Right In Front of Your Eyes

Right In Front of Your Eyes

Chapter 10

 

Yuri picked up the last of her books from the lecture theatre table before descending down the stairs & out of the theatre. It was the last lesson of the week & she was glad so, although she loved her university. It’s just that she had been so busy with all her work recently & all the classes were catching up to her. She had many sleepless nights trying to finish her thesis & was thankful for the well-deserved break.

 

“Bye Yuri!” Her friend called out, as she waved back enthusiastically before walking off to the bus stop. She had it all planned, she would go home & sleep & clean her apartment too, which she had been procrastinating, ‘Oh, well.’ She thought, ‘Better late than never.’

 

Standing at the bus stop & tightening the black silk & cashmere bicolor scarf around her neck, she prayed silently for the bus to arrive soon or otherwise, she would freeze to death. The good-natured Yuri didn’t hesitate to give up her place in the bus stop to an old lady & braved the blistering cold. This was all watched by someone as he smiled silently to himself as she was ever as beautiful & kind as she always was.

 

A moment later, a little boy ran up to Yuri. She smiled at him as he stretched out his hand & passed her a present. Bewildered, Yuri asked him gently, “Who asked you to pass me this?” The little boy shook his head stubbornly & started to run in the other direction. Yuri, startled even further, scrutinized the present but found no card on it. Not knowing what to do with it, she slipped it into her black kate spade new york cobble hill - devin satchel bag.

 

The man smiled once again, & walked away slowly.

 

Yuri pulled her waist-length, light brown hair back into a ponytail & started to mop the floor. It had been exactly a week since she received the present but had still yet to find out whom it was from but she had already opened it & found out its contents. It was a crystal heart with the words ‘Missing you’ carved on it. Yuri knew she fell in love with it at first sight but still couldn’t accept it as she didn’t know whom it was from. She had put it in the box & stashed it under her bed.

 

Thinking long & hard, she still couldn’t think of anyone. Until a moment later, she thought of him, Yunho Oppa. Could it be?’ She asked herself, over & over again, but knew that inside her heart, it was more than impossible. It had been three months since she had left & if he had wanted to look for her he would have done so long ago & besides, he had Tiffany.

 

Realizing that she was daydreaming too much, she shook her head to clear her thoughts & got back to her work.

 

“Thank you. Come back again.” Yuri chirped, as she passed the paper bag containing the bagel to the customer in front of her. She took in a deep breath & sat down. She had been working non-stop but was enjoying herself. Taylor, her working partner, came over & passed her a drink, “Here.” He told her, as he stretched out his hand. Thankfully, she took the drink from his hand. As she was about to stand up, her boss came in through the door with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. Playfully, Yuri , “Who is the lucky guy?” Her boss smiled & said, “I should be asking you that. It’s for you.”

 

“Me?” Yuri murmured, as she picked up the bouquet & pulled out a card. It read, ‘I will be seeing you soon’. Taylor, noticing Yuri’s shocked face, told her sincerely, “Yuri, although this seems great & all, I think that you should be careful, it could be a psycho.” Yuri smiled & nodded. Moments later, she pecked him on his cheek & left through the back door.

 

The man who was still there, had disappointment written all over his face.

 

Yuri looked at the flowers & realized she hadn’t been mistaken all this time. It had been Yunho. Besides him, who knew that she loves red flowers as him? She rushed right back to the coffee shop but couldn’t find him anywhere. He had left the place already.

 

Yuri looked at the wilting flowers. Five days was all it took & symbolically, it seemed like their hope to see each other again, was wilting away. He didn’t show up at any place that she was at, although she waited time after time. She sighed heavily as a tear traced her cheek gently.

 

Absorbed in her thoughts, Yuri didn’t hear the doorbell ring until it did for a few times. She hastily went to answer it, thinking it was Taylor, returning ‘Her forgetfulness’ something once again, but as she opened the door, she got a shock. Haewon was standing there, smiling broadly at her. Almost instantly, she fell into his embrace, “What are you doing here?” She asked in glee.


“I’m here to see you like I promised, didn’t I?” He joked, as she smiled brightly in return. As Haewon sat down, they talked & talked which seemed like eternity. Finally, Yuri plucked up the unseen courage & asked him, “How is he?” Haewon looked at her intently & slowly replied, “Not too good.” Yuri’s heart skipped a beat, “What’s wrong with him?” She asked concernedly.

 

“The girl he loves has a boyfriend.” He stated, as Yuri’s heart hit the floor in a jolt. Not knowing what to say, she just remained silent, “He loves someone? I thought its Tiffany, he found out about her & Jeongsu? Poor Yunho.” She debated mentally, as Haewon waved his hand in front of her, “Are you okay?” He asked, as she nodded.

 

“So, enough about Yunho, how are you & your boyfriend?” He questioned, as she looked at him with a confused expression on her face, “Boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend.” She rebutted in a flash, “No boyfriend? That means...means you are single & available.” She nodded bashfully, “Oh my god! We don’t have any time left, let’s go!” Haewon shrieked, as he grabbed her hand & led her out of the house.

 

Haewon explained everything to Yuri along the way as both of them rushed as fast as they could to the airport, “Oppa, what is he wearing?” Yuri asked desperately, as Haewon looked at her for a minute, dumbstruck.

 

“I’m not sure.” He replied uneasily, as a pang of uneasiness spread over Yuri’s face.

 

Running from counter to counter, Yuri looked up & down for Yunho but to no avail because he was nowhere to be seen. The flight hadn’t left though because they had just started boarding & they were sure he was still around. Panic dug into her heart as paranoia began to engulf her, “Something didn’t happen to him, did it?” She asked Haewon in a fearful voice, as he patted her back & told her to relax.

 

As they were about to give up hope, Yuri looked ahead at the gate & saw a familiar figure in a british khaki michael kors coat. Although they had been separated for a few months, Yuri could distinctively recall his physique & was quite positive it was him, “Oppa, look there!” She called out, as Haewon’s brown, almond-shaped eyes fixated on his brother, “It’s him.” He confirmed, as Yuri shouted out from the other side, “Yunho Oppa!”

 

For a moment, nothing happened & Yuri was preparing for the worst but a second later, Yunho turned around & looked straight at the girl he had come searching for. She was standing there right before him & he was wondering if he was seeing things. Picking up his bag, he started to walk towards his brother & Yuri to make sure that what he saw & heard was real.

 

Yuri had a toothy grin plastered on her face as she awaited his arrival. Yunho stood right in front of her & put down his bag, his eyes never leaving her face. She ran into his embrace immediately as he wrapped his arms around her. Crying bitterly, she chided him in a mock-angry tone, “How could you?! How could you leave without even saying hello to me, Jung Yunho?! I had been praying for your arrival all this time & you were planning to leave me once again?!”

 

He pulled away from her & told her directly & sincerely, “I couldn’t stay, I just couldn’t watch you with another guy.” She looked at him intently & asked him, “What guy?” “The one you kissed at the coffee bar.” He replied, a matter of factly, “You mean Taylor?! You actually thought he was my boyfriend?! Jung Yunho, are you mad or what?! Even if I wanted to I can’t! He’s gay!” She shouted, before covering , almost immediately.


“Oops.” She confessed sheepishly, “I promised to keep it a secret.” Yunho chuckled as he tweaked her sharp, pointed nose fondly. In a serious tone, she then interrogated him, “What about Tiffany? Is she the girl that you love but doesn’t love you? You came to find me as a replacement, didn’t you?” Plummeting his chest, she started to sob.

 

Pulling her into his embrace once again, he declared, “Of course not, Tiffany is but my childhood friend & the girl I love is the one who bandaged my leg on my first day of work, the one who brought me food, closed the curtains for me when I was sleeping, brought me flowers & magazines. That’s the girl I love.”

 

She smiled through her tears, “Wait a minute.” She probed, “How did you remember I bandaged you leg? I didn’t tell Haewon that. Wait, you remember?!” She cried out, as he nodded, “How could I forget? I was such a fool not to realize that the one I love was right in front of my eyes but now that I know, I’m never going to let you go ever again.”

 

They stood there, hugging each other as if there was no tomorrow until Yuri pulled away, “Hey, wait a minute. How come you only came to look for me three whole months later?” She asked, pouting as his eyes twinkled in mischief.

 

“Miss Kwon, new york isn’t as small as it seems, I had to use my identity as Mr. Jung, president of Jung cooperation to actually locate you. You could have at least told Haewon which university you were going to. Be thankful that I actually found you, otherwise you had be a spinster for the rest of your life.” He joked, as Haewon burst out laughing while Yuri remained pouting.


As they walked out together through the doors of the airport, all that could be seen was the three of them caught in the sea of beatitude & merriment.

 

A/N: stay tuned to another one of my next yunri fanfic ^^

btw, i'm sorry i wasn't able to update yesterday since i went to sacramento to do this job thingy but i will try to update as much as i can for the whole day today <3