would take her to the supermarket and afterwards cook for her – really simple Japanese or Korean dishes he said his mother had taught him. He fixed her cabinets and her leaky faucet. He would help her wash the dishes and insisted on throwing the trash before he went home. He let her watch sappy TV love stories and would let her rest her whole body weight on him while they were watching– she called him her living pillow.  He would always hold her hand and make sure she was comfortable – his hand on her back when they crossed the street or on her elbow when she had to steady herself.  He would plant little kisses on her face and embrace her warmly. He did little things that made her love him more than any grand gesture can.

The summer session was ending when Joo saw Taeyeon again.  Tiffany had come briefly during the summer to drop off Joo’s presents then jet off again to London with her parents.

“Joo there is something very different about you.” Taeyeon sat across her in her living room that warm Saturday afternoon. “Yes, definitely different.”

Joo smiled – something that she had been doing a lot lately. Smiling because she loves Yong. “I’m in love.” She said it simply. “I’m in love with the guy who’s been tutoring me all summer.”

 “What?” Taeyeon’s eyes were like saucers.  She knew how strict Joo’s mother was and how overbearing Jaejoong could be.

“I know what you’re going to ask me – NO my mother doesn’t know – I’ve bribed my guards with so much money they may all retire next year. And NO Jaejoong doesn’t know either.  And most important NO my guy doesn’t know that I am that Seo Joohyun...”

“You’re crazy – how can you keep that from him- do you know the consequences?” Taeyeon was in a panic. “Joo – sweetie you have to tell him.  If you want we’ll tell him together okay? Was he the guy Tiffany recommended to tutor you?”

“Don’t hit the panic button just yet!” Joo jumps out from the sofa. “I was planning on telling him before the summer session ends – that 2 week period before school begins.  Fan-fanny and Jaejoong won’t be here until then.  Please Taengoo just be happy for me okay? I finally find someone who’s real and who loves me just for me.  You want to see what he looks like?” She runs to her room and comes out bringing a box.

Joo had one talent that she was enormously proud of but didn’t broadcast to anyone except her family and 2 girlfriends.  She could sketch very well.  Her Appa had her take formal lessons when she was growing up. 

“Sweetie these are wonderful – have you shown it to him yet? Is this your perception of him or is he really this good looking?” Taeyeon holds up a sketch of Yong – he was holding a guitar and smiling. There were 10 other sketches – all of Yong’s face that Joo drew from memory.

“He’s really that good looking.” Joo snatches the paper from her friend’s hand and kisses it. “He’s not only good on the outside he’s also good on the inside. You want to meet him? We’re going to the club where he performs with his friends.”

“Hm... good looking, great on the inside, a full scholar and plays the guitar. Mr. Perfect?” Taeyeon teases her.

“He’s perfect to me.” Joo blinks back tears. “Do you think he’ll accept me when he knows what I am?”

Taeyeon pulls her friend in for a hug. “Of course he will – sweetie - you are not the sum total of the billions that you’ll own. You’re a sweet girl. Let me meet him so I will give my stamp of approval. Do I need to go home and dress up?”

“No it’s pretty casual.  A lot of international students go there. Yong’s going to be here pretty soon. We’re eating out at our favorite hole in the wall Italian restaurant.”

“Look at you – I leave you alone for the whole summer and you’re practically married when I come back.” Taeyeon joked. “Uhm – wait have you done it yet?”

Joo choked on the glass of juice she was drinking. “Ack – how can you ask me that – you embarrass the living hell out of me! NO - not yet thank you very much Miss Nosy.  I’ll be sure to broadcast it in CNN when it happens.”

“Well, I didn’t hesitate to tell you when I did it with Wooyoung. Too bad we broke up but it was good while it lasted.” Taeyeon grabs the glass of juice from Joo and finishes it.

“Taengoo I don’t want it like that – I don’t want to break up.  I really really really love him.” Joo whispers.

“Joo – nobody wants to break up.  But we’re not even finished with school yet.  I hope you don’t break up – I hope you get married and have a dozen children – all 12 little chaebols – your mother would die of a heart attack!” Taeyeon holds her hands up.  Joo collapses on the floor laughing and Taeyeon joins her.

Their girls gab session was interrupted by Yong arriving to pick up Joo.

“That must be Yong.” Joo makes to get up from the floor that was littered with chocolate wrappers and bottles of Coke.

“Hold up – no I will open it.” Taeyeon pushes Joo to the floor and runs to the door.

Flinging the door wide open she was all smiles. “Hello – you must be Yong. I’m Taeyeon or Taengoo if you prefer.”

“Uhm hello. Joo’s told me all about you.” Yong holds out his hand. “Jung Yonghwa.”

It took only 30 minutes for Yonghwa and Taeyeon to get acquainted then after that it felt like they were old friends.  Taeyeon had to admit he was easy on the eyes and she felt that he was a good person. Now if she could only silence the nagging thoughts inside her head about Jaejoong and Tiffany finding about Joo’s relationship with Yonghwa. Tiffany was their friend but Taeyeon just didn’t know if Fany's love for Jaejoong would win over her friendship with Joo – then Taeyeon would be in the middle of a really bad situation.

“Hey – am I that boring? That was a deep sigh!” Yong remarked.

“Sorry – I was just wishing school didn’t start yet.” Taeyeon smiles at him.

For your sake and Joo’s.

“Alright – I’m done.”  Joo steps out of her room.

Joo had decided to wear a summer dress.  She had lots of them but just didn’t want to bother because jeans felt so much better.  But Taeyeon looked so feminine in her summer dress that Joo felt just a bit insecure. The Ralph Lauren flowered sundress had a short hemline and a haltered top – she wore it with canvass wedged sandals and her hair was tied in a low pony tail.  She also wore a little bit more of the makeup she usually wore - a bit of eye shadow and blusher with nice shiny lip gloss. The effect was very summery and very feminine.

“Wow! You look so pretty! It took Taengoo to come and visit before you turned into a girl.” Yong stands up and looks at Joo from head to foot.

“You mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter