Lean on me..

Favourite Friend

 

“Jesus! Haven’t they been gone for like two hours already?” Hyoyeon complained as she stifled another yawn and looked around their immediate surroundings hoping to catch a glimpse of the vanished lovebirds.

“40 minutes,” Hyukjae answered in an amused tone. She always got cranky when she was tired.

‘She must’ve practised very hard for the showcase today.’

 

 

“Why don’t you take a nap for a bit? I’ll wake you up when they get back.”

“Oh believe me, I’d love to nap, oppa. But where?” She looked around dismally. Hyukjae did the same.

There was just sand everywhere on the playground and the park grounds were wet with dew. He wouldn’t even be able to lay down his jacket on the grass.

He gazed back at the younger girl and she looked so exhausted it seemed like her neck would snap off from trying to keep her head up. And the swing kept jerking her around. Her under eye circles also were almost blue against the moonlight.

 

 

‘Where there is a will there is a way.’

 

 

“Hey, come here,” Hyukjae whispered and held out his hand before the very drowsy Hyoyeon.

“Wh.. where are we going? I don’t think I can even walk op..paa.”

He simply pulled her up and then commanded, “Sit.”

“Eh?” her eyes peered open. “Where?”

“Here,” and with that he tugged her down gently so that she was sitting on his lap sideways. “It’s not ideal but at least I won’t have to be traumatised by waiting to watch your neck break in half.”

“B..but..” Hyoyeon opened to protest but it was oddly very comfortable sitting there. “Okay I guess.. but just for a few minutes. Warn me if I’m too heavy or something.”

“Oh believe me, I will Princess Fiona,” he teased but the Princess was already sleeping soundly curled up against him.

He put an arm around her head to make sure it wouldn’t roll off from against his shoulder and slowly rocked back and forth on the swing.

 

*********************************************************************************

 

“Mmm…. The sun is up!” Hyoyeon spoke outloud as she stretched her arms as far out as they would go and stifled a yawn.

“Shhh.. I still want to sleep,” a grumpy voice called out from under the pile of blankets on the other side of the bed.

 

“Whh… at? Wh..o? Where am I?” Hyoyeon gazed around the room feeling severely disoriented. It was too soon in the morning for her brain to snap into action. Nothing from last night was coming back to her.

 

She drew back the blankets..

 

“Ah it’s you!”

 

“Yes, it’s me! Duh.” 

*******************************************************************

 

A/N Sorry for the super short update, I wont be able to post this weekend either so i thought I'd at least leave you with a little something. i'll try to update soon. thanks for the comments