Right In Front of Your Eyes

Right In Front of Your Eyes

Chapter 4

 

Yuri was confused as her mind kept going back to Haewon’s last sentence, ‘Your effort might be wasted’. Pondering hard & long, she still couldn’t make out what was actually going on. It was obvious that he was trying to hint something but Yuri wasn’t sure. Was Yunho going to get married soon? She couldn’t even think of the possibilities but none of this mattered to her, as all she wanted was a glimpse of him everyday. Just to be there & hold his hand silently as if the time was made for the two of them, made Yuri feel more radiant than ever. Though she loved Yunho more than herself & wanted the love to be reciprocated she would never force him.

 

School was out & Yuri was glad for that as she had more time to visit Yunho. He was getting better & better, even though she wouldn’t admit, under her care. From time to time, his parents would come & visit him & his mother would talk to Yuri but other than that, it was more of Yunho, Yuri, Haewon & Tiffany being the frequent four together.

 

Picking up the plastic bag of food that she bought a moment ago, she whiffed the strong smell & smiled sweetly to herself, “Good.” She mentally noted, “It’s still fresh.” Strolling happily towards the ward, she straightened her clothes before pushing the door open. Scanning around the room, she saw Yunho sleeping soundly on the bed like a little baby lying in a crib. Yuri chuckled to herself, realizing that she was the only person who visited someone at seven in the morning.

 

Cleaning up the strewed articles on the floor, she slowly arranged everything in the room. Placing the magazines nicely in a pile, she placed the new magazine she just purchased right on top so that Yunho would notice it was there. Remembering Haewon telling her that he was a major fan of SES, she wanted to make sure he was up-to-date with his favourite pastime.

 

Looking at the withered flowers in front of her, she felt a bit angry with herself. She forgot the flowers. How careless of her. She heard from Haewon how much he loved to look at the flowers & especially loved the white lilies & roses the most. That was it. She would go downstairs to get the flowers & come back up & change them before he even noticed that. Grabbing her aegean blue dooney & bourke pebble zip top satchel purse, she went down to the florists.

 

Moments later, she came out with a bouquet in her hands. Slowly & carefully, she changed the water & placed the new flowers in, arranging them decoratively. Finally, she pulled open the curtains, only leaving that thin lace blocking the glaring sunlight. Finishing her daily quota, she walked into the washroom to clean her hands. Yunho stirred his eyes open as light streamed in through the thin curtains, making patterns on his face. He looked around to see the usual things greeting him. Smiling brightly to himself, he lay back on the bed, his eyes open. Yuri walked out & was a bit startled to see him looking back at her but regained her composure a moment later.

 

“Hey there!” She called out chirpily, as he grinned back, “Looking better than yesterday, much more improvement.” She teased, while blushing involuntarily. Yunho didn’t notice that though as he looked around at the little details once again. Noticing that he paid special attention to the flowers, redness crept up her cheeks once again.

 

He went to the bathroom to wash up while Yuri took the food out for him. Gratefully, he sat down on the bed & began to gobble down pork rib soup, “Slow down, Yunho Oppa. It’s all yours.” She said meaningfully, as he smiled at her sheepishly.

 

“You know Yuri.” He started out a moment later, very seriously, “We have been close friends, right?” Yuri gulped, “Yeah, as long as I can remember, we have been close friends.” She said, trying to sound as confident as possible. Yunho broke out into a toothy grin & told her happily, “Well then, that’s it, I have to share something with you because I’m sure you are the best one to know about it.”

 

Yuri smiled & nodded nervously, not knowing what to expect. Yunho continued as normal though, “Well, you know, I’m in love at the moment. Actually, I’m not sure but every time I see her, my heart will flutter because I know all the little things she has done for me & all the things she took into consideration & every little thing she did for me is registered in my heart.”

 

Yuri’s heart soared to the limit. He wasn’t talking about her, was he? He couldn’t have known. Haewon didn’t tell him, did he? Yuri, although happy, still listened because she felt a surge of anticipation. Yunho went on, “Well, I do know that she has been keeping me healthy & radiant because of her flowers, food & magazines & stuff.”

 

Finally he said, “I know it Yuri, I’m in love with her.” Yuri smiled sweetly & asked, “Who is this special girl?” Not trying to sound too obvious. Yunho looked at her in the eye & told her seriously, “I’m in love with my best friend, Tiffany.”


Upon hearing the name Tiffany, Yuri felt her whole world collapses in front of her.