Right In Front of Your Eyes

Right In Front of Your Eyes

Chapter 3

 

Haewon just shrugged his shoulders & watched as Yuri walked away. What was he going to do? With such a big secret on his shoulders, he was quite troubled. Haewon has never been the person to trust with secrets, even though he promised that he would never tell a soul, in the end, he usually does. Like that one time, when his friend wet his pants & told Haewon not to tell the teacher, he ended up putting up this hand & announcing to the whole class while pointing to his friend that he had peed on himself. From that day on, everyone close to Haewon knew that even though he was a nice friend, he just can't be trusted with secrets, he would be the first to let the cat out of the bag, ‘I will keep this a secret.’ Haewon promised himself, if not for Yuri, at least for the sake of Yunho.

 

Slowly, he walked back to Yunho's room to find that he was still talking to Tiffany. Being a man also, he could sense that there was something in Yunho's brown, almond-shaped eyes when he talked to her. He could also see the flashes of electricity Yunho's trying to pass on but Tiffany was having none of it. Immediately, Haewon realized that Yunho had the hots for Tiffany but her of all people? ‘No, I can't let this happen. I won't let out the secret but I can prevent a heartbreak from happening.’ Haewon thought determinedly, hence he pushed the door open & interrupted their conversation.

 

"Hi, Fany." Haewon greeted, "Hope I wasn't interrupting anything."

 

"Hi, Wonnie. Oh no, I was just about to go. Look after yourself Yunho Oppa, see you later." Tiffany waved goodbye & exited.

 

Rather than seeing a smiling Yunho, he pulled a face, "Why did you have to come in at such a time?! Not earlier, not later, just when I was about...oh, forget it! You always ruin my everything!" Yunho said in a grumpy mood.

 

"What did I do?" Haewon pretended to not know what Yunho was talking about.

 

"You know perfectly well what I meant, don't ask the obvious. Didn't you see I was talking to Tiffany? Don't you know that when a man is talking to a lady that you don't ever interrupt, even if the house was on fire?" Yunho asked exasperated.

 

"Oh, I see, but when did you ever refer to Fany as a lady anyway? You used to non-stop about her being so tomboyish. When did that attitude suddenly change? Don't tell me...Oh no, Yunho, no way." Haewon couldn't even complete his sentence.

 

"Yes way, so what?!" Yunho retorted, "Did I really ? What was our relationship anyway? I mean, she said we were best friends but I find that hard to believe. How can a guy & girl just be friends? Were we...um, were we ever more than...you know, just friends?" Yunho asked tentatively, blushing at the same time.

 

"Oh my goodness, Yunho, you are blushing at the thought of Fany, the world must be flat. You guys were like best friends since...who knows when. Everyone used to tease you guys about it but no, you guys were just best friends, nothing more. If you find that hard to believe then you might faint at something else." Haewon immediately cringed at what he said, ‘Oops, almost spilt the beans.’

 

"What do you mean by that?" Yunho asked, confused but he was too focused on Tiffany to have any other thoughts occupying his mind.

 

"Oh, its nothing but man, believe me, you guys were just friends. You guys even vowed at the senior formal that you would never date each other, you guys nearly choked to death when someone mentioned you guys would make a great pair." Haewon said, as he chuckled at the memory.

 

"Really, but that can change, right?" Yunho said to himself, ‘It can change, right? She seems so nice, so caring, so thoughtful. This is love at first sight or is it? Maybe it's me finally coming out of life in denial. Maybe I didn't like her but wasn't willing to admit it.’ "Did you know Wonnie, that she even brought breakfast for me this morning? Even you weren't that caring. She also opened the curtains & brought in fresh flowers, unlike you." Yunho mentioned, but he left out the part about Tiffany holding his hands because he knew Haewon would just laugh at him.

 

‘No! It was Yuri! The girl in love with you! Yuri got the flowers, Yuri opened the curtains, Yuri brought the food! Not Fany! Wake up, Yunho!’ Haewon wanted to scream but for Yuri, he didn't. Taking in a deep breath, as if to hold down the desire to scream out the truth, "Whatever you think but Yunho, don't get too ahead of yourself, take a look around you, there might be more to what you see. Don't just see what you want to see but see what is actually happening." Haewon advised, there were hidden meanings to his hidden words, "Whatever you say but does Tiffany have a boyfriend?" Yunho asked. That was the question he was about to ask before Haewon came in & spoiled everything.

 

"Uh...I don't know, probably." Haewon replied, in fact, he doubted that Tiffany had one but wanted Yunho to give up on her so he could focus on Yuri, the girl behind all his praises.

 

After that, both of them were silent, neither of them saying a word. Yunho was in dreamland about Tiffany while Haewon trying to find a way to convince him to keep his mind off of her. The later wasn’t having much success, ‘There has to be a way to make Yuri confess & real soon.’ He thought.

 

"I will be back alright?" Haewon said to Yunho, & walked out of the room. He needed to make a phone call, real fast.

 

"Hello? Can I speak to Kwon Yuri please?" Haewon said.

 

"Yuri Speaking." Came the reply.

 

"Hi Yuri, it's me, Wonnie." He said, a little breathless.

 

"What is it, Oppa? What happened? Is Yunho okay? What's wrong?" Yuri asked, as she turned panicky at Haewon's breathlessness.

 

"Everything's fine, it's just that, I don't know how long I can keep your secret for. I think you should confess to Yunho or else...or else your effort might be wasted." Haewon advised.

 

"What do you mean? You want me to confess now? I don't want to put pressure on him okay? Besides, I don't want him to accept me like that, I want him to gradually fall in love with me like I’m in love with him." Yuri said, blushing.

 

"You don't understand, just promise me that you will think about it okay?" Haewon pleaded.

 

"If you are so insistent, I will keep it in mind but in the mean time, don't say a word okay?!" Yuri exclaimed, "Okay, bye." Haewon said.


"I will come by after work. See you later." Yuri replied, before hanging up, ‘What did Oppa mean? My efforts wasted? Or else? Could Yunho Oppa already know & hates me now? No, Wonnie Oppa would tell me that if it happened. Oh, why did I have to fall in love with him?’ Yuri thought dreadfully, at Haewon's puzzling words.