Right In Front of Your Eyes

Right In Front of Your Eyes

Chapter 6

 

“Friend?” Jeongsu stammered, obviously surprised by that sudden remark. Caught unaware, all he could do was plaster a grin on his egg-shaped face, hoping that all this was just a joke or another way of introducing him but he was wrong. Yunho smiled back at him & asked Tiffany, “So, is Jeongsu my friend, too?” Tiffany chuckled & shook her head but continued to reply, “Well, I guess he is now.”

 

Jeongsu’s heart sunk. He couldn’t believe that Tiffany would actually denounce their relationship, ‘Wait a minute.’ He thought, ‘Is she falling for that Yunho guy? It can’t be, right?’ His mind started to play tricks on him as anger started boiling within him. As he watched from the side, he saw red each time Tiffany & Yunho laughed & chorused each other merrily.

 

His smile faltered as he cringed inside. Why did this always happen to him? All his life, he had to hide his identity as the rich son & now, he has to hide his boyfriend-status from the world. Unable to withstand all this mounting pressure on him, he just swiftly headed for the door without uttering a single word.

 

Tiffany looked flabbergasted by the unexpected action of Jeongsu. Apologizing to Yunho, she rushed for the door to find the apparently angry Jeongsu. Running hastily down the aisle of the wards, she looked out carefully to see whether she could spot her boyfriend but he was nowhere to be found.

 

Hanging her head low, she walked backed into Yunho’s ward with a solemn expression. Seeing Yunho looking at her affectionately, she smiled at him sincerely & sat down next to him, “Yunho Oppa, do you know what it feels like to be in love?” Sighing, she continued, a tad disheartened, “Is it always this painful? I don’t know but to see your loved one in pain or to be in any sort of harm is the worst feeling ever.” She confessed straight from her heart as Yunho smiled.

 

Obviously getting the wrong idea, Yunho thought it was indirectly meant for him. He was injured & Tiffany seemed to show extra concern for him which to him was more than just a friend’s job. Although somehow, something didn’t seem right, he still believed that she was hinting or expressing her feelings for him. His heart swelled with pride as a smile played on his lips.

 

“I know exactly what you mean but love is beautiful, too. It is most beautiful to have the one you love the most around you, just to see her will make you the happiest person & to hear her voice, it will make your heart literally melt.” He replied meaningfully, as he stared deeply into her brown, wide, almond-shaped eyes. Breaking the eye contact, Tiffany knew she was in deep trouble. Yunho had definitely fallen for her.

 

Jeongsu slammed the door as Tiffany entered meekly, “So, what brings you here? Not spending time with that, what’s he called, Yunho?” He mocked, as Tiffany looked at him defensively, “Will you please listen to me? I can explain, if you had only listen.” She pleaded helplessly, as Jeongsu snubbed her once again, with that cold, distant look on his face.

 

“Is there anything to explain?” He asked stubbornly, “I don’t see anything. It is obvious that you chose him over me so there is nothing else for me to say.” Tiffany, looking at the dejected face of Jeongsu’s, felt as if her heart was shattered into pieces. Instinctively, she went over to him & pressed her light pink heart-shaped lips onto his. Pulling away slowly, she then asked him, “Will you listen to me now?”

 

He nodded silently, still shocked by her unexpected gesture, “I know it was wrong of me to have said that you were only my friend but I had my reasons.” Pausing for a moment, she looked deeply into Jeongsu’s dark brown, almond-shaped eyes, “I couldn’t tell him that you were my boyfriend, for the very main reason, that he is my family friend & I can’t let my family know about you & I. They have forbidden me from dating until I finish my studies & you know that. If I tell them that I’m your fiance, they will freak out but that’s not all.” She stopped in her sentence & looked at him straight in the eye.


“Yunho is in love with me. I saw that look in his eyes. He had that mesmerized look as if he was on cloud nine. I’m not praising myself to be some popular girl with a million guys chasing me but I think he interpreted my friendly gestures wrongly.” Jeongsu looked at her, not knowing what to say.


“I can’t let him know though, Jeongsu Oppa, I can’t sacrifice his health over this. Even if I have to pretend to like him, I will do it. He is my best friend & I don’t want to hinder his progress. I hope the best for him & I hope you can give me time.” She asked hopefully, as he looked away with tears forming in his eyes.

 

Regaining his composure, he smiled amidst the tears & told her, “Fany, I knew that you always thought about others & that’s why I love you so. Although all this is hard for me to accept, I will try. I will give you time but promise me that you will never leave me. You know that I can’t do without you.” Tiffany, most touched by his words, ran into his embrace & was thankful to god for such a great guy.


Smoothing her wavy, shoulder-length, dark brown hair gently, Jeongsu felt a sharp pain & worry lurking in his heart. Was he able to watch his beloved with another guy, he wasn’t sure but one thing he was sure of was that he would trust her no matter what & he would never let her go or lose her to another person because he realized how precious she was to him.