ships passing in the night

Favourite Friend

 

 

“Are you sure?”

“I think so…” She looked at him apologetically but the next thing he did totally took her by surprise.

Yoochun reached out and pulled her slightly closer ..

Hyoyeon’s eyes closed automatically ..

*In 3-2-1..*

Yoochun’s red bow shaped lips met her full pink ones in a soft kiss.

 

Five seconds later, he drew back and looked into her eyes questioningly.

“That.. that was,” she brushed her fingers over her lips lightly, “nice…”

 

An amused chuckle escaped Yoochun’s lips despite the disappointment in his eyes, “That’s it?”

Hyoyeon lowered her head to hide her flushed cheeks. “Sorry.” Still looking down she started to walk away but Yoochun rushed forward and blocked her path. Their positions were now reversed.

 

“Look, don’t take me for a ert Hyoyeonnie (and I’m only saying this because I like you so much) but I wasn’t prepared then!” Yoochun looked at her sincerely and Hyoyeon cracked a smile. He wasn’t at all intimidating – she even wanted to giggle at how things were turning out totally unexpected – “I swear my kisses are usually mind-blowing! Can we try it again? Just once more?”

Hyoyeon thought about it and nodded slowly. It wasn’t a big deal - this wasn’t her first time kissing a boy (she was 18 after all) and it might help clear things in her mind as well. “Ok… I guess.”

 

Yoochun gingerly placed his hands on both of her shoulders and lowered his head while Hyoyeon waited with eyes closed and their lips met again.

The kiss was longer than the last one and this time, Hyoyeon tried to move around as well – committed to settling the issue – but still...

 nothing.

 

They separated again and Hyoyeon looked at him guiltily.

 

“Wow,” he shook his head with a pout, “my ego’s taking a beating today, girl!”

“Mianhe oppa, I’m really sorry… I… ” her gaze returned to the floor. She was so stupid – 90% of the girls in the company would probably have killed to be in her shoes right now.. but she couldn’t lie to her heart.

There was no spark between them.. no electricity just like she didn’t feel anything when he held her hand the night before or when he had touched her forehead earlier..

 

She wasn’t sure exactly what she was looking for but she knew she would’ve felt it.. that jolt of current

That … that zapping sounds when they touched…

like…

 

Oh!

“I think I..” she blurted out; eyes wide with undeniable realization as her hand flew to cover . “No I'm sure I like someone else.. I’m sorry oppa,” she finished in a tiny voice.

Yoochun simply nodded with a defeated smile – he already knew that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile.....

 

Hyukjae exited the large building and immediately fished out his cellphone from his pocket. He scrolled down the contacts list until he reached 'Cinderella', pressed "CALL" and waited for the line to connect.

 

 

“Annyeong! It's Hyukjae,” he spoke when the person on the other end finally answered, “remember the thing I asked you about..?”

 

Flashback –

**From chapter 11**

[[ Hyukjae sighed contentedly as he dug his shoes into the sand.

She had been back for a little less than a month and everything was just so much more reassuring with her around. He was also relieved that those funny feelings he had first felt when they met again had gone away. His heart was back to being in that comfortable space with her – a feeling that he could only describe as “hyoyeon-ness” – a sense of family, friend, comfort, warmth, security.

It had also led to him to a realization …

‘Speaking of which I need to talk to Heechul hyung tomorrow’ he made a personal reminder to himself.]]

The following day:

Things were back to being the way they were between Hyoyeon and him.

Hyukjae shook his head with a wry smile thinking about how he had initially reacted to Hyoyeon when she got back from China. Like he was attracted to her or something but thankfully, he had been able to figure out the source. It was simply because he hadn’t dated a girl in so long that his hormones were going into overdrive and even making him feel funny things around Hyoyeon. His best friend of all people!

'This mustn't happen again!'

 

He cornered Heechul on his way to the kitchen.

“Hyung! Can I ask you for a favour?”

“I don’t know Hyukjae ah… What could I possibly be able to help you with? I’m afraid I might corrupt you!” The older boy rubbed his head affectionately. 

 

Hyukjae revealed his gummy smile, “No hyung! You’re the best person to help me because... I need you to find me a girlfriend.”

“A girlfriend? Didn’t she just get back? Wow! You guys break up already?”

 

“Eh?” Hyukjae scratched his neck in confusion. “Who?” Then it suddenly dawned on him – who Heechul was referring to – and he let out a loud uneasy laugh.

“I’m serious hyung.”

‘And even more so now if people are starting to imagine weird things about us too!’ he thought.

 

Heechul looked at him closely, like he was considering the request seriously, and then shrugged, “Fine, let me make some calls. I’ll let you know.”

End of flashback

-------------------------------------------------

“Hyukjae ah, this is perfect timing!” Heechul yelled in his ear.

“Really?”

“Yes just perfect. My dongsaeng says he’s found the perfect girl – pretty, smart, glamorous – and she’s agreed to meet you. When do you want to meet up?”

“Anytime..” He felt a sharp jab somewhere near his chest. In fact, his body had been acting up with unexplained aches for a while now and he couldn’t place his finger on what it was but right now, he felt like all his weird feelings would be solved when he has a girlfriend, “as soon as possible.”

“For real? Hang on then,” Heechul put him on hold for a few seconds and then came back on the line sounding excited, “So how about tonight?”

 

He thought for a second, ignoring the persistent pain and answered,

“I’m in.”

===========================================================================================================

A/N 

another update :) sorry for the angst but im updating quickly so we can get past it fast. i hate breaking up my hyohyuk too!

but just a warning - things will get worse. please keep reading because there will be some hyohyuk moments in there as well but its going to be a bumpy ride.