Right In Front of Your Eyes

Right In Front of Your Eyes

Chapter 7

 

When Jeongsu & Tiffany left, Yunho felt weird, confused really. He saw the look on Jeongsu's face & he could tell that smile was forced but the question is why. If Jeongsu was just Tiffany’s friend, why would he look so awkward when she introduced him as her friend? Moreover, when Jeongsu was introducing himself, why did Tiffany cut in & announce that they were only friends? ‘Could they be more than friends?’ Yunho wondered, as his mind drifted back to the scene when Jeongsu walked out of the room in a huff, ‘Could Tiffany be hiding the truth? Could she be doing this to...why can't I remember anything? Why?’ Yunho thought, as he got more & more annoyed with himself.

 

He lied down in bed & closed his eyes, trying to force his mind to remember but nothing, he couldn't remember a thing. He heard someone coming through the door. He didn't dare open his eyes, not even for a peek but the person didn't say anything either, ‘It's not Wonnie.’ Yunho concluded, but he really wasn't in the mood to find out. If it was Tiffany, could he face her & the truth? If it was Jeongsu, could he handle a beating?

 

Yuri walked into the quiet hospital room, seeing Yunho with his eyes closed. She didn't want to disturb him. Seeing that his bed covers weren’t covering him, she gently pulled up his covers, not wanting him to get a cold. Walking towards the window, she closed it as the night wind became chilly. Quietly, she cleaned up the mess by Yunho's bedside. Yuri put the magazines in a neat pile, threw out all the garbage & litter on the table next to Yunho. Before making her leave, she gently brushed away Yunho's tousled dark brown hair that fell to his eye. A smile spread onto her face as she watched him sleep so peacefully before making her exit.

 

Once Yunho heard the door click shut, he slowly opened his eyes but it was too late, he didn't even catch the face of the person but from the back view. The person had shoulder-length, black hair & wore a saddle blue levi’s classic denim jacket, almost identical to the one Tiffany was wearing, ‘Tiffany came & visited me again? That means….could that mean we might have a chance? She cares about me.’ Yunho thought happily, as all his prior worries seemed to evaporate while he dwelled on her visit. The way she tucked him in, the way she closed the window, the way she tidied up the room but most of all, she gently brushed away his tousled hair. Yunho could almost still feel her touch, her soft fingers brushing past his forehead. A smile crept to his face as he fell asleep.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany was in a real dilemma. How was she going to break the news to Yunho without breaking his heart & jeopardizing his progress? There just wasn't a way, one method or another, someone was going to get hurt. She didn't want to hurt Yunho nor did she want to hurt Jeongsu. What could she possibly do?

 

She had to talk with Yunho, she had to tell him the truth one way or another. Tiffany just can't bear lying to her best friend, ‘If he's going to get hurt, he will get over it. It's better the shock now than the heartbreak later.’ Tiffany concluded. She had to be fair to Yunho, Jeongsu & herself, now she just has to find the opportunity to break the news to Yunho.

 

The next morning, before going to work, Yuri made another visit to the hospital. She brought along fresh flowers, Yunho's favourite, white lilies. Pouring out the water in the vase, she refilled it with some fresh water & neatly placed the flowers in there. The second part of her daily quota was the curtains. Walking towards the window, Yuri opened the curtains to let in the warm sunlight & opened the window just a little to allow the fresh morning air to come in.

 

As Yuri walked past the bedside, she noticed that Yunho's covers were down again. Gently, she pulled them back up as Yunho stirred. She saw that Yunho's eyebrows were knitted, frowning. Yuri realized that he must be troubled by something. Shaking her head, she bent down & gently kissed his knitted brows, amazingly, he relaxed & even appeared to be smiling. Yuri couldn't resists a slight grin as she pulled out from her navy fuchsia dana buchman danny shopper bag of breakfast that she prepare for him everyday but not on one occasion has she been able to see him eat it, however, that wasn't her main concern as long as he likes it which Haewon reported that he does, Yuri's satisfied.

 

‘Damn!’ Yuri scolded herself. She forgot the knives & forks, ‘How do you expect someone to eat without utensils?’ Leaving the breakfast on the table, Yuri quietly rushed out to get some.

 

At the same time, Tiffany witnessed everything from outside the room. She noticed every single one of Yuri’s movements. The way she pulled up Yunho's cover, the way she opened the curtains, the way she opened the windows & the way she changed the flowers. Finally, Tiffany realized that Yuri was the person behind it all. No wonder the room is always tidy, clean & vibrant. Someone was taking care of every intricate detail, ‘So, she's the one that opens the curtains every morning & the one that tidies everything up & Yuri’s the one that brings the breakfast.’ Tiffany thought. Ever since Yunho's been in the hospital & every time Tiffany visits in the morning, she would always find the room spick & span with fresh flowers & a neat set out variety of breakfast. She used to wonder who did it all, it's only today that she realized that it was Yuri but from the way that Yuri took so much care into looking after Yunho, Tiffany sensed that they were more than just family friends. Yuri's gestures, especially that gentle kiss, immediately gave away to Tiffany that she's more than just a family friend. However, from Yunho's perspective, Yuri doesn't seem to be more than a friend to him but Tiffany can see that Yuri is definitely in love with him.

 

‘Perfect. I can kill two birds with one stone. I will tell Yunho Oppa the truth & make him see that Yuri is the one that is totally in love with him, then he might forget about me. It's time for Oppa to realize that Yuri’s the girl that has been caring about him more than anyone. Yuri's one.’ Tiffany realized.

 

When Yuri came out of the room, she was stopped by Tiffany.

 

"Hi, Tiffany." Yuri greeted, but there was this nervous tone in her voice.

 

"Hi Yuri, can we talk?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Uh, I was just about to..." Yuri started, but Tiffany interrupted her, "It will only be for a short while, I promise."

 

Yuri just nodded & followed Tiffany to the gardens.

 

"I don't know whether you know this but Yunho Oppa & I have been best friends since who knows when. We knew each other so well that its almost as if we were siamese twins. I really, really like Oppa but." Tiffany explained.

 

"You don't have to explain to me. If that's what you want to say, I know it already. I won't intrude & promise never to be the third person. I know Yunho Oppa is in love with you, he told me." Yuri managed but she almost choke on her tears.

 

"No, you don't understand. I already have a boyfriend. His name is Park Jeongsu & I love him very much. Yunho Oppa & I are just friends, best friends maybe but just friends but I know that you love him so don't deny it. It's okay to love someone, especially Yunho Oppa, he's always been lovable, you should have seen him in high school. All the girls were after him. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I have seen how you care for him, all those things are right in front of my eyes, I saw all your gentle & loving gestures but Oppa hasn't so it's time for him to find out who's really the one that captured his heart." Tiffany finally finished.

 

"No, you can't, Tiffany. Please promise me you won't tell him? It will break Oppa's heart, it will hinder his progress, just when he's going so well, please Tiffany, don't?" Yuri begged, but Tiffany didn't quite understand, "Why? You love him, don't you?" She asked, with a puzzled impression on her oval-shaped face.

 

Yuri shook her head, "Not enough for him to love me. You see, Oppa doesn't know me before this accident. I have only met him once at the place where I work. I only got to visit him because I accidentally let it slip that I'm his fiance. I'm not, only Haewon Oppa knows about this." Yuri went on to tell the story of how she fell for Yunho & how she came into existence in his life.

 

When she finished, she took in a deep breath, "I never told him & I made Haewon Oppa promise that he would never tell Yunho Oppa the truth because I didn't want to put pressure on him. I didn't want him to think that he was really in love me before the accident & force him to fall in love with me. I hoped & prayed that maybe through this accident, he would but the truth is, he didn't. He fell for you, Tiffany. He's in love with you so please, promise me that you won't tell him? It will destroy him & to see him heartbroken, it will destroy me, too." Yuri admitted.

 

"But that's because he doesn't know that you are the one that's tucking him in, cleaning his room, bringing the flowers, opening the curtains, opening the windows, bringing the breakfast & kissing him during his sleep! He thinks it's me that why he's in love with me! If I tell him the truth about me & Jeongsu Oppa & you Yuri, he will understand & realize that you are the one that he should be loving & you are the one he will love!" Tiffany exclaimed.

 

"For whatever reason it was that made Yunho Oppa fall in love with you, I don't care, it doesn't matter. The fact is, he’s in love with you, whether he thinks that you are me or I'm you. That's not the issue. The issue here is that Yunho Oppa loves you, he will progress with your love, your support & care so please, be there for him, Tiffany? Promise me?" Yuri pleaded again.

 

‘I can't believe we are arguing over Yunho Oppa 7 who should be the one loving him.’ Tiffany was amazed at the kind-hearted Yuri. She didn't know what to say, she couldn't say anything but agree. Slowly, she nodded her head & whispered, "Okay."


A smile crept upon Yuri's face but inside, she was bleeding. It felt like a millions of knives were stabbing her heart, tearing it to pieces but for Yunho, she will endure anything. The two girls embraced & it was a start of a friendship that would last forever. They both admired the other's kindness, sincerity & honesty but most of all, love for Yunho.